How to sleep while pregnant?

34 weeks with our first baby, i couldn’t be more excited, but i can’t seem to sleep at night anymore, no matter how tired i am. any advice?! i would like to get some sleep before she arrives. :grimacing:

4 Likes

My doctor said unisom is safe

Magnesium. Natural calm is great!

Lavender, a warm bubble bath and sleeping in a recliner

2 Likes

My doctor told me to take liquid children’s benadryl

1 Like

I slept propped up a bit…

1 Like

Welcome to motherhood. You’ll never sleep the same way again

5 Likes

Eat something filling, drink some non caffeinated tea and curl up in bed with pillows and watch a movie you’ve seen a few times

Can you sleep on a recliner?

1 Like

I slept in a recliner, propped myself up on pillows and diffused lavender.

My dr told me to take Benadryl and it worked like a charm

This is God’s way of prepping you for motherhood!

2 Likes

Benadryl was my go to i slept like a baby

Looking back I’m glad I wasn’t able to sleep last trimester, made motherhood a smoother transition :joy:

4 Likes

Buy a recliner if you dont already have one. Of you do, sleep in it. It was the only way I could sleep

My doctor told me I could take one Benadryl a night because I wasn’t sleeping at all. For days. It helped tremendously!

1 Like

I haven’t slept the same in 11 years lol Rest while and when you can, cos you won’t when she’s here. Big body pillow helped me somewhat. Or try a pillow in between your legs… Helps with hip pain.

1 Like

I used to have to sleep sitting up on the couch

Melatonin was my life saver !!! You can get it at a dollar store or Walmart.

1 Like

If your not running to hot , then put a soft fleece blanket in tbe dryer and wrap up while it’s hot and you will sleep .
Work for kids to , especially when they are sick . Not babies but kids .

1 Like

Move from a flat bed to a recliner or elevated bed.

1 Like

Unisom works wonders… Best sleep I have ever gotten

Welcome to motherhood, you will never sleep again

I think it is the same for us all getting us ready to be a mum as we know the sleepless nights are ahead so think it is our body getting us ready, just sleep when you can during the day as you will when baby arrives x

Tylenol PM worked for me as I was unable to sleep once I got past 20weeks