How to treat eczema?

Try Gold Bond Eczema cream worked for my daughter after a few days of using it I noticed it getting better, oatmeal baths at night then put some Eczema cream on. Also pat dry the eczema infected areas after bath time.

Aquaphor! It’s amazing

Trs detox…gets all of the impurities out and let’s them heal properly.

Both of my son’s have eczema and the trick that has worked is, Dr. Bronner’s Castille soap for bath. You dilute it so it lasts. I use a little sample body wash container and do quarter dr bronners and water and then after bath as a lotion, coconut oil. He had one eczema spot by his knee that was raw and bleeding and it has pretty much healed. This method has been more successful for me than anything else and we tried a lot. Also check for possible allergies such as milk allergy if the baby is on formula. ( i tried aquaphor, cetaphil, aveeno baby, oatmeal baths and none worked) Honest brand baby products were pretty good but the Castille Soap was the best

Beta creme. Demand it from dr. Or moo goo. Google it online. Its magic

Find s Norwex consultant in your are and order a body cloth infused with silver. Wash with water only and order the body butter. Several consultants testified how it healed their children’s eczema.

Triamcinolone topical ointment not cream ask the doctor for it take her bath and lather it on relieves itching and take care of the blemishes as well

Vanicreama rn zyrtec daily. And robathol bath oil off Amazon with every bath. Worked wonders for my son.

Get her a dermatologist appointment

1 Like

Arbonne diaper rash cream, we even use it on psoriasis clients. Works amazingly!
Kyrabriand.arbonne.com

Hanuka honey brilliant x

My mother used something called tarquinor on me and that was the only thing that ever worked. A doctor friend told her about it. It smelt like tar but worked.

Use epimax bath oil. Oil her body then only rinse her off. Not long in water. Then rub epimax cream. Use only the clear glycerine soap

We just went thru this with my 4 month old. We went to a dermatologist and they put her on a cream and an allergy medicine. It cleared up in 4 days.

Emu oil or raw shea butter

Breast milk works wonders

Doctors should give her some form of cream to help.
Other than that, Oilatum is really good for the Bath, childs farm products are great and also aveeno cream is good x

Get an prescription for hydrocortisone ointment (not cream) from your DR it clears up in a week ( had to do this for my LO starting at 2 months )

Get allergy testing done and try cutting out out common allergens like dairy,eggs, and/or gluten

1 Like

Dont bathe her every day, every other or ever 2 days Next step is allergy testing. That’s where we’re at now. (19 mos)Hang in there !

We use cetaphil bar soap for our little guy and aveeno eczema lotion

I used to have severe painful eczema on my hands, I was on a steroid spray for a long time but it was too expensive ($75 a bottle) so I switched to this and it works wonders. It is a bit greasy but a little goes a long way and it’s fragrance free and helps so much! I got mine at Walmart but I’ve also seen it at CVS and Target in the baby section.

Oatmeal baths. Ucented everything including lotions, body wash, laundry soap, hand soap etc. Make sure your towels that she uses are washed in unscented soap. We always used “All” free and clear. Aquaphor lotion worked well. Also I’ve recently heard of a cream called “eczema honey” it’s worth a try. If all else fails take her to a dermatologist.

I sell all natural products and the skin releif one I sell is what I use for mine and it healed up within a week.

I use the Gold Bond Eczema lotion. After a week, I noticed a big difference.

Worked on my daughter

We use coconut oil in the bath water itself. She washes with black soap or other similar soaps. Then keep her skin moisturized after bath. Works for us.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to treat eczema? - Mamas Uncut

Bath less, it’s irritates skin. Use eczema bath products like dove or aveeno and lotion with those products after every night

Probably eczema. My granddaughter had it. It looked like a rash too.

I used HEMP lotion and it healed in a couple of days!!

2 Likes

Sounds more like strep rash …

… If it’s eczema, eczema is caused by an allergy. Have you tried any new foods?? Or notice it gets worse when eating a certain food?? New laundry soap??

Review her diet. Somethings can be triggered from the inside.

aveeno baby Eczema cream works good

My daughter had eczema, but also has a peanut allergy, and asthma. They all go together. You could check for food allergies, she had her eczema since she was a newborn. We only happened to fine the food allergy on accident.

If eczema, DO NOT use anything scented. I love Vanicream from Amazon for my eczema.

Tubby Todd all over cream is the best! It is a little expensive but worth the money!

My daughter has eczema. Dont use scented products. Pure soap . I also bath her once a week in paraffin liquid mixed with glycerin for 20 minutes. This was recommended by the dermatologist. Be careful of strong cortisone creams. It tends to thin the skin .

We use this soap from Walmart called eczema bar with Shea butter. Within a couple of days my kiddos are cleared up. I make them wash with it every other day. And use eczema cream as well to help with the itching

Glycerine soap and aqueous cream or E42

I recently used witch hazel on my daughters eczema 2-3 times daily and it cleared up within a few days, aloe vera also helps with dry eczema. She has sensitivity to laundry detergents, fabric softeners, etc. We only use Original Tide and April Fresh Downy and they work well. She also only showers every other day, too much showering can aggravate her eczema. I also believe a lot of milk causes hers to flare up too so maybe cut back on dairy.

We use Aveeno body wash and lotion that says eczema on it.

I suffered for years steroid cream constantly. I bought some double base cream/gel from the chemist & within 2 weeks my skin was clear. I’ve had no steroid of 3 months best thing I’ve ever used. Greesy stuff made it worse can’t use e45 nwt like that xx

We use cortisone 10 for eczema on my 1 year old. It heals it within 2 times of applying

You need to take your child to the doctor… and get their advice.

That is not eczema. Eczema is dried scaly like skin. If it is eczema, scented products are a no go as well as bubble baths. I use anything that’s “dermatologist approved”. I would take your kiddo to the pediatrician to make sure it’s not an allergy or strep rash. If the bumps are raised, it could be scarlet fever caused my strep.

You can buy collodial oatmeal lotion at Sprouts 2%. Or aquaphor works well

Cerave has helped my children before they were all on steroid creams

Oatmeal bath and eczema lotion. Aveeno. I’ve had eczema my entire life and those two things are a godsend.

2 Likes

Girl! My son struggled with severe eczema and it hurt to watch. We tried everything under the sun over the counter and even two dermatologist! Finally, the last doctor took one look at him and prescribed Verdeso. We never used anything after that. It was almost night and day results. Please save your heart and daughter the agony. Ask your doctor to prescribe it. You won’t regret it! :heart:

Use a good moisturizer I work for a Derm clinic and we always tell patients this

If it’s eczema, coconut oil works great! Just straight out of the jar onto the skin and don’t wash off. It wouldn’t hurt to get it looked at to make sure it isn’t a rash/hives

My dermatologist recommends vanicream. Our whole house uses it. No dyes, no chemicals, no fragrances, etc… works wonders!

1 Like

My little gets it on her hip. I use Vaseline and it clears it up

I use an all natural goat’s milk soap from bend soap, their soap is amazing.

Emily Noel Sylvester

I’ve always put coconut oil on it.

Try to use dye and scent free laundry detergent even body soaps eczema lotions. Go see a dermatologist to be for sure that Dr. Will also say same my daughters went dermatologist they recamended these

Eucerin has an Atpoia cream that has been wonderful for my son. It isn’t made with harsh chemicals either. If it’s really bad I apply 2x a day. I also cut down on his showers. No more than 3 in a week. I apply it to his face every morning during the winter because he gets it bad from the cold

That sounds like a rash though. Have you switched detergents or anything recently? Nee soap? I don’t think it’d be hives as you usually see a lot of swelling along with the bumps. Sounds like an allergic reaction to something new. New food?

Excema usually doesn’t have raised bumps. I’d take kid to the doc. If it is except, I have always used Hemp seed lotion and unscented body wash

Take her to the Dr. That’s the only answer.

2 Likes

Could be an allergic reaction. Cut out dairy and gluten. Sometimes they can cause raised bumps or tiny acne bumps on arms and limbs. Use coconut oil for bathing. Caster Oil has eased the itching for me on mine.

My son had it when he was little we tried everything and nothing worked so I made my own lotion for him. 100% organic coconut oil mixed with 100% aloe Vera whip it till it is creamy I use it after every bath and daily he hasn’t had it since he also got worse when he got hot and sweats. I hope this helps. If it looks like big red circles it could be hives which could be a allergic reaction to anything with someone with sensitive skin. My son cannot have anything with chemicals or perfumes like detergents or other lotions I even had to switch soaps used on him.

Have a look into cows milk protein intolerance, it is extremely common and often misdiagnosed or undiagnosed. I didn’t know mine was cause by dairy till I went dairy free for my son (he had lots of problems that all pointed to cmpi) within a week my skin was clear and I was shocked. I had spent my entire life trying different potions and lotions. Soy also causes similar problems

2 Likes

I have eczema, and this could me a result of her being allergic to something she ate or is around. I drink an antihistamine almost everyday. your pediatrician should be able to prescribe you something.

I also started using thia lotion and has been amazing!

They also have a bar of soap for eczema but this is the one I use for my daughter. She was using steroid cream. Now we started using this and she has been 2 years eczema free

Doctor. You can’t diagnose her and neither can anyone here.

1 Like

Look into Trim Healthy Mama skin products… just read a post today by a red head…went from terrible irritated skin to beautiful healthy skin…

Stop asking people on the internet and take her to the pediatrician who is qualified to answer questions like this even a phone call to them could help too but most likely they would want to see her to make sure… everyone can give different answers to you and the problem could or could not be solved so like others have said take her to her doctor

1 Like

My 2 year old has ezcema and sees a dermatologist. We bathe her in eucerin body wash, it’s dye free and scent free. After I use eucerin cream, it’s in a tub and super thick. Also use free and clear detergents. And I use hydrocortisone for the really itchy spots. This combo is all that would finally work so hopefully it helps

This was my daughters leg last night. She gets eczema bad especially in the colder dry months. I do Aveeno oatmeal baths and have my own lotion I make for her which consists of pure coconut butter pure shea butter organic coconut oil peppermint oil and tea tree oil. That seems to help a lot. In really bad cases we will use her cortisone cream prescribed by her doctor.

Go see a doctor. Don’t trust the internet to diagnose her.

We got that with tide laundry detergent. Everyone except my hubby is allergic. But definitely take to doc to diagnose the cause. It could be a number of things

Hydrocortisone and seal it with vaseline before bed…eggs were a big flare here

1 Like

We use Burt’s Bees and it helps a lot

Oatmeal baths… exzama paste or cream ( the thicker the better)

I use oilatum bath soak, and alternate between aveeno cream and oilatum cream. Also use simple wash stuff, as it cleans but doesn’t contain strong chemicals

I use goats milk lotion and soap it helps a lot

Our six year old was recently diagnosed with eczema but hers is allergy induced. If you haven’t already done that it might be worth looking into. She has to have a special laundry detergent anything that actually will touch her has to be washed through that. She is currently on two creams Zyrtec and they’re hoping that our insurance will pay for an allergy shot which will make it a lot better.

Could be eczema. My daughter had all sorts of skin issues relating to being lactose intolerant.
It varied from hives, itchy skin, eczema dry patches and boils.
Allergy tests and gut health is the way to go.

Every child reacts to things differently. With eczema comes allergies. If she hasn’t been tested yet then she needs to. May need strong cream for it. Take her to doc

You should see a dermatologist or allergist to find the source of why it’s happening. You can you hydrocortisone cream mixed with a lotion like amlactin in the mean time. That always worked for my children and myself.

My daughter doctor gives her prescription hydrocortisone cream and it helps a lot!!!

2 Likes

Dove eczema body wash and shampoo helped my daughter

2 Likes

Certain foods can irritate it ! Especially white bread

I don’t think eczema suddenly comes up in a whole lot of places. Hives does that as an allergic reaction to something but doesn’t linger for days.

My son has eczema he is two years old, he has had it sense birth. Two weeks ago he broke out in hives all over his body head to toe and we rushed him to the pediatrician and it was a viral rash and had just gotten covid. At that age it’s normal for their little bodies to develop a rash if it’s fighting some type of viral infection. His was covid, and we didn’t know that untill I tested positive. If her skin looks like this, its hives/rash. If it’s tiny little bumps it’s prolly eczema. Go to pediatrician to see and get an answer tho. Just figured I would share this because it might help with a visualization idk. This was my son 2 weeks ago and it was from covid and we didn’t even know him or I had it.

Sounds like hives . Excema is usually caused by an allergic reaction did u buy new laundry soap or new bath soap

Oatmeal baths, aveeno eczema cream and avoid fragranced lotions, body washes, etc as they tend to have alcohol and can cause irritation

use clear glycerine soap and rub her out epizone or epimax for sensitive skin otherwise just use soap

Too many possible causes. Take her to Pediatrician

1 Like

So many aliens allowed in now that isn’t vaccinated, bringing back chickenpox and measles. Please take to dr. We aren’t experts in here.

1 Like

My grandson had horrible “eczema”… finally after he suffered for a long time he was diagnosed with psoriasis!! Medication is making his life so much more bearable!
So like everyone said, go to a dermatologist!!

Take her to her doctor.

The only thing that works for us is cortisone . They make one for eczema. We’ve tried all kinds of over the counter and prescribed. It’s the only thing that works almost immediately.

1 Like

Sounds like hives . Eczema usually shows up in creases , inside elbows , behind knees , i between fingers . Atleast for my daughter

Consult doctor and maybe change all washing liquids, body and laundry. People tend to make medical changes for eczema but forget laundry

Could be chicken pox.