How to treat constipation in toddlers?

Do they have a stool softener that children can take daily? I had gastric sleeve surgery two years ago and constipation is a part of the post-op life, but since I now take a stool softeners everyday, I have no issues
Just wondering if there is one kids could take, maybe you could ask her dr

We were told to put a teaspoon of miralax in our grandson’s juice. It worked well.

try fiber gummies, worked great for my daughter

Prune juice works good too!!

1 Like

I would cut out gluten I had a problem with it and didn’t figure it out til I was 18. Constipated my whole childhood and it steadily got worse. Gluten can be found in wheat, barley, rye, modified food starch, Carmel coloring, malt… it’s easier to look for stuff that says gluten free. By giving her all of those high fiber cereals that are made with flour you may be doing more harm than good please give it a try

1 Like

Miralax once a day pear juice if she’s doesn’t like prune

My pediatrician suggested miralax 1x a day. It’s to the first line in the cap. If he didnt go in a few days then to up it to 2x a day. Its helped regulate him. He has miralax every day to help regulate him.

Talk to her pediatrician! It doesn’t matter how far of a drive it is, it’s your
Child’s health!

Maybe try this? We have great results with their other products with my Grandson & its all natural so gentle on little bellies.

Try pear juice!! I had to stop giving my baby pear juice because it made him poop so much

Chia seeds! Put them in her yogurt or a smoothie! Whenever my daughter is having a hard time, some chia seeds help her instantly.

Lots of water and feed her a prune after each meal.

My now 3 year old used to hold her poop which is why it would hurt her. As soon as we bought her a potty she stopped doing that and went on the potty.

I have another son who’s been on miralax and domperidone, but he also has Down syndrome and has slow motility. He and I both have celiac disease as well and painful BM’a are one of the signs.

Yogurt, fruits, veggies, pear juice, prune juice, apple cider vinegar in water,

1 Like

My niece had a problem going #2 when she was little, they have cut out all dairy from her diet milk, cheese, yogurt and that has helped her.

Maybe try a probiotic and yogurt. Oatmeal and orange juice usually help me go. Or put her on Miralax

My grandson had to be on Merlax for so many years. I know I miss spell it. Every day of his little life. It want hurt them. The pain they suffer without a laxative us horrible. He has NO problems today. We tried everything, like you did. Nothing helped. GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY.

Prune juice always worked for my kids

Increase water intake. Jello, Popcycles are sources of fluid. Vegetables and fruits. I was surprised to learn that we need grease of bacon, sausage, or fat to aide elimination. I avoided fat, and when i added it to my diet, things did move better. Good luck. I’ve seen small baby glycerin liquid enema if its stuck at the rectum.[ Sorry if tmi. ].

Both of my kids were on Miralax for a couple years each. I limit ice cream and milk now. And before I get negative comments, our pediatrician suggested the Miralax, and my kids were closely monitored and yes I know there are negative reports from using it. It helped us. Good luck.

1 Like

Increase fruit & veggie in her diet;fresh vegetables.Take out any processed foods and give only fresh made meals.My daughter use to have the same issue as a baby/child and the docs kept saying to give her enemas but after awhile I decided to try things to help her.The increase in fruits/veggies helped significantly but it took a few days.Also,lots of exercise with the fruits/veggies help a lot too.

Water down prune juice one glass before bed

Pears or pear juice or prunes. Lots of water. Also benifiber works great too. Its tasteless and mixes in water easily. Wont even know its in there. Salami also helped my son because of all the fat in it.(thats what suppositories basically are).

Prunes or prune juice

Grape juice. It’s works great and it taste good. She can drink it everyday.

Strawberries are a natural laxative. My granddaughter has the same problem. She eats strawberries every other day. Give them a try hopefully it helps your little one

eat applesauce, and take miralax

Give apple juice a couple times a day it will help

Try more juice to help her, like prune of Apple.

Lots of fruits and veggies and make sure she is hydrated, water helps the body get rid of waste so make sure she is drinking plenty of fluids

prunes can be a good snack.

My daughter is the same way and we cut out all dairy and it changed for a week. And went back to hard poop. And Dr said miralax is the answer for now. And she was doing a prune snack a day and it helped for a month or so

Cut regular milk completely.

When she is pooping and crying, apply some castor oil to help her do it without pain. Otherwise cut out dairy. Try apple juice as well.

juices that contain naturally-occurring sorbitol, including prune, apple, and pear juices are like a natural laxative, so try her with those, prune is best but pear is just as good and apple does help as well

Go to a gastroenterologist.

Pears or pear juice or kayo syrup in water 1 teaspoon per 4 ounces no apple juice it is binding