How to potty train boys?

i started mine at 2 and he wasn’t ready until 3. don’t push it. he will go when he is ready.

these comments are quite sad… but it explains a lot about children & their behavior :woozy_face:… y’all basically let y’all kids run the show & then wondering why you have zero control over them by the time they’re 7/8. or, it’s straight up lazy parenting. i’ll never claim to be a perfect parent, but i damn sure do not let my kids run me. :woman_facepalming:t4:

My two year old came to me when he was ready, we tried months ago but he refused and was scared of it but now he will go

Make it fun, the actual toilet was a little scary to my son so he started by peeing outside then we worked our way in :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Take him outside and pee on a tree!!

4 Likes

I got a kids seat and put it on the toilet. Made my kids feel more grown up, worked for both.

Let them pee off the pack porch in the yard seriously this was the only way I could get my kids to do it lmao :rofl: that and it’s always a good laugh

2 Likes

He’s not ready clearly

My son was like that He was fully potty train closer to 3 1/2 just before he started school
Sounds like he’s just not ready yet

Sometimes a kid isn’t ready at 2. Don’t push. It will make it harder. Back off for a month and check again. Repeat until he’s ready and once he’s ready it will be done immediately

2 Likes

Both my boys really weren’t ready until 3 years old and it took a while but both were fully potty trained by 4 years old…

Let them pee out back in the yard, on a tree lol I have 3 boys and was hard to potty train finally my father in law started letting them pee out back and they started using it outside now they just whip it out and pee anywhere lol outside haha I’m likeee Noo you can’t just do that anywhere but now my 3 year is fully trained and has been since about 2

3 Likes

Throw some cheerios in the toilet bowl and tell him to aim :grin::v: … also he’ll do it when he’s ready

He’s not ready. Best to wait till he’s interested instead of the headache. You won’t accomplish anything forcing him. Boys take longer than girls anyway. I potty trained my boys with target games. I used colored cereal in the toilet . Now they have actual games on Amazon you can buy. Start by making it a game and see where that goes

Little young, plus he’s a boy!

We used gel food coloring in the toilet for my 2 year old. He knew when he peed and hit the blobs of food coloring it would separate and change the toilet waters color. He also really enjoyed blue and red and making them change color when he peed. We always allowed my son to pee standing up we did not force him to sit down and when in doubt let him go outside and pee wherever he wants

1 Like

We let our boys pee on a tree at first then moved onto the potty they make toddler urinals

i always see advice on how to get them to pee in my opinion that’s the easy part. My son is four and refuses to go poop in the potty.

When he is older - have Daddy show him how big boys pee in the toilet. He will really think that is big stuff.

Wait until he’s ready, if u push 2 hard u will traumatise him, it’s perfectly fine for a 2 year old to not be toilet trained

He isn’t ready wouldn’t worry or force it.

Usually about 3 for boys. Don’t force it .

Wait until he’s ready. If he doesn’t want to do it, don’t push him. My son was 3 before he was potty trained.

Get a child size toilet seat and tell him to use the big boy toilet… my son wouldn’t use potty so we bought a child size toilet seat and we were lucky that he decided to use it no tantrums at all

He will do it when he’s ready! He might not be old enough or mature enough yet.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to potty train boys? - Mamas Uncut

Let him do it when he is ready

1 Like

I used a “potty chart” … For each time he went convectively, he’d get a small treat and after the tenth or so time in a row he’d get a big treat… like a trip to his favorite play place. I used stickers and everything :rofl: worked in about a week

1 Like

Throw some fruit loops in toilet and he gets a prize for hitting them

3 Likes

Cheerios in the toliet as Target practice

1 Like

My boy was absolutely awful until I purchased the frog urinal from Amazon(less than $20) They tinkle on the spinning thing and get a kick out of it. No problem after that.

We just left a little potty in the living room and let him run naked, we started with pooping though because he was pooping at the same time every day, so we just sat him on the toilet when it was time and he went with it… he was like 2 and a half when we started and by the time he was 3 he no longer wet the bed

1 Like

Find their favorite show, pause between episodes and to attempt the bathroom or no show.
Depending on how long been trying to consistently potty train, it could be a sensory issue.

M&ms for pee, popsicle (or big reward) for poop. Make it a HUGE deal every time he uses the toilet. I would FaceTime my husband or my mom. Talk about what a big boy he was. Tell him how awesome and smart he was. Once he starts going by himself for like a week, slowly cut out the treats. Eventually he will go without expecting anything. Pee is usually easier than poop. For poop, you may have to make him go bottomless so he has no choice but to use the toilet

Is this your first boy? Second follows their brother. I suggest dish soap in the toilet and play bust the bubbles. Use cloth training pants in the daytime and no other clothing on bottom when possible. Needs to feel wet and have easy access to toilet

My son would go on the potty but still had accidents until we got a urinal for him. As for pooping he didn’t like the potty seats that just went on the toilet, we found one with steps and he was fine. I’d suggest finding what works because comfort is key. If it’s an issue of them using it in general take it slow. Some kids takes longer and thats ok. Also some need/do better with rewards, some need something else to pay attention too (a book, tablet if you use one, a fidget toy, whatever), some need a reminder often ect. It’s about making it an enjoyable transition in my opinion, it’s a learning thing like anything else.

Let me know when you find the secret to training boys, I’d love to teach my husband LOL :rofl:

4 Likes

Naked time! My kids were naked when we were home at the grandparents house all the time. Block off a room and have a potty there with them. Praise them when they do it make such a big deal!! Both my boys trained just before their 2nd birthday abd a couple months after two they were fully trained. Keep pull ups off them as much as possible I only put them on for going to the store a d naked as soon as we were back. Once they started getting the hang of it for a few weeks than I introduced underwear abd showed them how to pull them down to pee. Have them always pee sitting down until they are around 4 that way it’s easier and not as much mess for you to clean.

cheerios to aim at in the potty

1 Like

You didn’t say how old your son is. It varies from child to child. Some kids are ready earlier than others. I couldn’t get my son to even look at the potty without screaming until he was almost 3. It’s easiest if you can block off s room and let the child run around naked with a potty chair in the room. Tell your son when he feels like he needs to go, to sit on the potty. It’s helpful if you have some idea what time your son usually poops in the morning, you can have him sit on the potty around that time and see if you can catch him. If you do, make a huge deal of it! Then clean out the potty for the next round. If you can get your son to pee in the potty, make a huge deal of that too! Keep something available for your son to drink so he’ll have to go more often. That way you’ll be able to catch him more often. Later on, put him in training pants. Show him how to push them down so he can potty and pull them back up. Of course, if he has an accident he’ll know right away. Let that go on for awhile. Make a huge deal of it every time he uses the potty.

my son is 3 (just turned 3 end of may) and he WILL NOT go. I bought the little potty with the flusher thing, stairs to go on the bigger potty, a paw patrol padding attachment for the big potty, potty training “stickers” they aim at and pee, books, the frog urinal…. all of that and he has not taken to any of it. I reward him if he goes (which has only been pee 3/1000 times) he likes to hide when he poops and pees in his diaper, he always has, so he holds it until he can get his pamper back on and goes to hide. i’ve almost just given up because i’ve done every single thing…. i cry over it. i feel so useless. and like such a failure of a mother. im a SAHM and what am I doing staying home with him if I can’t even teach him to use the potty correctly? :pensive:

when you find the right answer… let me know please

1 Like

is there a difference in how we potty train girls and boys? it’s all the same to me, set a timer, take them for a wee… i don’t have to do the timer anymore because i remember when to take him, i take him every 45 minutes and only have accidents some days. he still wears a pull up at nighttime.

Paint a red dot on a ping pong ball, throw it in the toilet & then tell your son to sink it

l get paid over $167 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18295 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning154.pages.dev/

Work at it every day…be persistent…then one day, you’ll wake up and he goes on his own.

My friEnd has potty trained 5 boys. She told me the other day. She let them run around home naked during potty training and it worked. :woman_shrugging:
#girlmom

I let my son pee in the backyard.

Let him pee on a tree

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to potty train boys?

Throw some colored cereal in the bowl for him to aim at…

2 Likes

My sons didn’t go on the potty till he was 3.5yrs old I didn’t push him. I just one weekend let him go in big boy underwear outside while doing chores he peed him self three times. Tried it again the weekend after and he s never had an accident since. I’m on the when he’s ready he’s ready.

1 Like

Potty watch! Has a timer and lights up and plays music to get them to at least try. Every time it goes off bring them to the potty. And if you have a trying seat set it in the middle of the room where he is mostly at and have him at least try then slowly move it closer to the actual bathroom and then go from there.

Boys usually go a little later than girls. I potty trained 7. Every hour and a half, bring them to try.

1 Like

I make over $220 an hour working from home. I never thought I’d be able to do this, but my colleague makes over $17,980 a month doing it, and he convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities with this are endless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://moneyboost8.pages.dev/

I put cereal in the toilet and let him target practice

1 Like

OUTSIDE…. Peeing in the grass or on a tree is something all little boys think it so cool :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Just don’t push him. Let him do it at his own pace.

4 Likes

I have 3 kids. 2 boys, 1 girl. My youngest son actually potty trained himself at 2 years old. He wet the bed once and he didn’t like it. So with my oldest son I just had him come to the bathroom with me regardless if I was going number 1 or 2. Then it got to the point where he wanted to do it so I would sit him on the toilet until he went and I would reward him for it. I didn’t have him do the whole stand up peeing thing. That would be too tricky and quite a mess. They will figure that out when they’re older. But keep in mind, it takes longer for boys. So even if at some point you want to try under wear, you will have to wash sheets alot. Make sure you have a plastic cover for the mattress. The pull ups are great but sometimes the pee will soak through so that’s why I suggested a plastic cover for the mattress. Good luck!

Let him pee on a tree

Boys seem harder then girls. My daughter did it by herself at 18 months old. I tried at 12 months and she wasn’t ready so I didn’t push her. Would take her to the bathroom with me Everytime I went and t 18 months old she said I have to go potty went on the toilet and that was it. My son that’s another story. I tried at 12 months, 18 months 24 months etc. He finally got it about 4. He is also delayed developmentally tho. He also would not poop in the potty until he was 4.5. come to find out he was having trouble going and it hurt. Anyways he is now 10 and occasionally has night accidents but other then that he was fully potty trained at 4.5. i can’t remember 100% but I think both of them were potty trained through the night around 5 5.5? Good luck momma. Boys are stubborn.

I was taking a potty training class and it mentioned that boys should initially learn to go sitting down, with the pee pee aiming into the bowl. I don’t personally have a boy, but I imagine this would be an easier approach as a young toddler potty training.

For my daughter we did incentives of special stickers after going potty, and an occasional special activity. We did clear communication and put her in underwear so she could experience what having an accident on herself felt like. It’s been 1 week and she’s only had 2 accidents! She’s going on the potty, telling us when she needs to go and has pooped on the potty as well. I feel like if she wasn’t ready, she wouldn’t be doing so well, so definitely take your time and get him used to the process. Maybe let him have some accidents and gently explain why it happened.

Emalla Amamatuak read rumakallaquuravikkit

Good luck… my son finally had it down by 4. My daughter got it at 18 months

2 Likes

Consistency
Fruit loops targets
Rewards the first few times
But what really works, no diapers or pull ups. They’ll get tired of getting soiled

Wait until they are ready. Once my two that are trained started asking they were trained in less than 2 weeks

1 Like

We live in the woods. We taught our grandsons to pee on a tree and they thought it was fun and funny.
Cheerios to aim at in the toilet works too.

3 Likes

Personally, I think 2.5 is too early for a boy. I’d wait a year. Then they seem more mature. I wouldn’t push it. If he catches on, great and if not, wait. Start in the sitting down position first.

3 Likes

I trained my oldest son with the help of everyone in the family… they brought him with every time they went and he caught on pretty quick. Had to convince dad to sit down though to help since he had 3 older sisters :sweat_smile: I think it helped that everyone showed him it’s what we all do and he always wanted to do what his big sisters did lol.

1 Like

Give it time. He may not be ready just yet.

1 Like

Then he’s not ready. Wait

Don’t be mad at him, make him feel bad, or punish him for having an accident. Sometimes it takes awhile. Encourage him, but try not to force it.

1 Like

I have 2 boys, one almost 19 now and the other almost 17! Let them go outside or have hubby help them! Both my boys learned by 1!

2 Likes

Try buying him big boy undies. Tell him he can be like daddy now n use the big boy potty. It worked for my son.good luck

l Get paid over $118 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18229 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort692.pages.dev/

I had all 4 boys out if daytime diapers by 2.5. I used naked potty training I set a timer and used incentives. ( treats and small prizes). Sitting on the potty I had them lean and tuck ( lean forward and tuck their penis down ) If we had to wear pants I used loose shorts or pants and no undies for the first weeks so it’s easier to get them down. Mine took a bit longer for night time control but daytime 2 or 2.5 we made a huge deal about not wearing baby diapers

Wait until he decides he wants to go . Most boys are 3 . Don’t stress yourself out about it . He will
Go when he is ready .

Let him pee outside! I couldn’t get my son to use the toilet, even though he showed every sign of being ready. We let him pee off the porch in the back yard and was potty trained in no time! Pooing was still an issue. He would hide under the table. I took him out and let him pick out “big boy undies” with his favorite characters on them. When he pooed in them, we made him throw them in the trash. He was not happy about that and started using the potty.

Start with letting him pee outside on trees lol I’m dead serious too. My son loved peeing outside. But 2.5 is a little early so give him time don’t force it.

There is so much that goes into using the potty. He has to learn the sensation. Learn to control it, learn muscle control. First thing is throw away the pull up except for bed and travel. Buy him Paw Patrol underwear,. Letting him pee down his leg a few times is the quickest way to make him aware of the muscles he needs to control. Be patient. He doesn’t want to disappoint you. Also throwing a few fruit loops in the bowl will improve his aim, once he starts standing to pee. Good luck.

He is not ready. If you put him of big toilet he maybe scared cause his feet do not touch the floor. Never punish. Do pee/poo dance and sing. When they do go praise, clap, jump up and down. If they do not go tell them so sad next time. Let him watch Dad. We were lucky with our Autisic nephew we lived on a farm no close neigbours so we did let him go outside. Only thing is he is now 21 still live in farm, still pees outside if he is outside. It took him until 7 yrs old. Now my 22 year old I still do the dancing, singing she goes when she wants to. You have to make it FUN. It is scary for them. Or they can always feel their body. My mom pull Cheeros in toilet for targets for my brothers. Is a little messy. When every camping my husband use to line up the boy and have peeing contest. Does not work for girls, their hardest problem was peeing on their feet. That was like 40 years ago. But it worked the younger ones, they would like to be like older ones. Make it FUN for your child. Without making a mess for you. Girls are harder. I had 5 girls 1 boy. 17 nephews, 4 nieces. Relax why are you doing this for you or does he want to go. If it is for you??? When any child is ready Time toilet, books on tricks, rewards, songs, dancing, singing, watches with timer, seating on toilet practicing pooping, youTube. Your child does not sound ready( body or mentally). Expose let him take the lead.

In my opinion it’s true what they say about potty training. My son was so much more harder to train than my daughter. But I did the cheerios, and the food coloring thing and having him sit down when he’s first learning

I trained my son with toys. We got small hot wheels and put them out for him to see. And had one of those portable potties. And told him if he pees in it he gets the toy. He caught on pretty quick. And then we bought a bigger car for poop in the potty.

Trying right before bath time helped for my guy, or any time the diaper came right off, I asked if he wanted to use the potty and not always but sometimes he’d say yes and usually pee. But he was a pee as soon as the diaper came off kinda baby though, so I just followed that que into the toddler stage lol you’ll find what works when he’s ready!

I potty trained my son a 2.5 years old. I was fortunate enough to be a SAHM at the time. When he got up in the morning, he took a bath and I put underwear on him along with a long tshirt. It was November, so a little chilly here, otherwise he would’ve just been in underwear. I set a timer for 20 minutes, and every 20 minutes when the timer went off I’d say, it’s time to try on the potty. When he tried, he’d get a sticker. When he went, he picked out a sticker and got to pick a snack out of the prize bowl (fruit snacks, fun size m&m’s, lollipops, etc.) If he had an accident, we didn’t make a big deal out of it, we just cleaned it up together. Once he recognized the feeling of having to go, it was smooth sailing. As far as peeing goes, he sat on the toilet and aimed it down. It took 3 days before wet accidents stopped (while he was awake). Pooping on the other hand took a few days longer. He’d hold it until he couldn’t anymore. Luckily, he didn’t like the feeling of having an accident, so he’d tell me immediately. We cleaned it up together and talk about going on the potty next time. He was fully trained (during the day) in less than 2 weeks. At night, I’d put a diaper on him after he went on the potty just before bed. He wore one until he consecutively woke up dry for a week. He still had accidents, but that’s bound to happen.

Try to get him so sink cheerios in the potty. Lol

get him a potty seat to put on the adult toilet. the little plastic ones are useless. buy a box of cheerios to sprinkle in the toilet for him to aim at if he’s only going to pee. take him to potty every 30 minutes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to potty train boys?

I took my nephew riding all day for three days and we would stop every hour and after the second day he was telling me he needed to pee pee!!

1 Like

We played sink the cheerios or fruit loops. My parents did this as well when i was growing up.

3 Likes

Like Zach Rookie Estes said make a game out of it…

1 Like

I told my son to go outside and water the trees.

1 Like

I have 3 boys and all of them were different in learning to use the potty. Number 1 learned by reward, number 2 just did it when we said no more pull ups and number 3 learned by just being naked most of the day and LOTS of cleanup on my part…but he learned rather quickly after that.

Try floating a Cheerio in his potty for him to aim at. Have him see how many times he can hit the Cheerio. Fruit Loops work too.

2 Likes

Someone said put some cheerios in toilet bowl get him to aim at them…

I did the 3 day method: 1st day is naked, confined to one room, and access to restroom; 2nd day is shirt and underwear only, confined to one room, and access to restroom; 3rd day was fully clothed and went to daycare where he came home dry. He learned to sit to pee and when outside he stands to pee. I also avoided the small potty chair cause I wasn’t about to retrain him to them regular toilet. We had 2 minor accidents the 1st day but he learned the feeling of needed to go. He was 3.5 when he learned, idk if that makes a difference

2 Likes

It’s just what boys do. Men too! I promise you momma they will learn. Patience and reverse psychology worked for me!

Get a potty chair that attaches to the toilet and sit him backwards on it.

1 Like

You can put a couple of cheerios in the toliet bowl just before he pees. He has to try and hit the cheerios. But it seems to be a guy thing, I know a few grown ups that cant hit the hole either.

1 Like

Cheerios in the big potty. Throw a few in there target practice

My oldest boy would go through the house past the bathroom and outside to the tree. Mom that’s where the dog goes. I don’t remember what we did at night so long ago.