How to potty train girls?

I was a single mother thru this stage. He would get 4 m&m’s when he pooped. And I would put Cheerios in the toilet just a few, and he would try to shot them with his pee. Don’t laugh it worked was potty trained before 2

Some men sit to do either especially as they get older. Guess there is enough info for you here. I had to train a 4 yr old, but mostly to hit the toilet and not the floor!

I did daycare for 35 years, and I always sat them backwards on the toilet. Both boys and girls. That way they could grab onto the back of the toilet, and not have to be afraid of falling in.

Let him get used to the potty by sitting, until he gets the idea. Praise, when he does. Show him “big boy” underwear.

I had my son sit backwards on the toilet at first to pee . His father told him to pee out side by the tree but one time when I was babysitting some kid’s from down the street he pooped under the tree which upset all the girls lol :laughing:

My neighbor showed my to sit him on the toilet facing the back. It worked then we proceeded to a standing on a stool then a brick then he was old enough I should say tall enough not to get squished if the seat fell down

Our two boys took four years to be potty trained. Our daughter took two. Dont be in a hurry. We also tried the idea of taking the plastic potty in the living room. That did not work.

I had a boy and a girl but no
potties. A child’s toilet seat and a step is enough. Spend a day taking them until they have got it. Potties in my opinion hinder the process

My son learned how to pee in a tree first

I used cloth diapers to help my son know when he was wet. I also let him go naked.

1 Like

Sitting is actually a better way for boys and men to pee anyway. It helps the bladder totally empty

5 boys. Played shoot the Cheerios. Taught them how to aim. Very important.

I potty trained 3 lads and I started with sitting them on the potty or it just confuses them hope this helps

Taught my brothers to aim at 2 or 3 cherrios in the toilet. And if need to poop aim it in

You don’t say how old he is. Boys usually aren’t ready til age three. Give him a pair of big boy underpants and let him pee outside since it’s summer. Under the foreskin needs to be cleaned with bathing ( if it’s retractable), but not necessary after each pee. Put a potty chair out for number 2 and hope for the best. Our kids liked to announce what number the poop was shaped, like on Sesame Street. Whatever works.

If you teach him to stand, use a cheerio. He has to hit it to pass.

If you have a back yard, have him water the plants…

I once read it is better for men to sit (when possible) even for urinating, less strain on the prostate and bladder.

The best thing is NOT to use diapers or pull-ups. This is confusing. I also had those super thick training pants one a larger size and rubber pants . This was for night

I would teach him to sit down period if you don’t want to spend the next 16 years cleaning pee off the floor.

I put Cheerios in the toilet and told him to aim at them.

I put my boys backwards on the big potty. We had a bigger area to cover and very few accidents and it’s easier for them to sit first

Throw some cherrios in the toilet bowl and have your try to oee on them.

Sit at first. Otherwise no different to train All about schedule.

Sit first. They eventually get the hang of it. Maybe discuss with his doctor.

With my boys I had them facing the tank and gave them matchbox cars to play with to distract them and it was easy

Show me the post for how to train a girl

They have really cool urinals that will stick to a shower wall. No fuss. No muss. Chk Amazon

Put Cheerios in the toilet and tell him to try to hit them

1 Like

Use to sale paper rings to get boys to try to per on

Fruit loops in his potty tell him to sink the fruit loops

I taught my son to sit 1st, as a single mom :wink:

Put fruit loops in the toilet and let him aim and sink them

1 Like

I put Cheerios I the toilet for him to aim at…made pottying fun.

1 Like

Following :sweat_smile: my son can pee in the potty but pooping is a whole other story

Wait til he’s 3. Give him underwear. Say don’t pee in it. Done.

1 Like

Sit first then when he can reach teach standing

We had a nephew that they could not potty train. He followed our son everywhere when they visited. I let him follow our son to bathroom one day and watched as he started to sit on the pot. My son said big boys stand up and proceeded to show him how. So our nephew followed him and no more problems as he reminded people me big boy now. We ended up training 2 other little boys that year and i have to say my son did the training and no sitting down to pee. We found out having another little older boy around worked great. Does he have a friend.

2 Likes

Put a target in the potty have him aim one treat for every bullseye

1 Like

My son sat until he was big enough to stand

Sit first then when he gets older stand

Teach him to sit first.

Put Cheerios in the toilet to aim at

Table tennis ball smiley face drawn on it in the toilet

Make him clean up his :poop:. Let him see you dump it in the toilet. Use the toilet with him sitting on his little pot. Have a man teach him how to stand up to pee.

I sat him on his potty chair that had a shield in the front and started them with that. Then when they got used to that I started using a coffee can for them to learn to stand-they liked the noise of the pee hitting the can. The coffee can was great to because we would keep one in the car with the cover so we could just do a pit stop without having to find a bathroom. When we got home we’d dump it and rinse it out.

2 Likes

Teach him on the toilet fine take him to potty every hour.

Denise Bauer maybe Allyssa could pick up some tips from this post?

1 Like

With boys put some cheerios in the toilet. Make a game of trying to pee on them.

Sit yourself on the toilet and sit the girl in front of you.

Cheerios help make it a game!

Cheerios, put them in the toilet and have the boys aim for them.

Cheerios… play the aim game

Never had a problem after I got something like this. Boys love to climb :grin:
When he gets tall enough, he’ll stand.

1 Like

My son sat first. I used a potty ring for the actual toilet not a potty chair. He was scared of how big the actual toilet seat was and the potty ring worked great and was less clean up for me as opposed to a completely different potty I had to empty. Struggled pretty bad with going #2. He would do it in his underwear and not even care. Boys are gross lol. Started a rewards thing where he would get 5 m&ms when he pooped in the big potty. Few weeks of that and he was good to go

Sit first :joy: I made that mistake of showing my son to stand at his small potty and pee was everywhere :joy: when he’s taller and a little older teach him to stand.

Well, when they are old enough to potty train…for real…then go to real underwear. No more diapers or pullups…underwear. Let them pick them out. No shaming for mistakes. Just no comment at all. Take them to the potty every 2 hours. Set them on the potty and tell them to “try”. Every successful pea or poop…and make a big deal…hugs, whoops, good boy!!! Tell him how proud you are of him and what a big boy he is. Keep it up. Be kind. You can do this. Standing to pea comes later.

Take them off pampers and constantly ask if they have to use the bathroom… worked for me amd my 2 youngest… my oldest just magically started using the bathroom once his sister was born… he said he need to be a big boy now…

I personally used Fruit Loops and Cheerios with my son, and just told him to aim for the hole​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::joy::joy::joy:

Sit him way back on the toilet. Put Cheerios in the water and have him aim for the Cheerios.

For pee we use the game. Hit the Cheerios and drown them.

Throw Cheerios in the toilet and tell him to sink those boats

Throw some Cheerios in the toilet. Aim and shoot.

How I got my lover back into my life I want to thank herbalist_uwawal who help me get my ex lover back under 24hours , herbalist_uwawal is one of the best spell caster in the world and he is trustful and a man of humility and harmony he can also help you with which ever problem you are facing dm on is fB page @below

Teach them to si. Sitt

My son was to nervous to stand up and pee so he would sit down but he was afraid he would pee out of the toilet and didnt like to hold his pee pee down so he would place both hands on the ground while sitting on the potty to pee.:sweat_smile: He eventually became comfortable enough to stand and pee but I let him do what felt comfortable. But if your going to try standing to pee I would suggest putting a few cheerios in the potty and tell him to try and pee on them.

My cousins had her sons climb on like it was a horse, so they sit facing the wall, they can hold the tank and helps with the angle of the stream and made it more fun….she said.

Cheerios or gold fish .

1 Like

Have him pee on fruit loops in the toilet and when he does go potty in the toilet, give him an m and m candy to encourage him

1 Like

My mom had grandpa show my little brother how to pee standing up. But this was after he was sit down potty trained.

The plastic rings from the stacking toy, they are too large to plug up the toilet and they learn to not pee all over the outside of the bowl.

I let my son run naked for a weekend and then boom he was doing it!!! It took him a minute to go number 2 but now he is doing it all!!! My suggestion is let him run naked and he will eventually figure it out :blush:

I always threw some fruit loops in the toilet and told him to hit em

1 Like

I’m in the same situation with my 2 year old boy he cones to the bathroom with literally everybody so je sees who’s doing what we also got him a potty but he’s having none of it at the moment he won’t even sit on it with his clothes on :rofl::rofl: this is not going to be a bit easy where as my daughter was trained in 2 days day and night :rofl::rofl:

Throw some some Cheerios in the toilet and tell him to aim at it let him walk around in his underwear and get them sensation of what when he wets himself or take him outside and let him pee on a couple ant hills and tell him to hurry hurry kill it that’s what my dad told me at least

I taught them to sit first and make sure they point it down gently too hard and they will struggle to pee properly and then when tall enough to stand u get him to stand close to the bowl and point it down to where his stream hits the water, they get the hang of it you just have to be persistent and it takes time
My boys luckily only took a week or less n then we had to prepare for night time with no nappy that’s the sucky part but have a protector on their bed and plenty of sheets handy and even some training mats (not sure what they call them but they call them a sleep ezy Mat in my business) but keep these handy and the nights will be easier
Good luck mumma
Just be warned they do get random streams that will shoot off just get them to aim best they can or stop if u can get them too and try again haha :joy:

Single mom here. Mine still sit to pee when they’re tired :woman_shrugging:t2: 10 and 12 years old, they don’t care.
For standing and peeing, put Cheerios in the toilet and tell em to hit the Cheerios, worked like a charm.
Don’t wanna use Cheerios? I bought them a motion light that put a target in the toilet, that also worked

I put Cheerios in potty and they aimed / put potty in front of tv , had potty schedule but the thing that finally worked was sweat pants no undies or diaper . They hated feeling and. Just started going on their own

1 Like

Definitely start with sitting down and teaching him to point it down so he doesn’t pee all over the bathroom. Once he has been fully potty trained for a bit, then work on standing up and how to aim.

I thought mine sitting once he got the hang of that he went to dads for a weekend came back standing

Sitting until he’s bigger!!!

Sit them on the toilet first and teach them to point it down to keep it in toilet, then once they are about 3 or 4 start teaching standing up, I use orange toilet cleaner, squirt a bit in and make it look like flames and tell them they need to pee on it to put the fire out (my kids knew it wasn’t real fire and knew they wouldn’t get hurt) my boys learned really quickly with this and it made potty training fun. My girls were really easy and quick they didn’t like the potty or nappies and started using the big toilet really early (mum of 7, 2 girls & 5 boys)

There is really no difference in how you approach potty training. Boys will sit just as girls do. Just leave his foreskin alone. You can cause severe pain pulling it back and it can get stuck then he may need an op.

1 Like

As a daycare teacher of potty training age and now having my own, we have taught to sit and “poke it down” and then shut your legs because otherwise they can spray themselves even sitting :roll_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Just toilet trained a 3yr old boy in my care he sits on the toilet to per and poop (hate cleaning poop out of potties lol) I also raised 2 older boys on my own and taught them the same way!

Tell him to go water the tree in the yard. I am a mom of girls but my Father in law who is a Dad of 3 boys said that was how he trained his. :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::rofl: It may work. Currently potty training my 3 year old girl and it has been smooth sailing. Wishing you the best of luck.:heart::pray:

Every time you persons go to bathroom take your daughter with you and have her do the same in her own potty. Make up a pee pee song and praise her if she goes or not :toilet:

Raised my son by himself. I had him sit when potty training. Once he has that down. And knows his body. He can stand. And you can teach him to dab off the tip. Completely up to you. Don’t stress. I know a few men that their moms mad them sit because she had 13 kids. And she got sick of cleaning pee. So she made everyone sit. Lol

From a psychological /physiological standpoint - no kids have the true muscle control required until at least age 2. It takes that long for the myelin sheaths to form over the nerves. All 4 of my kids were trained between age 2 and 3 during the spring and summer, when it is easier because they aren’t also dealing with cold air. 2 girls, 2 boys and the summers they were 2 worked great. My oldest son expressed interest before that age, and we tried, but he didn’t have the muscle control necessary for success. Otherwise all these suggestions are good. I think we used M&Ms as rewards for success, didn’t take long. And all of them started by sitting on a small potty then graduated to the big toilet with or without special seat.

With my two boys I floated one square of toilet paper in the toilet and told them to sink it. It definitely helped with their aim.

It’s no different from a girl…First sippy cup has to go if he is on one. They can’t be drinking out a sippy cup all day their bodies have to be trained. Then a time to stop drinking…mine was at 6pm dinner time…As soon as they get up put him on the potty…let him sit ever 2 hours… Consistently is the key once you start keep on. NO PULL UPS that confused them. Also potties are good

No boys don’t sit. I stood my son on my feet ( he was too little to reach )facing the toilet & taught him how to aim into the toilet.

3 Likes

Boys are definitely slower than girls, especially if he is the only child. My first son was 3 years, but my second son saw brother and he already have that keep up with brother attitude so he was easy. Good luck!

We never used those little on the floor potty chairs. We used the seats that went over the toilet with a built in ladder and hand rails. We taught the boys to pee standing up, unless they needed to poo at the same time. We watched for the signs they needed to “go” and got them to the bathroom.
Waiting until your child is ready and patience to potty train is key!
Try not to stress and not compare him to other kids, he will start using the toilet at some point!
Good Luck!

I trained my sons to pee right into the pot. Stood them on a stool, made a toilet paper air plane, let it fall into the toilet. Then told them to sink it. They loved the challenge. I no longer had wet floors!

Thought my son would never get trained. Didnt have disposal training pants then so had to wash out his pants. Finally one day I told him I wasnt doing it any more and he had to do it himself…after one time he was trained…lol

Exactly the same as a girl, but teach him to tuck it in.
Let him run around with no bottoms on and leave the potty out. Encourage him to sit on it after sleep or drinks. Make it fun, no pressure and he’ll do it himself

We are potty training 4 of my grands 3 boys and 1 girl. We made potty pages with their name on it, and hung it on the wall. each time they go potty they get to pick out a sticker and put it on their paper. After so many stickers they can cash them in for a little toy ( we made a treasure box out of a pencil box) They also get 2 or 3 skittles, m & m’s , smarties, fruit snacks or 1 milk dud their pick. We put them in pull-ups or real undies during the day. plus you have to ask them how many times if they need to go potty. At the end of the first week they had the hang of it. By the second week they wanted to put real undies on for bed ( I told them they had to not go in the night for a week and we would talk about it :slightly_smiling_face: ). You can get potty training urinals for boys for under $10.00. I do like the little seats you can set on the big toilet. I also like the elmo potty chair, because it also can be used as a step up for them in the bathroom. If you have them sit make sure they hold it down or lean forward or you will have a mess lol. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

I have 3 boys number 2 is potty training now and I have found the easiest way is to just put them in underwear and let them see the difference it’s a bit messy but that’s the point they don’t like being messy and will listen to your guidance about being a big boy now. Also I start them off sitting then they can stand to pee once they get the idea of how it all works.

Teach him to sit and stand and met him decide what is most comfortable for him. Put frootloops in the toilet to teach him to aim pretend it is a game. My son loved this and after a couple days of the frootloops he no longer wanted pull ups only underwear and after 2 weeks he was going to the bathroom like a champ. Yes their will be accidents and messes on the toilet this is part of having a boy but the aiming game helps tremendously instead out just telling the to aim in the bowl.