How to store big comforters?

Organizing comforter! My son has autism, sensory, and anxiety and LOVES comforters and king size. I need ideas on what to do to organize/store. The vacuum bags aren’t even and make the piles lopsided, so I’m interested in storage bags and something easy and durable to withstand a child!

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to store big comforters? - Mamas Uncut

Maybe try Rubbermaid totes?

1 Like

Maybe try something like this but bigger lol

4 Likes

Put the sealed storage bags in a tote

1 Like

Large Zipper Comforter Storage Bags, Folding Clothes Storage Bag with Reinforced Handle, Under bed Storage Bag for Bedding, Blanket, Cloth, Pillow, 75L, Grey https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B083TYDTS8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_MCSS2S10RQPCRJ3RM00Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Mine too, I store some between the mattress and box springs. A friend uses heavy duty hangers and hangs them in the closet, and chests work too.

2 Likes

Space bag has large zippered bags just made for comforters and blankets. They stack nicely. I have several and love them.

I’ve seen a few of these things on Amazon. They look functional and kid friendly :slight_smile:

Stuffed Animal Storage Bean Bag Chair for Kids and Adults. Premium Canvas Stuffie Seat - Cover ONLY ( Grey with White Arrows 200L/52 Gal ) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFBBNWL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_5R013SC0FZEV5BH7RTYJ

A huge bean bag chair fill it with blankets lol

Storage boxes that either stack or slide under the bed I use them for winter duvets/pillows/throw overs

When using the vacuum bags, vacuum some of the air out, even out the blanket, vacuum some more, even it out. It takes a little while longer to do, but it works.

1 Like

Maybe you have a large zippered suitcase

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to store big comforters? - Mamas Uncut

ZipLoc brand vacuum bags are great. Very durable.

1 Like

Maybe use the vacuum bags and store them in a tote to keep them even and from going every which way lol

4 Likes

A big bean bag cover. Stick them all on the inside.

I lay my comforters on top of each other on my bed.

Folded under the bed or closet

Instead of buying comforters can I suggest another idea?…. Make duvet covers using 2 flat sheets sewn on 3 sides and then Add buttons or a zipper on the 4th side. You can slip a duvet or another comforter inside and Ta-Da you have a new one but when you wash & fold them they are much smaller & less bulky to store.
We don’t use any flat sheets that we get in our sheet sets, so we just sew 2 together, they are reversible & can choose which side to show on the bed.

4 Likes

I use large zippered closet bags and store on shelves.

Stack the vacuum bags inside of a plastic tote