How to treat asthma in toddlers?

Any recommendations on treating asthma symptoms for a toddler 4 years old? I am getting seen by a doctor in a few weeks but I believe he may have asthma just wondering if anyone has had any advice. I have a friend who had her doctor said they may have allergies and gives her toddler Zyrtec daily which is thought was odd!

4 Likes

Why is that odd? It’s called if they have allergies then you give them allergy medicine first. Most doctors will say the same thing first try allergy meds and if that doesn’t help then come back in. And you say he has asthma symptoms but you don’t even mention any of his symptoms. My son has asthma and has since he was a year old.

Excess mucus can be very irritating for your lungs if you’re asthmatic

I recommend seeing a pulmonologist to figure out triggers and treatment.

2 Likes

we have a inhaler and a nebulizer for home… there is no treating ashma…ive had nebulizer since my son was 14 months🙃

Allergies can trigger asthma. It does in me and it’s bad right now with everything blooming

1 Like

My daughter takes allergy meds and an inhalor

My son is 2 and we’re pretty sure he has asthma but was told they do not diagnose until 5. We went to an allergist and we were also prescribed Zyrtec daily. It does help.

See what the doctor says, and go from there. If pediatrician confirms asthma, a referral to a pulmonologist may be needed.

2 Likes

Numbering to keep thoughts in order, not to be hateful.

1. severe allergies alone can cause some symptoms similar to asthma (wheezing dry coughing, throat/bronchial restriction)
  2. allergies can trigger asthma attacks.
  3. Asthma can’t be cured, but it can be treated and one of the ‘prongs’ of treatment is prevention. So an allergy medication is often part of that prevention.

My personal advice given information available:

1. If your child is having severe prolonged symptoms, take them to urgent care.
  2. wait to give your child anything until you speak with a doctor, preferably his primary care physician as they’ll have all of his medical records and history.

Look into tge benefits of Quercetin. It is a natural way to treat asthma along with support the immune system. Safe for kids. 20 bucks on Amazon.

Sharing this message would be very important and helpful :pray: am here to tell everyone who’s suffering from any disease problems like fibromyalgia, cancer and other std diseases should contact Herbalist obi now he is the herbal doctor that can offer a good herbs to cure diabetes and so many more , visit his page
:point_down::point_down::fu: