How to stop toddler from biting?

My question is : ways to deter biting? I have a 20 month old that is not in daycare etc… but has started biting out of the blue. What are ways to teach a 20 month old no biting where they will understand or ways to deter biting.

10 Likes

I bit my momma once , she bit me back and i never bit again

3 Likes

I softly tapped my son in the mouth because he thought it was funny to bite. After about the 3rd or 4th time, he finally stopped. Must be consistent and stern

I’ve heard of biting their finger tips… and they won’t bite again

I did what a lot of moms said, I bit them back and said no. Just keep it simple!

2 Likes

My mom bit me back. That was 63 years ago. My grand daughter and grand son bite each other. They are we still hear about that and it was over a year ago. But they stopped biting. Good luck.

I was bad at that as a kid… My mom bit me once and never again would i bite!

You tell them no and lightly tap them on their mouth. You dont them you just tap their mouth and no we dont bite

1 Like

I bit my kids back…they never bit again.

2 Likes

Bite back. Sounds bad but it works

2 Likes

Whoever is bitten give them attention point out to him the mark. Make him kiss it better & say sorry. If that fails I say go old school & bite back.

2 Likes

Bite back. Not enough to really hurt them but where they know its not funny

2 Likes

Just put the child in his cot and let him cry for a while every time until he stops ah ah ah when you stop them just repeat keep a watchful eye with other children around don’t bite them back please

I bit until I was bit🤷🏻‍♀️