How to transition baby to a crib?

Advice on crib transitioning? My daughter is growing out of her bassinet, and she’s use to sleeping right next to me in her bassinet. If I lay her down in her crib for a nap, she cries almost immediately. I let her cry for 5-10 minutes hoping she’ll fall asleep but no luck yet

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to transition baby to a crib?

Bassinets tend to have more padding. Try warming the sheets for a few minutes with a heating pad on its lowest setting before laying her down, remove and turn off heating pad before putting her in the crib, and check with the inside of your wrist first before placing her in the crib. Sometimes those waterproof crib mattresses cool the sheets and it shocks them awake.

Babies are not designed to sleep alone. They need a mama or daddy to hold them. If you want her to sleep alone in her crib, you will have to “train” her to do so.

She is too young to soothe herself to sleep or get herself back to sleep.
You can side car the crib to your bed, so she is still close.
Warm the spot before.
When placing baby down…hold close to chest and roll her away to avoid the initial startle relex.
Biologically Normal Infant & Toddler Sleep is a great group.

there is a crib you put next to your bed and the side next to your bed folds down even with your bed