How to naturally induce labor?

My OB gave me the approval to start trying to induce myself at home. What are some things that yall did and worked

5 Likes

Castor oil! Mixed with orange juice. Worked for both my sister and I.

2 Likes

Bouncing on an exercise ball will help start contractions and/or break your water.

Nothing worked for me! :sob: I went the full 41 weeks! I wish you luck! :crossed_fingers::pray::heartpulse:

1 Like

Evening primrose I hear helps soften the cervix

Nothing helped me ! Ha ! First child I had to be induced when he was 3 weeks late ! Second and third babies late too . They were all huge but nothing like that first one !

Yes, I would say if it’s time spend time in the bedroom with your husband, it worked for me

3 Likes

S** with a couple of them and my last one I did alot of walking

1 Like

A wise woman once told me you can shake a tree but the nuts won’t fall until they are ready. Same with babies. You could however try walking.

6 Likes

Lots of sex all positions, exercise ball, walk and lots of pineapples. Had my son after 1 sneeze lol a couple days before his due date.

1 Like

Castor oil!! Worked twice with me. People like to talk smack about it, but it worked both times with me with no issues.

3 Likes

Sex, long walk, a birthing ball, hot curry but in honesty I tried it all. Baby comes when baby’s ready. I went over twice and tried all these methods :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Vacuuming on your hands and knees pushes baby down, try a spicy curry too and use a bubble bath with sary clage oil in it

2 Likes

Nipple stimulation. I had a nurse that told me to do this. My water had broke and I wasn’t having contractions so she had me do this. It worked.

2 Likes

Spent time with my husband. Then fell asleep. Woke up in labour 6 hours later

5 Likes

Nothing will induce labor unless it’s imminent anyways. Just relax

4 Likes

My baby was premie but I’ve heard about sex and walking to induce labor.

1 Like

Nipple stimulation or start expressing colostrum

Sex works good.
Please educate yourself on the risks of castor oil before trying. Good luck mama!

2 Likes

Hands down but the only way I know is to have sex.

Twice I went out and had chili dinner
 went into labor the following morning both times,!

I ate 2 pineapples. I went into labor the next day. I was 4 days past my due date.

Walk, walk, and more walk!!!

Nothing will make labor start unless you are already about to start. Maybe see if they will do a cervical sweep. I had two for my last. Nothing. Ended up getting induced and same with my first. I tried literally everything. I wanted to go into labor so bad. Baby comes when they are ready. And if not, then they give them an invitation notice with induction lol.

Power walking the mall is what sent my friend into labor đŸ©·

I mean, nothing is going to induce labor until your body is ready. Why not let that baby cook until they’re ready this makes no sense.

Red raspberry leaf tea starting at 30 weeks(was OB approved because my cervix doesn’t like to dilate or get soft quickly), and bouncing on a ball. At 34 weeks we added walking for 30 mins, and primrose oil pills up the who ha all the way back to the cervix. Ps it’s a great lubricant :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and got my membranes swept 2 times in a week and ended up my water breaking and having a successful VBA2C

Sex, walking, pumping milk. I do not recommend castor oil.

:rofl: tried it all, they even induced me twice. Not a thing. Doctor peaked over the sheet during my csection and said good choice momma, he’s stuck. Crazy 21 months later she said Deja vu, your babies like this spot.

walking sex it will help push along my first i did alot of walking and working i walked in the hospital to have got settled she walked out in 4hrs and 50 minutes. my last to well both in duced my 2nd walked out after being induced in 4hrs and 55 minutes . my last didnt want to walk out. and she was a week over due.