How to prepare your kids for bullies?

Put your son in a karate or some type of self defense class. It’s fun and he will gain the skills and confidence to defend himself in these situations if needed.

Enroll your child in karate classes. It will teach them self defense and discipline. Too many children are injured or worse these days due to bullies. Give your child the tools to defend himself. I taught my children to stand up for themselves and made sure they could. There is nothing wrong with that.

my daughter was just telling me yesterday that some kid is picking on my 10 yr old grandson in class he’s a ( bully):rage:she’s tried talking with the teacher and nothing hasn’t been done! my grandson is the most loveable likeable very caring n sweetest lil boy…he won’t hit noone back? so my daughter told her son do not let noone hit you period!! you have my permission to hit back your not going to get in trouble…my grandson is a 10 x honor roll student hes so very very smart hes a really good kid! if that teacher or those school officials don’t do something and it happens again im personally going there n raising hell!! ( I DONT GIVE A DAM’N!!:rage:

I remember when I very first started school my momma always told us “if someone hits you, hit them back. If they start a fight. You end the fight”

U find that child’s house and talk with the parents and if they think it’s a joke you beat the shit out of the parent right in front of the bully and let them know Everytime you bully a child I’ll be here to bully your mama. I guarantee no matter how big of a bully the child has a sweet spot for their mamas and the bullying will stop :woman_shrugging:t3:

I just tell my 4 year old to tell bullies they’re ugly hahah if a kid is mean to you just say “Least I’m not ugly” and that normally shuts them up at her age lol

I told my kids to go ahead and defend themselves whether the teachers like it or not,I’m not raising victims.

Teach them to defend themselves. Sometimes people won’t stop until you make them stop. Tell them to never start it, but they need to finish it.

put him into karate or something so he can defend himself grr bullys make me mad

1 Like

Teach them to hit back. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Just beat up their parents ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Unpopular opinion. Go visit their parents

Learn them to fight back when nessecary quit raising sissys

1 Like

Self defense classes will help

Self-defence classes

Tell him to do it back :woman_shrugging: self defense

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to prepare your kids for bullies? - Mamas Uncut

The first time someone puts their hands on my kid they were told to fight back. Talking doesn’t work, never has and never will. Usually the Talking approach makes it worse.

10 Likes

I sent mine me to Twakendo classes so he could learn to defend himself if necessary.

9 Likes

Martial arts, my daughter started whe she was 7, now she’s 11 and she’s a black belt now, I’ll start my 2nd daughter as soon as she goes to Kindy, it helps them with self defense, discipline and confidence…

7 Likes

Teach him how to fight back.

#1. Use your words (Stop, go away, I don’t like you pushing me)
#2. If there is a teacher around yell out for them
#3. If they do no stop and is physically hurting you, physically fight back

6 Likes

Teach them not to throw the first punch but if hit knock there ass out :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I have my daughter in karate classes she’s a tiny 8 year old who the kids know as the karate girl x

10 Likes

Is there a way to follow this post? I called the principal last year about my daughter and apparently that meeting has lasted a year bc she hasnt called back.

Contact their parents, info them of what is happening. Hopefully they will be adults about this and do something about their children. If they are not willing to do anything let them know the next time they will be hearing from your lawyer. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior. Also let the school know as well that you will not put up with this. I’ve been there and done it.

I’d say put him in martial arts.
Not just so he can beat the other kids up (I practiced karate, judo and Kung fu for many years and I was taught the first option was to walk away… in fact, if the teacher (my sensei) found out you started the fight and caused unnecessary damage, you’d be expelled), but because it’s a spiritual journey as well as a physical. Not only will your kid be stronger, he will feel stronger and more resilient to bullies… knowing that you can punch someone out with little effort, makes it easier to walk away (I found) and be kind instead.

Good luck.

I had a issue with my daughter in kindergarten…nobody at school did anything, this was happening on the bus, it was the driver’s niece. So I told.my daughter to fight back, she did and that girl no longer bothered my daughter

I’ve taught my kids that there’s always going to be mean people who say and do things they don’t like. We can’t control others actions and words but we can control our reactions to it. We talk about that they need to think through their reaction before they do or say it.
In my experience it is true that the more you show your emotions towards them and what they do to you, the more they do it.
At the same time, if it’s continual and they are getting physically hurt, they under no circumstances can hurt them first, but they do have my permission to stand up for themselves and defend themselves.

I’ve actually dealt with the physical bullies first hand hurting my youngest son and the school was not doing anything about it or stopping it. One day my oldest saw it and went and defended him.

1 Like

Try to always build your child’s self confidence UP. Be a confident mommy and instill beliefs in your child to know their strengths. Bullies work on breaking down your self confidence. You need to stand up for yourself and claim your space. For a small child it might be frightening and he might need help, so tell him to always be free to talk to you and a teacher if he needs help at school. I also taught my son to retaliate. As a child I was also picked on and I learnt to talk back. Don’t let anyone think they have the right to be mean to you ever. That’s what I taught myself and my kid. Always stand up for yourself. As a mom just remind him of his strengths. My son was told he was fat in kindergarten and told him, “YOu are not fat, you are big and strong.” and that I repeated and planted into his head. You reinforce that which will create confidence in your child.

Minty kids on YouTube just released the book Bently the Bully this morning

Honestly, I’ve told my kids to ignore… Then tell the teacher … and if it gets to the point they get hit, pushed, shoved etc… my kids have FULL PERMISSION to whoop that other kid. No questions. I told my kids that they would be in trouble with the school is this were to happen. BUT. There would be no extra punishment from me.

Took my step son out to ice cream after the school suspended him when 3 kids jumped him in the bathroom and he hit back.

25 Likes

Go away in the name of Jehovah and the devil will flee from you, is what thd Bible says.

This happened to my daughter in elementary school. I told the main girl, the one telling everyone to be mean to my daughter that every time she picked on my daughter I was going to beat her moms ass. It stopped the next day

3 Likes

Boy bullying ain’t nothing like girl bullying so consider yourself lucky.
You have to teach your son to stand up for himself. No one wants to see their sons fight but sometimes that is how things are settled for boys/men … some of my sons best friends are guys he got into fights with. I tell my boys don’t go looking for trouble but if trouble comes for you, you better handle that. Needless to say no one picks on my sons and they are not bully’s either. When the school calls l let them have it cause they don’t do anything about bullies.
Put him in self defense classes etc. I encourage trying to talk things out but some people don’t operate that way and from experience… teachers and school will not do anything about it.
Back in the 90s kids would meet up to fight outside of school but no one has class anymore… lol.
My point is you will have to homeschool or toughen him up. If he does nothing he will continue to be the target for one bully after another.
Good luck.

tell him to kick their ass…and it will stop

My 11 yr old take everything to heart. I’ve taught him to stick up for himself. If someone hits him,he has every right to hit back and defend himself. Period. I know not everyone agrees with me but that’s just my opinion. Good luck

2 Likes

ill send my 11 year old daughter. shes been known in her school to stick up for the small and quiet kids. and against 3 bigger kids at one time once. she doesnt hit or cause a scene. she gives them loud stern warnings to stop bullying her friends. like loud enough for everyone to hear. that makes them scared and back off

1 Like

I got my son into karate and he’s 6 ! I’m gonna make sure he knows how to defend himself

I’ve told my kids no one is allowed to put their hands on them. They have my permission to throw hands because unfortunately the school system they have to go to doesn’t do diddle squat for bullying. I’ve taught my oldest how to throw a punch. Also get him into martial arts

2 Likes

Get in touch with the other parents ,if after that that don’t work ,teach the kid to defend him self and when their kids start crying about it tel the parents you just thought your child how to handle a bully since their parents obviously didn’t do nothing when you came to them about it .my daughter is 13 months and one on the way,she will know self defense bc of this from the get go ! My parents taught me and my siblings ,and I will teach mine so occurrences like this don’t happen but once then they will rethink doing it again .

1 Like

Give him martial arts leasons, teach him how to defend himself, I believe this will give him the confidence he needs to stand up for himself.

4 Likes

Martial arts for both kids. Not only does it give them self dense but also helps build confidence & they make friends there. I was bullied when younger my daughter got bullied her first year of K. Now they both take martial arts. I have taught them never throw the first punch but block & take their asses down they will never get in trouble with me for defending.

Self defence classes…

2 Likes

I tell my kids that if someone puts their hands on you, you have my full permission to do whatever you need to do. Kids are so cruel, you have to stand up for yourself or it will never end.

8 Likes

If your kid is on everything that they are supposed to do notified in teachers notifying the school going through all of the PC avenues then it’s time to teach them to stand up for themselves and defend themselves. I was bullied until the day I started literally fighting back the school will not help you and it will not protect you.

2 Likes

Karate… my daughter has had 2 classes so far… I’m sick of the bullies too.

2 Likes

Id be at recess since the school doesn’t want to intervene…

2 Likes

I mean I don’t even say violence is the answer but back in my day, once you stood up to them bullies, they sit the F down real quick! Maybe put him some kind of self defense class to make him feel safer around those little brats!

4 Likes

My kid knows not to hit first but if someone puts their hands on her she’s to rock their shit! :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

Both of mine have been told “don’t swing first, but be sure to swing 2nd, 3rd,4th until they run away”

4 Likes

You can’t avoid them. Bullies are everywhere and will happen every year. I usually tell my kids- this is a tough world. Mean people at every turn. You’re gonna run into them while you’re out there. Try your best to just get through the day. And know that when you come home and walk in this door, it’s filled with people who love and cherish you and would never hurt you. You just make it home and we’ll make the day better.

2 Likes

I put my son in Karate at 2yrs old because I didn’t want him to get bullied and if he did, he’d know how to protect himself.

I then decided to homeschool about 5 years ago. BEST DECISION EVER!

1 Like

I dealt with bullies in school too. I was the shy, quiet, sensitive type. If going to the school or their parents don’t work, your kid has to stick up for themselves. I found that out the hard way. I got suspended. But, I didn’t get bullied again.

1 Like

Martial arts lessons. He will get in trouble for standing up for himself, because schools NEVER punish the bully. So he needs to stand up for himself.

4 Likes

You need to be teaching your child to defend themselves, never to hit first or push first, but to make sure they don’t let anybody do this to them without consequence. Unfortunately you can’t take away the mental hurt of it, I recommend therapy for that part. Because by 12 years old I was self harming and hated everything about myself…I wish I would have had the resources to get help then.

6 Likes

We grew up with the mindset that if we were being harassed or physically pushed around that you get one good punch in. To the face, the groin, anywhere you know is soft and gonna hurt. 9/10 they would leave you alone after that. Our mom encouraged us to stand up for ourselves this way, but also made sure we were fully prepared to get in trouble for it. She said as long as we didn’t throw the first punch or start the fight, she would never be mad that we defended ourselves.

8 Likes

Sometimes the only option is to teach your child SELF DEFENSE…

4 Likes

I told my daughter if she shows the bullys that they are bothering her, they will keep doing it. I also told her to always defend herself if needed. Dont start anything, but always stick up for yourself.

1 Like

They have a lot of material for kids In books ect from licensed professional :blush: for kids to understand

I have always taught my children not to let anyone walk all over them whether they were an adult or child. My oldest always stood up for others that was being bullied. My middle son confronted his bully. Those bullies never messed with them again. My daughter is homeschooled but also has no filter. I also told my children if momma has to intervene I will. But so far they have stood their ground. Don’t let this get too far because it will continue. :pray::heart:

Tell him to fight back and to not let them bully him. I’m not trying to be mean here but if your kid is a softy he’s going to get bullied so you need to tell him to fight back.

2 Likes

You’re going to have to toughen that softness and teach him how to use his toughness in the correct way!

3 Likes

I have a gentle giant. 6’2" 250lbs. I always worried about him. He plays football and wrestles. Turnsout I had nothing to worry about. I always told to stand up for himself. I would back him. He was in a fight in middle school the bot hit him first and my son the next thing he remembers is the teachers pulling him off the kid. Teach your child to stand up for himself. And that you have his back

I see most of these comments say for him to defend himself. Which typically would be my advice too. But I also have a 1st grader who is the sensitive sweetheart and I know that that advice isn’t helpful in this case. I’ve told my kid to stand up for himself and he absolutely will not. Simply because he is too kind and doesn’t want to hurt anyone. In my case my son became friends with his bully and the bullying stopped. I would maybe talk to his teacher and ask them to keep an eye on him during recess and talk to the bullies’ parents and hope they can put a stop to it. I hate that for your son and hopefully it will all work out!!

I would be having a personal meeting with their parents… as young as they are(the kiddos), these parents need to get it under control before it continues… either they don’t know it’s happening, or they need a meeting with a Mama Bear…

Martial arts is fantastic… It helps with so
Much in life.

3 Likes

I’m the bad mom, I’d told my child not to take shit. If someone puts their hands on you lay them out. Because when I get a call about my child swinging on a bully, I’m gonna need their parents in there too. Because if ur child is bullying it’s because of what u are doing at home.

Self defense classes…it builds confidence

3 Likes

I put my boys in jiu jitsu and my oldest (who was experiencing the bullying) is in counseling. That way they aren’t physically afraid, because they can handle themselves if need be (and BJJ is great because it’s not about injuring the other person but controlling them so they can’t hurt you.) We had to be vigilant because my son expressed suicidal thoughts at 7 years old. I take it very seriously and in children that young, when they have a good
Home life (which my kids
Do) they typically attribute those sort of thoughts to social issues. What happened to my son may not happen to yours (I hope not!) but it’s wonderful that you have immediately taken action. For your son to see he is 1.believed 2. Supported is extremely helpful :heart:

7 Likes

I wish I had advice for you. My son is the same way and just started preschool and I am so worried about this happening. My boy is kind, gentle, and sensitive. He’s super outgoing also. Gers along with everyone. But he has trouble standing up for himself when he plays with other kids. Like if someone takes something from him in front of me or his dad, he wants us to step in. I said “no, go tell him to give it back.” And it sucks cuz they’re little and it’s hard to make them understand and you don’t want to spoil their sweetness. Everyone says “teach your kid to stand up for themselves” but you can’t make them, you know? It’s not as easy as everyone is saying when your kid is so sweet.

1 Like

My oldest was in a similar situation. They were best friends from 3 to 7 then the friend started picking on my kid. I explained to her that people suck plain and simple and friends come and go. It doesn’t matter how many friends you have as long as you have a small group of good friends that is all you need. She is almost 12 now with a very small group of good friends. She does still pick on my daughter every now and then but for the most part is separated in School.

1 Like

sign him up for classes self defence NOW

3 Likes

My grandson was bullied so much I. Elementary. Now in middle school one of the bullies has b cone a friend
When another student started to bulky him again. He quietly but with tone and emphasis replied. It stopped. Twice. Is it over, no. But it’s a start

1 Like

Get him into a sport or activity he likes to build self confidence. There are ALWAYS going to be bullies even adult bullies.

1 Like

It’s always the soft hearted that get bullied. Tell him to tell his teacher and you. You may need a meeting set up with all parents involved. If that doesn’t go anywhere go to the school board and keep going up until this stops. Some kids get seriously hurt and there is absolutely no reason for that these days. Make sure you move through the channels quickly, no time to waste. I was bullied but in my day you didn’t complain and it wasn’t talked about openly as it is these days.

My little boy was also very timid and shy he was the baby of 4 siblings. When he went to elementary school he was still very shy and when he had to go to the middle school I was very worried that the other kids would be mean to him so I though he need to learn self defense so I paid for him to learn self defense. He liked the lessons and soon he had to compete and he won and kept competing and getting throphies and word got around that he was in Karate and the other kids just wanted to be his friends. I told him you are not to pick fights but if you have to than defend your self. I will tell you the rest of my sons story later if you are interested

1 Like

Dad bought boxing glove taught use how to defend our selves yes we got thump so did those they quit we were good till graduation

1 Like

Teach them that people are terrible and help them develop a healthy sense of sarcastic humor to defend themselves from those terrible people.

I’d be contacting the parents as well. They need to know their children are acting out of line and put an end to it before any of the kids end up hurt. It all starts at home :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Allow him to get mad and defend himself.

Having been bullied all my life, self defense knowledge is a life saver (quite literally in my case). As long as your son knows that it’s never his fault, and he is genuine and true to himself he can and will be better than his bullies. :muscle:

1 Like

As a child and teen who was bullied all day every day. Nothing ever worked. The more the teachers knew, the worse it got. Smashed in the face with a metal bar, pads with tomato sauce nailed to my front fence, pushed into lockers choked in hallways. Ended up just trying to stay far away

Self defense classes all the way! Where I went to school it was taught in first grade. My mom always told me don’t start a fight but you better finish it. In school bullies only messed with me once. I know a lot of people say “don’t bully the bully” my parenting is fuck that if a bully hits you, you hit them harder!

1 Like

I’m a bad mom. I let my kids use their words. Just like I did as a kid. Children get shocked when another kid says “Know what? F**k YOU!” Those words made people stop bullying me for years. I didn’t have to hit anyone. It was assumed I was a bad kid because I cussed but they didn’t mess with me.

2 Likes

If it keeps happening I would have my 4 and 6 year old knock em back. I don’t like violence but I don’t want them to just LET someone harm them. Don’t let your kid be like that. If he takes it that hard and it keeps happening he may get depressed or suicidal. Try to get the parents to end it and if they won’t then tell your kid to do something about it.

So something I tell the kids I work with (elementary age) that not everyone is gonna like you, and that’s okay. What’s not okay, is being mean about it verbally or physically and that those things matter. I also tell them if someone is trying to start something with them to get loud to draw attention (I don’t mean screaming, but loudly talk or making a commotion) to themselves so a teacher or other kids are watching what is happening. The more eyes the better to see the situation. Also to never stay silent, because that can be dangerous.

I agree with the self defense response. My little brother was bullied endlessly in school, until he was in a mental unit for trying to take his own life. The schools action was never enough as kids find a way around it honestly. The only way people will get the picture sometimes is getting embarrassed by someone standing up for themselves. Bullies don’t like the attention of a crowd. I’m fortunate I have multiple kids and my second son tho very quiet and nice is a scrapper if anyone messes with his sister or brother. I can’t even imagine what your going through! Such a hard position for a parent to be in. My kids know never start a fight but always always finish it. It’s not your job to raise another kids punching bag.

This may not be a popular opinion, but my step daughter was being bullied in grade school and was known as a cry baby and a whiner, she still is. She was being kicked and called a whale. My husband told her that she could defend herself if they start it and that those girls will never hit you hard than your brother ever has. Once she was kicked the next day, she hit back. She did not get in trouble, until the day after when she asked if they wanted a “piece of me”. Having explained to her that she stop a fight, not start it. I know the kids are young but teaching kids to be strong inside is just as important as being able to show it on the outside. They as old as him and no stronger. They are the same as he is.

Get him into some martial arts classes to help him mentally and physically be prepared. It will also help with his self confidence

I’ve recently put my daughter in MMA classes. My daughter is so sweet and loving. She just wants to be everyone’s friend and doesn’t always recognize when the other kids are being mean. Two weeks in and her confidence has already skyrocketed. I love that she’s so loving but I will not allow her to be a punching bag. The class teaches self defense and has already given her some great new friends.

Back in the day you let that bully start, you finish it, and they knew not to mess with you again. Nowadays, get mommy and daddy to get a lawyer. Sad but true.

2 Likes

My daughter went through this. We first went through the school, parents with no luck. I then sent her to the family shop and the guys taught her how to punch. The next day he punched her in the face and broke her glasses. She then gave him the best right hook she could. He never hit or talked to her again.

My son was really bullied bad from an old school district we used to live near. We always taught him to fight back but never be the one to hit first. After he was diagnosed with a medical condition that if he was seriously injured his body won’t be able to prevent him from going into shock and passing away, we had to tell him that he could not fight back to avoid any serious injuries. These kids continued to bully him and we were in constant meetings because of that. We finally had the opportunity to leave the school district as we moved away. In my opinion teach your son some fighting skills If you are not able to move him to a different school. The teacher and staff were involved but it’s still kept happening for us.

I’ve always told my son, if you tell the teacher more than once and nothing is done. You have every right to try and knock their head clean off they body. My son is sensitive too, but he knows how to defend himself. It’s easy to say keep telling somebody, but that can make it worse.::there’s really no way to prepare them. Some children just aren’t nice, they learn the behavior from somewhere.

I’d have a talk with that child’s parents personally. But that’s just me. Ain’t nobody’s child about to bully mine and if they don’t handle theirs I’ll handle theirs for them. :woman_shrugging:t2: respect is a MUST.

1 Like

My grand daughter ( she was 6 at the time) came to me and told me there was a little boy that would always bully her (push her, pull her pony tail, call her bad names just all around be mean to her)…I know violence is not the answer but I told her, if he keeps doing the same thing, punch him in the nose…she did, and he never touched her again…we have to stand up for ourselves, if we dont, who will?..violence is not the answer but gotta do something when nothing else works…

My daughter was best friends with a kid and then he bullied her for 5 school years because the school never separated the kid from my daughter. I told her to ignore them. If someone is harassing u. Get a teacher ASAP or hang around a teacher. If that teacher doesn’t protect your child. Then he needs to tell you. And possibly just switch schools

Never start a situation but make it known they will finish it with full parental backing.
If that doesn’t work find their mom and show her how it feels. Maybe then they’ll get their kid in check.

Don’t start it but don’t take it. If a kid lays hands on mine first she has every right to push back or hit back and I will be there in principals with other parents explaining that there kids are straight bullies and my kids had enough period. You teach them not to bully but not to take it either

Teach em how to fight and to NEVER throw the first punch/hit. Once someone else hit them start swinging. My ten yr old says they get one free hit after that I’ll start swinging. My 16 yr old don’t care someone hits her she’s knocking someone out. (She used to get bullied and from what I know of hasn’t this year)

:heart::heart::heart::heart: your best defense in teaching kids to combat bullys is to teach them to be the kind kid! Teach them that the kids who are the meanest are the most hurt. Teach them to sit with the lonely quiet kids. Teach them to stand up for others. Teach them to wear their heart on their sleeve and never be ashamed of that. Teach them to communicate and speak up when someone is bullying. Teach them to shut those kids down.