How to stop early labor?

I don’t usually ask questions on pages like this but I just wanted some opinions or maybe others experiences…I am 35 and a half weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby and I went into early labor on Monday. They gave me the shot to stop the contractions and it worked so now I’m home. But yesterday my mucus plug came out so my question is, how long after it comes out does labor usually begin? My doctor told me just to call them immediately when contractions start again.

7 Likes

Once your mucus plug comes out I do believe baby is more prone to infections and bacteria. Go to the case room asap!

1 Like

Depends, I lost mine and went 2 weeks with nothing. Others can loose it and go that night. Hope you have a safe delivery!

1 Like

It can keep growing back. I started losing mine around 34 weeks and just had my daughter at 40+1.

2 Likes

My contractions started at 32 weeks with my oldest they stopped them & gave me a shot to help her lungs develop… I ended up delivering at 34 weeks , my water broke when I was sleeping.

1 Like

You can grow it back it doesn’t mean your in labor by any means ! It can take weeks to go into labor still

1 Like

I have heard of days or weeks or maybe hours, I guess everyone is different.

1 Like

Everyone is different. It can be hours to days to weeks before baby arrives :relaxed: Good luck!!

1 Like

Mine started within an hour of losing mucus plug

1 Like

I went into early labor with my second and she ended up coming at 41wks so have faith Hun.

Your mucus plug can grow back that’s fairly normal to lose pieces of it later on and still be fine but I’d call your Dr just to make sure they don’t want you to be checked.

It might be a good idea to go ahead and put yourself on slight bed rest for the most part to help things go smoothly though, just take it easy but I’m sure if your Dr was worried they’d have told you that.

1 Like

Thank you ladies!! I’m just worried that she will come too early. I’m on bed rest and taking it easy! My last child was born at 36 weeks and she was fine but I’d like to go longer with this one if I can! Thank you again for your experiences and advice!! :heart:

1 Like

the plug situation is VERY different for everyone so just call when your doctor when they said to!

1 Like

The plug can come back

1 Like

I lost my mucus plug for my second child three weeks before I delivered him

1 Like

Lost mine months before with my first

1 Like

You can go into labor up to a couple weeks after the plug comes out. And infections aren’t a concern until the water breaks

1 Like

I informed my doctor when I lost mine and she wasn’t concerned at all. She said unless my water breaks, I’m leaking, or bleeding to not worry

1 Like

It regenerates, momma​:blush::purple_heart:
Relax and remain calm. If you start hurting in your lower pelvis or back, I’d go back to L&D.

1 Like

35 weeks isn’t to early

1 Like

I had contractions for 9 and a half hours before my mucus plug came out. An hour later my baby was born.
I know a chick where she lost her plug a week before her baby was born. Everyone is different

1 Like

I lost my plug super early in my third trimester and was induced at 39 weeks. They are not always an indicator of oncoming labor.

1 Like

Mine took a week with both pregnancies.

1 Like

Just be ready. Good luck :shamrock::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like