How to obtain full custody?

You cant file for ABANDONMENT because he IS still having contact with him. You have to wait until he goes 6 months with no contact to file abandonment on him. All you can do is file a motion that its causing you sons mental health to become unstable and hope they grant it to you

Collect the child support - it can be garnished about of his check or income taxes.

1 Like

My daughters father is a crack head and stays in jail. He wouldnā€™t sign his rights over either. He was 50,000 behind in childsupport and would rather sit in jail then pay. So I took his rights away from him when she was in grade school. Yes I had to pay for it. And she is fixn to turn 18 soon and its still the same crap. In jail as Iā€™m typing now. He gives her false hope. Hes supose to be out for her graduation so we will see.
Maybe try some counseling with him. My daughter was same way but waited til she was 14 when she acted out. Prayers for you and your family

I would ask a lawyer that or go to the courts. Every state and situation is different.

Do se googling and research custody laws, parental rights, and everything of that nature in your state. Also stop being so angry at the dad even tho I know how it feels to know your child is hurting get the baby in therapy for himself and stop trying to force dad to he available. Sounds bad but it may help you get the results you want in the end

Getting full custody isnā€™t going to help anything. Put your energy into your sonā¤ļø

6 Likes

You and your son should both go to therapy to handle the hurt and negative feelings towards his dad. His (and your) mental health will not get better just by getting custody.

10 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry your son is going through this. It would break my heart if my dad did this to me. My priority would be to get your son some professional help over trying to severe legal ties. Make your son and his feelings the priority.

4 Likes

As a mom of a 14 year old boy who has delt with a ā€œdadā€ like this his whole life. Take him to therapy! No matter if his father has rights or not your son isnā€™t going to just forget about him and this will continue to hurt him. Get him the support he needs to deal with his feelings correctly.

2 Likes

Most states the other parent has to be out of contact (phone calls, text, mail, etc) for a year voluntarily(without you ignoring calls and other communication. I feel you because I am going through something similiar with my daughters dad

1 Like

Iā€™d maybe start with counciling for your son on emotional coping and start making phone calls if your really feel this needs to happen. But the real concern is your son right now trying to navigate and express how he feels about all this. Good luck mama, my daughter is 9 and we went through this! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

How is having the court award you full custody gonna help you? You already have full custody. Heā€™s only been distant for 2 monthsā€¦.the kid has a lifetime of ups an downs, avoid the drama and call his dad and tell him what is happening, coparenting is much easier than power struggling with the other party.

3 Likes

My ex husband did the same. He is in and out of my sonā€™s life causing my son anger issues. I always had full sole custody since I divorced him when my son was 13 months but he did this with his court ordered visitation. He hardly showed up or called being court ordered and when I brought that up in court the judge turned it around on me that Iā€™m being hostile. At least here in New York they told me visitation is at will and he basically could come and go as he pleases at the childā€™s expense

Most attorneys will give you a free consultation. I went through something similar. I put my child in counseling and got a GAL attorney that only works on the childā€™s behalf. He eventually just stopped all contact after I hired the GAL. Good luck, I know itā€™s hard.

1 Like

Donā€™t terminate his rights. Get the child support going. Be there for your son. Therapy. And when the day comes your son wants to call,reach out or go see his dad let him and be supportive.

1 Like

Donā€™t waste your time, it hasnā€™t been long enough. Dad is a POS, just concentrate on your son right now and the 2 of you go to counseling/therapy. When your son gets older, let him decide if he wants to see his Dad or not. You donā€™t want him to ever think you kept him away. Just help him however you can - he will see it and understand when he is grown and let him decide. Being his Mom is the best thing you can do. Good luck.

2 Likes

I highly suggest therapy for your son.

2 Likes

File, emotional abuse

It shouldnā€™t cost you anything to report him for missing child support payments. Call the appropriate agency, give them his address. They will track him down. Get your son a counselor. The school should have one.

Your son isnā€™t going to forget his father exists and his problems wonā€™t just magically disappear if you get him to sign his rights away. Think about whatā€™s best for him, what he needs, not what you think would be easier because youā€™re mad and disgusted with his father.
Fight for full custody, it shouldnā€™t be hard once you prove abandonment.
Get your son counseling and going forward youā€™ll need to take each day and situation as it comes with your sons needs.

4 Likes

After a certain amount of time with no contact what so ever , you can usually file abandonment against dad .
In Alabama itā€™s like 3-6 months , idk what it would be where your at .

No way around it without a lawyer id start therapy regardless your son needs help handling his emotions and hurt.

1 Like

I think instead of wasting money on courts for rights, you should invest in therapy for your son. You should be fighting to fix him, not trying to get one over on your ex. Your ex is not worth your energy! Your son is everything x

8 Likes

I would get child support going first.Some states,have laws regarding his rights.For NY,the father would have to have no contact for a full year for us to have him sign off on his rights.

3 Likes

Start with putting the kid in therapy. Also be prepared that it doesnā€™t matter what the dad has done, the court will still recognize him as a parent. Unless he has a history of abuse or drug use, stuff like that, they donā€™t care.

My sonā€™s dad did something similar. Left the state for a year, came back and started another court process. They still gave him parenting time!

take your son to a child therapist, He needs to express his angry, disappointment & feeling sad to this person

My son is 11 and going thru something similar, he was there for years seeing him, spending time with him, calling and then all of the sudden about 4 years ago he decided to just stope for whatever reason (he was a recovering alcoholic and Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s back to drinking), heā€™s only 10 minutes from us but doesnā€™t put forth any effort and Iā€™ve always kept the lines of communication open for them. Ive always said no matter how I feel towards the man itā€™s a decision my son has to make whether he wants to see/talk to him (within reason, obviously if I felt it was a danger to my son Iā€™d intervene) but I know if I make the decision for my son as he got older he may resent me. As heā€™s gotten older heā€™s started to see how his dad is and is making the decision for himself but he has taken a toll on my son mentally thatā€™s why heā€™s going into therapy to help him cope and learn to deal with what heā€™s feeling (abandonment, unloved, unwanted). I donā€™t think gaining full custody is the answer to your problems because at 7 years old he is most likely not going to just forget his dad ever existed, he needs therapy to help him learn to cope and deal with everything heā€™s feeling. Just he there for him and get him help, that needs to be the main focus because trust me it affects them more than we may even realize. At one point my son has talked about hurting himself because he felt no one loved him or cared because of his father (major reason for the therapy) best of luck to you and your son.

2 Likes

He took off to a different state and went no contact, abandonment should be the easiest route for that

2 Likes

Your first visit to talk to an attorney is free.I would seek advice first.

And he may not want to turn full custody over to you cause he will have to pay child support.

You canā€™t make your son forget. Nor can you take the pain away. You can take her m to therapy. You need not put him down. You just donā€™t know why and youā€™re sorry dad is making this choice. Next get him a male mentor, family, friend, big brother. Keep reassuring your son itā€™s not healthy m. Lots of hugs. Keep him m busy

Really, if you have no visitation set by the courtsā€¦ then I wouldnā€™t worry about full custody. If he doesnā€™t so much as even call your son you can almost bet heā€™s not going to pay the 5k plus to get a lawyer to fight for visitation. Until he gets a lawyer he has no right to see his son. Like some of the other people have saidā€¦ focus on your son. Donā€™t answer his random calls. Until they become consistent. And put your son into therapy. And if he does have ordered parenting time by the courts he doesnā€™t seem to be using itā€¦ or planning to. And by the time he does your son will probably cry around about not wanting to see him because he isnā€™t comfortable with himā€¦

I donā€™t see how waiting money on get full custody Is going to help the situation :disappointed: Just because you feel that way doesnā€™t mean your son feels that way. Iā€™m sorry heā€™s hurting the best thing you can do is be there for your son . If dad doesnā€™t want be there put all your energy into your kid involve him in sports , lots of kids clubs keep him busy. and act like dad doesnā€™t exist you said he hardly reaches out anyway good luck mom :heart:

2 Likes

My sons dad moved to cali last year hasnā€™t seen my son since donā€™t call donā€™t show up for visits they did send a card a a car that flips the card said to carter from carter so he found out he has a brother younger then him named after himā€¦. Do what u feel is best for ur baby bc if u donā€™t look out for him no one else will I learned the hard way

It Will cost up front for you but a Lawyer is what you will need to get what you want!

A parent canā€™t just sign their rights away. There has to be clear proof that the child is in immediate danger and their health and safety is at risk. A judge wonā€™t let a parent sign the rights away because they donā€™t make any effort ti see the kids.

1 Like

l get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $13162a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://Dollarj0b24.surge.sh

How would getting full custody help your son? That doesnā€™t sound like the issue at all. Is there some kind of Big Brother organization that your little guy could connect with? In the meantime, get the child support back on board for you.

2 Likes

Itā€™s most likely a case of him not wanting to speak to you, because he obviously has to when heā€™s trying to speak to his son. You can get full legal custody, that shouldnā€™t be a problem, just file a motion. But you arenā€™t going to get dad to lose his actual rights to the child. You wonā€™t need a lawyer you should be able to do everything pretty easy.

I believe you can file child abandonement if they donā€™t contact the child in 6 months or more. I read that once. Might be worth a shot. I know some say why does it matter, but it does. If you want to get your son a passport to travel, the father has to sign it. You donā€™t want legal ties when the other party is difficult.

1 Like

l get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18085 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://Dollarj0b45.surge.sh

Unfortunately, he wonā€™t ever forget he exists.

1 Like

For full custody you need a lawyer. And 2,000 wonā€™t get you anywhere. It takes about 4 to 5 thousand dollars to get full custody. My grandson just went through this.

Your son needs therapy and not to be subject to another court circus. He may be using dad as an excuse for something else going on.

3 Likes

You canā€™t force his father to sign over rights. You can go for full custody. I highly recommend getting a lawyer, mostly because of the complicated forms, filing fees, and court appearances. Maybe if you take the father to court for full custody, he will come around and start to have regular contact with your son again. I would get your son in counseling for his anger issues. The poor kid has to be hurting and could probably use some help.

1 Like

I donā€™t see where severing ties will help your son. Have him see a therapist. He needs extra emotional help.

3 Likes

My advice is call legal aid and talk to a lawyer.

Getting full custody isnā€™t going to heal his little heart. He needs therapy at least if his dad doesnā€™t care enough about it is effecting his sonā€¦just my thoughts tho

4 Likes

Your son will never forget about his father.

l get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16564 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://Dollarj0b68.surge.sh

Counseling definitely. States May let them sign rights away but they will still be responsible for support unless you have someone your with willing to adopt. You can fill in court for full custody without a lawyer if heā€™s willing to sign and agree but if he decides to fight itā€™s going to get expensive. My sons dad hasnā€™t been in his life for almost 5 years. He doesnā€™t remember him but he hasnā€™t forgotten him. Thatā€™s not something that will probably happen.

2 Likes

l get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $29160 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://Dollarj0b90.surge.sh

They may give you full physical custody, but I highly doubt theyā€™d have him sign his rights away. I would look into getting your kiddo into some type of therapy.

1 Like

You having full custody will not take your sonā€™s pain and anger away. You need to get him into counseling/therapy in order for him to work through his emotions and the situation. Put the money you would spend on a lawyer towards helping your son get through this.

10 Likes

Getting him involved in sports activities try to make time to meet intervention time between each other you donā€™t need a therapist. All those forms of act makes them confused. Get him involved I seen many single moms became better than when they do have a husband. I Can do it trust in that inner self person ā€¦ā€¦:heartpulse::pray:

1 Like

The fact your son is 7, he will never forget who his father is. Also if he is angry that his dad isnā€™t involved in his life and you try to make it so he can never be involved again will damage your relationship with your child since you would be keeping him from his father and he Clearly wants his dad. Not sure how you getting full custody will help your son. Therapy would help your son be able to cope with his feelings towards his father and could help with his acting out in school.

6 Likes

Channel the anger like somebody said get into a sports or a hobby he likes or you know suggestion go do something with them every weekend if you can donā€™t have to be every weekend thereā€™s a couple hours on a Saturday do what he wants find out what he wants to do and go do it just go take a hike in the woods go swimming fishing

1 Like

Some states you canā€™t just sign away parental rights unless someone else is willing to legally adopt the child. You have to prove other parent is unfit. Which means lots of court dates and $.

l get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12706 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://homemakemoney417.neocities.org/

You need to go to your local DHHS office and make him pay child support. Most states also make the parents of the child have visitation rights in place, before said party takes off and moves to another state. Your son is the most important thing over all others though. He needs therapy. It sounds like he is suffering from abandonment issues, and at his tender age, he has no ability to compartmentalize what he is feeling.

1 Like

Talk to attorney a good one and see abt your options

I know itā€™s a long shot it might help but see if thereā€™s a big brother program that will help with the guidance to be on a good road if the dad doesnā€™t want to sign over his rights and doesnā€™t ever want to give him a phone call and give him false Hope and stuff. Just kind of drop him off the face of the Earth give him somebody else to look forward to a call from

1 Like

Unfortunately to change a custody agreement you have to go to court. But you also have to realize that changing the custody agreement is not going to take away your childā€™s pain. Spend more time with your child, if he needs it take him to see a therapist who can help him work out his feelings in a safe way. My daughter went through some huge battles with anger at her father when we got our divorce. She was able to talk to her therapist more than she would talk to me. Itā€™s something to think aboutā€¦

3 Likes

You already have full custody if his father isnā€™t coming around. Dorget that and try to find some help for your son. Talk to your son and explain how sometimes people take love for granted because of a new toy or new interest. Kids understand more than we think they do. Tell the dad that if you donā€™t have time for him now, he wonā€™t have time for you when heā€™s grown.

3 Likes

Why do Women always want the rights signed off, soon as they move on!!! So sick and tired of it!! Deal with it! Get counseling! Thatā€™s is his dad! Women need to stop this BS!

2 Likes

Iā€™d see if maybe a family attorney would will you a free consultation to get you in the right direction and I would ask his pediatrician for a therapy referral bc Iā€™m sure your son is hurt from seeing his dad on a regular basic to not being to even reach him on the phone. Stay strong mama!

If you go to court for it it might turn out that you have to meet the father half way for visits ā€¦ if your son is angry he doesnā€™t see his dad anymore and you terminate all contact ā€¦.Your son could turn on you and resent you for it ā€¦

2 Likes

No matter absent the father is, the child will still struggle with that absence. They donā€™t just forget they were abandoned by a parent. Some may be able to handle it more gracefully, but they donā€™t forget. With that said, full custody shouldnā€™t be difficult to obtain considering circumstances. Document every single thing.

So you think that having full custody wi resolve the issueā€¦ Just how exactly is your brain functioningā€¦ Its OK son your dad as, legally disowned youā€¦ Turn that frown upside downā€¦ Obviously you are complete bonkersā€¦ Sounds to me your trying to justify no contactā€¦ You are not in control of your ex so stop playing the game and let them sort it outā€¦

1 Like

Taking dadā€™s rights away will NOT make your child forget his dad exists. Your son needs therapy to help him deal. At 7, he will NEVER forget dad exists.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat and we just roll with it. Takes more energy to be mad then it does to accept I feel like your hurt and valid reason for it but youā€™re going to make it worse for the kid if you keep this up.

2 Likes