How to potty train girls?

Always let her wear her big girl undies explain to her she needs to wee wee in her potty when she has those on , eventually she will get the hang of it

I got this book on amazon and i read it and had my daughter potty trained in 3 days!

My method for both my boys and my girl was to make it a big deal day of and take away all diapers… I give it a couple days and see how they are doing. If they are distressed about it, I put diapers back on them and try again in a few months.

My method for both my boys and my girl was to make it a big deal day of and take away all diapers… I give it a couple days and see how they are doing. If they are distressed about it, I put diapers back on them and try again in a few months.

I bought fancy panties, she needed to be potty trained to wear them.

I bought my daughter underwear, got rid of all diapers one box of pull-ups for car rides and just let her run around naked half the time and took her to show her the potty atleast every half hour. It didn’t take too long.

1 Like

I sat it in front of the TV and let her run round naked til she got the feeling of when she’s gota go down.

The little potty didn’t work with my girl. I got the seat that goes on big potty. I let her pick out her own panties at store and she wore those during the day. We set a timer for every 30 min and sat on the potty. When she went we made a big deal and got a reward. We did m&ms. Took 3 days but finally she got the peeing down pat. Pooping is still a challenge I just pay extra attention to her around lunch. Which is normally when she goes. First day we had 0 accidents we went out for ice cream. 2nd day with 0 accidents we went and picked out a toy. We are currently on day 5 no accidents :blush:

3 Likes

I did the run around naked on 4 out of my 5 girls sat a timer for every 5-10 min n they sat for 5-10 min and kept it going until she got it

I used m&ms with my daughter. she took me potty every 2 minutes I had to encourage her to wait a little lol.

3 Likes

It’s going to take several days. Keep her with you in the kitchen or other room without carpet. Keep her something to drink with you. Let her wear training pants instead of a diaper or pull up. Let her sit on the potty every hour or couple of hours. If she has an accident in the training pants, she’ll know right away and won’t like it. If she does, say “Oops potty!” And have her sit on the potty while you exchange the wet pants for dry ones and wash her up. She’ll soon catch on. The poop takes a little longer, but it works basically the same way.

My first girl I offered her big girl panties when she went on the potty all the time and that was it for her. My second is three now she really did better in daycare learning. At home she’s just to comfortable and has a baby sister in diapers. I tried everything with her. At day care I think it was a peer thing. All the kids did so she did. At home I would sit her on the toilet and she wouldn’t go then 10 min later pee on the kitchen floor (we were trying training panties). We tried offering big girl panties, frequent potty time, stickers, high fives helped some but not consistently. She started making it to the potty 1/3 times. Finally I realized cause of something she said she just wanted me to change her diaper like I do for little sister. She’s caught in a I wanna be like big sister but I want doted on like little sister stage. This may sound mean but I litterally told her she was a big girl and she would be changing her own diapers. And she started immediately going to the potty consistently. She’s still learning to read her body so there are a few accidents where she just doesn’t quite make it to the potty. I just try to ask her a lot if I know she hasn’t gone. Not sure if any of this is helpful but really I think each kid is different. So you gotta keep look for their thing. My first was 4. Which also made a difference. In daycare they have to start training at 2 and by 3 they have to be potty trained. Which she did great there just struggled at home. Which they told me was normal cause of the peer thing and comfort of home.

1 Like

Turn her atlround have her color seat with washable marker… have her watch you pee. You get a peace of candy when you pp and wash ur hands :raised_hand:

Peice** thanks auto correct lol

1 Like

I’m going through the same thing with my daughter. She loves to sit on the potty. But I can’t yet even get her to go potty on it. I’ve tried rewarding with money, stickers, treats. But nothing is working lol

Try a seat on the big toilet. Get some little prizes for when she pees and a bigger prize for poops its just constant repetition and encouraging. Put her in panties she won’t like the feeling of getting her undies wet compared to a diaper or pull up. A few times of peeing her pants will have her going potty in no time. I would still do at least a pull up at night just in case.

3 Likes

It’s gonna be random. Today she might go once. Tomorrow not at all. The next day maybe she will go 3 times. It’s all progress though. You have to encourage it… ask her frequently and set up a reward system to encourage her.

When I was potty training my girls, I let them pick their potty chair, and their big girl undies. Then they sat, naked on the potty, in the living room, watching their favorite shows. They would pee without even realizing it, be shocked and then we would dance and clap and have a little party. They liked it, so I kept doing it.

2 Likes

We always rewarded with m&ms and a good job song. If they had an accident talk about how gucky it is and that they want to be a big girl. Then once they get it down a couple times give her big girl panties and make the biggest deal about it ever. Tell her how proud you are and that you really want her to keep her big girl panties pretty. If she has an accident in them tell her it’s ok accidents happen. Then do it all over again

1 Like

Keep giving her liquids, if she has accidents reassure it it’s okay and next time we go pee on the potty. Use the toilet when she does as well, make it seem like you wanna go too. Count to 20 and sing the ABCs or a song. They won’t want to sit on for more than 2-3mins and that’s okay too. Don’t force it, they will hate it. My son is almost 3 and this was our 3rd time trying from taking breaks and we dealt with accidents, not wanting to go, tantrums and he’s finally getting it now and loves it. I personally didn’t do a reward each time, just made a big deal about it.

1 Like

In my experience, it’s easier to potty train girls vs boys. I made a potty chart with stickers and a prize box for my kids. Worked like a charm. So, use pull ups during the day and every 2 hours at least suggest she sits on the potty. If she goes, she gets to put a sticker on her chart. Once she gets 5 or so stickers, then she gets to pick a prize out of the prize box. I filled mine with candy and tiny toys from the dollar store. The reward system gives them that instant gratification for doing what they’re suppose to do and also gives them the added goal to work towards so they can pick a prize once they reach it.

Give her time. Don’t create anxiety by hovering.

As a former daycare teacher that has helped potty train many kids, it’s not much different teaching boys or girls to potty. Take them once an hour to try. If they go, make a huge deal with lots of praise. If they don’t go, try again every 15 minutes till they do go.

It took my daughter a little longer when sitting on potty to pee at first she’s 3 and has been trained for a few months now we got tired of pull ups so we just took them one day and put her in underwear

2 Likes

It took until sometime after my child turned 3 to potty train her and at first we just kept putting her on the potty even in front of the TV so that she’d sit on it for a while to possibly potty and sometimes dada would play with her on the potty. After a while she was going potty constantly but only to pee. To get her to poop we had to stop allowing her to use pull ups during the day and now she pees and poops in her potty. And now we keep it in her bathroom. And for whatever reason she always asks permission to go potty when I tell her that she only has to ask when she starts school

According to doctors you can’t push it it’s something that will come naturally my daughter wasn’t potty trained till she was almost 4 years old I did try and try she didn’t want no part of it one day she just went on her own been doing it every since she is 8 now but I would say let her go to store get what panties she wants and rewards everytime she goes all kids are different you got this mama…

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to potty train girls? - Mamas Uncut

Wait. She’s only 18 months. My doc said that’s the absolute earliest to try.

1 Like

If she’s not ready, then don’t push it. Wait until she’s showing signs of readiness. otherwise it’ll be pointless.

4 Likes

Rewards are great. 18 months great age to start and girls are easier than boys!!

No undies, put her in a long shirt no diaper no underwear ask her if she has to go potty often. If she pees on the floor have her help you clean it up. Don’t start this tho till she shows signs of interest in going potty on a potty chair tho. You can actually regress a child if you start to early. We also let her color on the back of the toilet with dry erase markers.

1 Like

I made a sticker chart for my daughter. Everyday she made it without an accident she could put a sticker on the calendar, after 5 days of being accident free she got to go to the store and get a doll. However she was 2 and a half.

1 Like

18 months is still super young… we tried at 18 and my daughter wasn’t ready. She’s gonna be 2 in a month and I’m gonna start trying again and hope she’s not still scared of the potty.

When I worked in a day care we always said don’t use pull ups just buy plenty of underwear. They don’t like walking around in wet underwear. They do have padded underwear if you are worried about it leaking all over. Just have lots of changes of clothes ready. It rarely took more than two weeks. But you have to patient and not scold if they wet their pants just reward when they don’t. A reward can be simple as great job. I’m proud of you. Don’t ever make them walk around in the wet pants change as soon as they go

Make it a big deal when she does her business stay with her as much as possible and use a potty chair that fits on toilet that how I did it reith my daughter eighteen months and potty trained oh and not a lot of liquid before bed time and I started letting her sleep in a regular bed so she could wake me if she had to go in the middle of the night good luck

Just wait… my youngest is almost 2 and I have no intentions on starting with her any time soon… I’ve potty trained 2 kids already and after my last one, I’m not doing that again. My son potty trained sooo easily…he was fully potty trained before he could talk. Even at night. My daughter who was talking sentences at 18 months, was not. She wasn’t fully trained til she was almost 4 and I started her the same age as him and the exact same way as him. I pushed her too hard before she was ready and it backfired on me. So I’m not doing that with my youngest. She can let me know when she’s ready and if that’s not til she’s 3 or so then so be it. But I refuse to stress myself trying to potty train another kid lol. There’s no rush, my advice is to just wait. She’s still a baby.

My daughters doctor said not to start until she doesn’t pee through the night. She’s 20 months now

1 Like

The 3 day potty training method. We started when she was 2 and a half as was aware when she peed or pooed

I take my 20m old in there with me. 9x/10 she’s willing to sit on the potty. Even if she’s still in her diaper, encourage it!

My girl actually learned from other children. My babysitters child was a month older than mine and was potty training and my daughter showed intrest so we just did it and she did well i think they were closer to 24months. We did not use pullups as they wick the moisture from the skin and keep things comfortable. We used training undies or just regular undies. Also when she went potty she got an M&M.

I trained my 18 month old daughter and my 3 year old boy together. We had an instant reward after a sticker for #1 and #2 3 stickers… when you get 5 stickers we had a prize box they can choose a prize a match box car, gummies, little like Polly pockets ECT. It worked for my kids. But this was a long time ago.

1 Like

When she’s ready she’ll let you know

3 Likes

My daughter wasn’t ready at 18 months. I’m glad I waited until she was ready because she trained in a day(minus that we’re still working on poop some). She just turned 3.

make it fun. When we went through that phase we started with pull ups and gradually went to panties that she picked and she didn’t wanna pee on dora so she would go to the bathroom lol.

1 Like

It’s the one thing they can control. It will happen when they are ready.

1 Like

I have my 14mth old in panties and taking her to her potty every 30 minutes. She goes to her potty when she has to pee. Yes we have had accidents but I’m just letting her know where to go when she has to go. She’s learning. I’ve never forced the potty on my kids. Introduce it to her if she takes she will do fine. I had my oldest trained at 18mths but my 2nd didn’t want to have anything to do with a potty until almost 3.

I always waited until my daughter was ready like til the age of 2

18 months seems young but… Don’t use pull-ups. Makes them think they can still pee in their pants. Go from diapers to underwear and have her sit on the potty every 2 hours. If she pees in the potty reward with stickers (no candy). If she has an accident it‘ll be uncomfortable but that’s the only way they‘ll learn. :woozy_face: had mine trained within 2 days but I waited until there were signs of readiness

1 Like

Read this first. This book helped me and many of my friends.

My kids were both toilet trained before 2…
At 18 months I started introducing the potty and made it fun, watched lots of cartoon potty videos, encouraging them to sit on it and yeah, lots of rewards :slightly_smiling_face:
Totally possible

Try the 3 day method along with the “ potty watch” everyone says it great.

The only advice I can give. Let them train themselves. I never potty trained my kids. They did it when it they was ready. It was so easy.

6 Likes

Number one would be don’t force her to do it make it something fun.
Are used to take food coloring to the bathroom with me without them seeing and when I would hear them pay or they would say they paid I would lean them forward and say let me see… then if I saw P or thought they were telling the truth about paying I would drop a couple drops of food coloring in the toilet to make it magical. 

She is way too young now. She just might surprise you

1 Like

I’d personally wait another year, unless she’s pulling her nappies off. 18 months is quite young.

2 Likes

I tried my stubborn little girl at 19-20 months and it was so stressful for her, she wasn’t ready and after a good first day she then became scared of using the potty.

Tried again when she was 25 months and omg, the difference! Straight from day 1 she just knew what to do. I haven’t ‘trained’ her, she’s done it herself! We use stickers as positive reinforcement (doesn’t work for every child but it does for her) and out of 75 successful wees and poos on the potty we have only had 1.5 accidents (the 0.5 was when she started weeing and then realised and stopped herself so she could go and do it in the potty).

For your own sanity and the sanity of your little one I would just wait for them to be ready! No need to rush it, they’re only little for so long :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I used rewards. She got a couple candies each time. First just for sitting on the potty. Then only when she would pee on the potty. Etc.

I just let mine have accidents and they hated it lol Potty training for all 3 of mine was a breeze. I absolutely know that is NOT how it goes for everyone. Just try letting them soil. It was really hard and I hated giving baths 3 times a day but it worked pretty fast. Maybe a week or so.

Send her off to hang out with a girl who’s already potty trained and the same age. Let it be a long weekend sleep over or something without you there.

I put a potty chair in the bathroom. Everytime I had to go, I’d announce, “let’s go pee pee.” . and I’d set her on her potty, and I’d just go about my business. Sometimes she went, and I made a big deal out of it. Prompting her to be excited to potty…
#2 took longer. But, same process.

2 Likes

My daughter was fully potty trained at 14 months n stubborn but she was ready

5 out of my 6 children were all fully toilet trained by 2 years old. I started them from about 16 months. I used to sit them on a potty with a few books and they would sit there and look at books. Sometimes I’d read to them other times they were content to sit and look at them on their own. They would sit up to 30 minutes sometimes, other times 5 minutes. I never pushed the issue. When the day came that they did a number 1 or 2 I would praise them up, there was accidents here and there but they worked it out very quick. I would try them every half hour /hourly to start and keep it consistent. Sometimes I’d walk in and they had taken their trainer knickers/ jocks off and put themselves on Potty. My son when he started he would go outside to squirt the ants lol. Some will start earlier than others, stick to it, when they are ready they will.

1 Like

You train yourself to be on a schedule at first every 20-30 minutes this trains you to be more attentive to her signals while teaching her that the potty is the acceptable place to make’ deposits’.
If she is not quite ready your training period could be much longer than if she is.
Does she let you know when she’s uncomfortable being wet or dirty? If so she may be ready to start potty training.

You train yourself to be on a schedule at first every 20-30 minutes this trains you to be more attentive to her signals while teaching her that the potty is the acceptable place to make’ deposits’.
If she is not quite ready your training period could be much longer than if she is.
Does she let you know when she’s uncomfortable being wet or dirty? If so she may be ready to start potty training.

I waited until 2-2 and half before I started so she had an idea of the concept and once I started I didn’t stop until she got it. If they have a quarter to a half a cup of anything then it’s every 10 mins you bring them to the toilet or just about 20 mins after they drink bring them to toilet. Both my girls took 2 wks :slightly_smiling_face: good luck and don’t give in. Wait abit longer to start tho, just slightly too young, you got this

I wouldn’t be in any big hurry. 18 months is pretty young. If you try to force her now, she’ll just balk and hate the toilet or potty chair. I tried to start too young with my kids. It was awful. They rebelled big time. I didn’t get them trained till they were almost 3. Just take your time. I know diapers and pull-ups are expensive, but there are some things you just can’t rush.

2 Likes

I find they pretty much train themselves when they are ready! They will let you know. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Every child is different…but trying to train a child who is not ready is not only frustrating for you but can set them back from trying when they are ready.
When they start keeping themselves dry for a while is the time to start introducing the idea of going to potty
Some children train from very young , some not till their 3 yo…mine pretty much trained themselves tbh. I see no point in running back and forward every 20 minutes or after every drink . Pull ups or training pants worked well for me as did sitting a potty outside and letting them empty it down a drain…they were fascinated :woman_shrugging:.

My daughter is 1 week from turning 3. She just started using potty 4-5 weeks ago. She would scream everytime we tried so I never forced her. Then one day she woke up and said she wanted panties. :woman_shrugging: her pediatrician said it’s normally between ages 2-3 that they start and never force them. It can set them back.

You start them when they’re interested and ready.

2 Likes

18 months is way to young… can she stay dry for a few hours, stay dry at nap, can she Express she needs to go, can she take bottoms and pullup or underwear off by herself? These are signs THEY are ready. It’s not when you want. It’s when they Can and want to.

3 Likes

The only advice I have is if they aren’t into it after a while take a break from it and go back at training again after a bit more time passes. My daughter was potty trained so quickly and then my son was a whole different story lol. He ended up back in diapers for a while but, when he was ready it went super easily. Don’t try to force it if she’s not into it because it will just be frustrating and turn into a negative experience for her. I feel like they will absolutely do it when they are ready. Good luck! :grin:

This is less about you being ready for it than it being about when she’s ready.

When my girls were small, I’d have their potty chair next to the toilet. When I went, they’d follow. Eventually, they imitate. From them on it’s just repetitive… and don’t shame. Praise like she’s just been elected President every time she is successful tho!

I was also completely against pull-ups with mine. It was messier, but they know they’re wet with underwear a lot easier.

18 months is too young. I doubt she is ready. Give her time and don’t worry about it

2 Likes

Took me 4 years to get my girl to poop in the toilet, she just wanted diapers :expressionless::expressionless:

Wait for her to be ready and to lead the way. It will save you so much frustration.

1 Like

I thought babies weren’t ready until like 2.5-3yrs old. When they were ready it’s a lot easier.

2 Likes

i couldn’t believe that i would ever be reunite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Laba after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the love spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 24hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that she will never leave me again,1months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Laba on his Facebook page :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Dr Laba spell home

My daughter was the same. We were on and off for a year. Until a couple of weeks ago she finally got it down. She just turned 3 in February.
It’s okay, take your time and don’t rush. No matter what I rewarded her with, it wasn’t until she was ready and she wanted to lol

Just start, don’t worry about a big plan, just start. Take her potty whenever you think about it, praise when she goes (chocolate chip is my preferred reward), tell her it’s ok when she Dosent or when the pull-up is wet. Make a big deal about progress. You can start them off early, so when you think they (and you!) are ready to take the leap and be done, the foundation is there.

I started with my oldest when he was about 14 months just taking him frequently, then when he was closer to 2 we just swapped to undies and he knew what to do. My youngest is much more… stubborn, and wild… I’ve backed off a bit but still take him frequently, praise when he goes, talk about not getting his pull-up wet, etc.

I have potty trained 5 kids. I thought my last son was never going to go… then at 4 he just started going to the potty one weekend :woman_shrugging: Let her take her time, she’ll go when she’s ready.

1 Like

Wait until she is fully ready and older. My oldest showed intrestes around this age but thats all it was and very short lived, by 3 she was fully potty trained and it was much easier and less frustration.

3 Likes

both of my kids were potty trained by 2 yrs old, I first started with training pants when they were about a month or so away from their second birthday. If they did that well , then we tried a all nighter, The best thing was back than , was we had no AC so if they peed in the training pants they were still dry the next morning, Little steps at a time, then move to the next. Saw no difference training my daughter or my son, ( But the training pants back in the 70’s were really just very thick cotton underwear with rubber pants attached)

1 Like

I put my daughter’s potty seat in front of tv when her favorite show is on and let her sit on it naked. Her body relaxes and it just happens.
DO NOT use pull ups. Go straight to underwear. Pull ups just feel like diapers so they’ll pee in them.
Discipline and reward.

1 Like

When she’s interested and ready. Before then, you’ll stress her and yourself out.

1 Like

First off all don’t let people tell you she’s too young… My daughter was very interested in the toilet so we got her a little potty chair that actually looks like a toilet and makes sounds when you flush it. She’s 4yrs old now and potty trained during the day but she still has accidents at night :woman_shrugging:t2:

I basically make about $12,000-$14,000 a month 0nline. It’s enough to comfortably replace my old j0bs inc0me, especially considering I only w0rk about 10-13 hours a week from home. I was amazed how easy it was after I tried it.

HERE→ https://cashtoday28.pages.dev/

My sitter with years of experience says that they’re best potty trained at 2 years and 2 months. If she’s not ready, don’t push it. My very bright and advanced girl was three before she got it.

I started when mine were two but everyone is different

l get paid over $ 186 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 16736 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://EasyJob41.pages.dev/

i couldn’t believe that i would ever be reunite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Laba after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the love spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 24hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that she will never leave me again,1months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Laba on his Facebook page :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Just before bath time I use to put my little girl on the potty and I said if you need to go you can if not that’s okay we will just have a bath and one night she actually went and we progressed from there

Get her a potty seat that goes on the big potty turn her around backwards on it an get dry erase/washable markers and let her color on the potty when she goes. Then get a cheap pack of her favorite character stickers and let her stick them on a designated area every time she actually pottys. That’s what we’re doing with my 3 year old niece. With my 2 year old son we just bought him a baby shark potty seat for the big potty (his absolute favorite thing right now) and give him a snack (chips or candy or ice cream something like that) and he picked it up quick he tells us now he’s gotta potty. Also ask her every 30 minutes to an hour if she has to potty.

That is very young. Emotionally not ready. I don’t think rushing it will make it work. Try again in 6 months.

1 Like

U wait til they r ready.

Wait. Time her to see a pattern. If it’s not a regular then wait till she is ready
Winter is easier. House bound

Every child is different but I tried potty training my oldest daughter at 18 months and it completely backfired all it did was stress both of us out so I’d suggest waiting until she’s 2

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to potty train girls?

Following I need help too

I just took my daughter every 15 to 20 minutes and sat her on the potty. If she peed or pooped she gotta a sticker or fruit loop lol she loved those. Just stay consistent with it. Also, I put her in panties while doing it instead of a diaper.

5 Likes

No diapers or pull ups a few accidents and they’re over it (usually) I also used dum dum suckers and rewarded my granddaughter.

1 Like