How to treat eczema?

Mustela works wonders

You dont need to use soap at all. Just water. And then CarVe lotion(not sure how to spell it). No lotions with scents.

Cetaphil Restoraderm worked wonders on my daughter. You can find it at most Walgreens.

My son has it. I use St Ives Oatmeal body wash, and after bath I cover him in Eucerin baby eczema relief lotion and let it dry b4 I put a shirt on him. It helped him so much

1 Like

I’m going through this with my 4yr old, it came up out of nowhere… oatmeal baths, and the perscription ointment only help sometimes… next thing we’re going to do is an allergy test

Aveeno Eczema baby nighttime balm. $2.97 at Walmart. Cleared my sons up in 3 days. Cleared up a heat rash on my neck too.

Great advice given to me by medical experts… first treat the skin with the soak and seal method. Soak in a bath for 10 min. Apply medicated ointment if prescribed and cover them in a thick cream (we use Vanicream!) and dress them. Second, get to the bottom of why and what is causing the eczema. It may be a food intolerance like dairy or it could be a sign of a deficiency. We’ve dealt with this for over 4 years and found out our child has a peanut allergy and tree nut allergy. Since avoiding them it has been 90% better!

1 Like

See if they’ll refer her to a dermatologist

1 Like

I use Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Night Time Balm on my daughter who is 6 months old 3 times a day now that it’s under control. Her eczema started at 3 months I used it 3 times a day then too but on the bad spots I would put it on those like 10 times a day. After weeks of doing this it finally started to clear up!

My youngest son has eczema. His severe outbreak started when he was 9 months old. I had tried everything under the sun including expensive prescriptions. It is a matter of finding the right combination of products for your little one. For my son, especially when he was little limiting bathing so the body is not stripped of its natural oils. Basically doing sponge baths for awhile. Oatmeal soak once per week. Dove soap sensitive skin only. The only lotion that has worked for him is the Curel Itch Defense with the silver/gray label. I would lather his skin 2-3 times per day. As he got older the eczema decreased and as long as he keeps up on his skin routine he has very minimal break outs. I can always tell if he skimps or forgets bc he will have a patch break out over night. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. My son is now 11 so we have been dealing with this a long time.

This is the only thing that helps my daughter.

1 Like

If you’re able to, get her to see a dermatologist and possibly an allergist. My sons eczema stems from allergies. We also added a probiotic and multivitamin, but hes 5. Weve dealt with his eczema since he was around 6 months old. Tried lots of ointments and prescriptions. Really, it’s a lot of trial and error, but it REALLY didnt start getting better until we saw a dermatologist. That’s the best thing you can do for her.

You may try emuaid stuff worka wonders

Hazelwood necklace I swear by it I tried everything too prescriptions even to home made soaps and ointments nothing worked I put the hazelwood necklace on and his eczema cleared up in 3 months and never came back

Nothing worked for my son, aveeno eczema made it so much worse. Eucerin seemed to help. Limited baths, infrequent and short. He’s older now, almost 7, and it’s gotten so much better. His skin gets really dry in the winter, lots of eucerin (I actually get the target brand) especially after baths, but in general it’s not noticeable to him or anyone else as long as I use the lotion often to prevent flares.

Try half Antibiotic Ointment like Neosporin and half Hydrocortisone Ointment rub together and rub into affected areas. Keep doing this as often as you see her get agitated. Both items can be purchased at the 99 cent store.

Our eczema was because of food allergies to dairy and soy

Bag balm was the only thing that helped my little girl

Nigel read thru the comments. Maybe you can find something you can use on Royce

1 Like

My kids have eczema very bad and nothing worked literally nothing until I tried desitin I put it on them were ever it was usually behind there leggs and in the crease of their arms and then put long pajamas on them and by morning it was completely gone it is literally the only thing that works

Calendula lotion, cream

1 Like

If you breastfeed put some of your supply on the area that is breaking out…I promise it works…

1 Like

Alright so My son had severe eczema. I had seen several pediatricians and allergists and spent LOTS of money on creams . Finally I saw the best pediatric Dermatologist. First you have to get it manageable by this I mean if the skin js cracked open you will need steroid cream prescription because it CAN get infected. Once it calms down you are in the maintenance phase. I HIGHLY recommend MUSTELA You can find it on amazon and target. Also dont use soaps just let him sit in warm water. Pat dry and apply lots of the mustela (what the dermatologist said to get).

Lots of vaseline and ask doctor about hydrocortisone ointment along with triamcinolone. This combo works AMAZING. Not sure if they’ll give this for a baby this young but ask

1 Like

I was going to message you a before and after but i realized i cant. Feel free to message me if you like!

Straight vitamin e oil. Only thing that helped my son

My baby was switched to nutramigen formula and it helped but his Dr prescribed seems smooth oil…AMAZING!! Now I just use it for a couple days with a flare up…definitely getting better with age…my son is 2 now

If its eczema try Crisco. Its messy but I used it on my boys before bed and put their pajamas on. I also used all free and clear for laundry detergent and dove sensitive skin body wash. I cut out all lotions. Also be sure to check that it’s not a fungal rash. In that case you’ll need athletes foot powder and vaseline

Oatmeal baths!! I promise they’re the best thing since sliced bread :clap:

1 Like

I bath my son in niveno oatmeal bath and once he is out i lather him in a dermi lotion and let him air dry. Its the only thing thats worked on him in three years

In case none of the above works know that as a baby I had extreme eczema and nothing worked. As I got older it faded away, I still have flare ups but normal lotions and eczema lotion helps me. So it could be something baby just needs to grow out of. DOES NOT MEAN THIS IS FOR EVERY BABY

Get a prescription for derma smoothe eczema oil, it works wonders!

This is what I used for my son who had it so bad his skin was bleeding. A plastic surgeon recommended this and I got it. With in a week his skin was a million times better.

Water makes my son’s worse, we had to not just cut out soaps but reduce bath times as well

1 Like

Allergies are one thing that will cause it, formula may need to be changed

Heat will always make it worse! My daughter had it on her back when she was a year old. Doc prescribed her a cream (I don’t remember the name :disappointed: ) but it helped! She grew out of it and hasn’t had it since. She is 9 now.

Goat milk soap and coconut oil. Worked like a charm.

My daughter gets flare ups especially when it’s hot. We tried all the creams her Dr gave us and finally we found relief…she uses Aquafor and Aloe. She rubs aloe on the areas that are bothering her and she feels relief. She has hers pretty bad too, her neck, her legs and arms, she hates wearing sleeveless tops because of it :pensive: and also on her face, it gets really dry.

Aveno baby products and Eucerine lotion/cream

My mom use to have it on her legs her dr told her to mix Nivea cream and cortisone cream together…it worked. And maybe try the aveeno products…good luck…I know your lo has to be miserable…

Baby oil or coconut oil about 4 drops in every bath my daughter had it and no creams helped only this

My daughter has it as well, started at 5 months she’s now 17 months. Use baking soda baths and baby Aveeno balm for eczema. Also oatmeal baths & run a humidifier at night.

My daughter had it bad. Nothing worked. A friend of mine sold Mary Kay. She told me to try some moisture lotion they had. Cleared it all up in 4 days. Start to itch use it and gone.

I use the 3 products for my daughter who is now 10. First found out she had eczema around 2 months old. It getting better the older she gets.

No soap- water is fine for washing her and clothes

We mix 10 percent hydrocortizone eucerin and edema cream. We put it on my son nightly works great also if u can take her to a indoor swimming pool or buy u a pool the chemicals will clear it up. I have had it my whole life now my son has it.

I dont know if you believe in Gods healing or not maybe you should try and get this little one annointed The Lord heal my friend from eczema she had it all over her hands

I found switching my little guys milk to nutrimagen . He is now 19 months and I switched him to lactose free products and that seems to help , also use 0.5 hydrocortisone cream for itch and eczema honey cream daily

My daughter had severe eczema growing up and still struggles with it today but now she’s 14 I can kind of help take care of it on our own one of the best things I learned is that for some reason if you use the same product it’s like it becomes resistant to it I used to switch between Eucerin Cetaphil and the Aveeno baby lotion change it up and lather them up do not bathe your baby everyday and if you absolutely have to only use soap every other day steroid cream they will provide you needs to be used exactly as directed no more no less also look into food and environmental allergies these things will trigger it if you’re living in a stressful situation stress is one of the number one causes of her eczema outbreaks just keep at it don’t give up I know it can be really hard one time I had someone call CPS on me because I thought I was neglecting her

I had the same issue with my daughter. The only thing that worked was Psorin Gel. It never came back after using it one time. Just make sure not to apply it when in direct sunlight. Because it will burn the skin.

Cetaphil, my daughter has the most severe case of eczema my pediatrician has ever seen, and I got it under control with the Cetaphil bar of soap and the Moisturizing Lotion, she showers every other day and then she covers herself in the lotion. In a thick layer, so that there is white streaks all over the skin and then put her in pjs that cover head to toe. My pediatrician is still amazed that we got it under control.

1 Like

A long time ago my son had terrible eczema. We saw a different doctor that was just filling in. She said to try butt paste. It was the absolute best thing ever!!! Worked like a charm

Don’t use fabric softener or sheets in the dryer. Sometimes they outgrow this

Try Gold Bond Eczema cream worked for my daughter after a few days of using it I noticed it getting better, oatmeal baths at night then put some Eczema cream on. Also pat dry the eczema infected areas after bath time.

Aquaphor! It’s amazing

Trs detox…gets all of the impurities out and let’s them heal properly.

Both of my son’s have eczema and the trick that has worked is, Dr. Bronner’s Castille soap for bath. You dilute it so it lasts. I use a little sample body wash container and do quarter dr bronners and water and then after bath as a lotion, coconut oil. He had one eczema spot by his knee that was raw and bleeding and it has pretty much healed. This method has been more successful for me than anything else and we tried a lot. Also check for possible allergies such as milk allergy if the baby is on formula. ( i tried aquaphor, cetaphil, aveeno baby, oatmeal baths and none worked) Honest brand baby products were pretty good but the Castille Soap was the best

Beta creme. Demand it from dr. Or moo goo. Google it online. Its magic

Find s Norwex consultant in your are and order a body cloth infused with silver. Wash with water only and order the body butter. Several consultants testified how it healed their children’s eczema.

Triamcinolone topical ointment not cream ask the doctor for it take her bath and lather it on relieves itching and take care of the blemishes as well

Vanicreama rn zyrtec daily. And robathol bath oil off Amazon with every bath. Worked wonders for my son.

Get her a dermatologist appointment

1 Like

Arbonne diaper rash cream, we even use it on psoriasis clients. Works amazingly!
Kyrabriand.arbonne.com

Hanuka honey brilliant x

My mother used something called tarquinor on me and that was the only thing that ever worked. A doctor friend told her about it. It smelt like tar but worked.

Use epimax bath oil. Oil her body then only rinse her off. Not long in water. Then rub epimax cream. Use only the clear glycerine soap

We just went thru this with my 4 month old. We went to a dermatologist and they put her on a cream and an allergy medicine. It cleared up in 4 days.

Emu oil or raw shea butter

Breast milk works wonders

Doctors should give her some form of cream to help.
Other than that, Oilatum is really good for the Bath, childs farm products are great and also aveeno cream is good x

Get an prescription for hydrocortisone ointment (not cream) from your DR it clears up in a week ( had to do this for my LO starting at 2 months )

Get allergy testing done and try cutting out out common allergens like dairy,eggs, and/or gluten

1 Like

Dont bathe her every day, every other or ever 2 days Next step is allergy testing. That’s where we’re at now. (19 mos)Hang in there !

We use cetaphil bar soap for our little guy and aveeno eczema lotion

I used to have severe painful eczema on my hands, I was on a steroid spray for a long time but it was too expensive ($75 a bottle) so I switched to this and it works wonders. It is a bit greasy but a little goes a long way and it’s fragrance free and helps so much! I got mine at Walmart but I’ve also seen it at CVS and Target in the baby section.

Oatmeal baths. Ucented everything including lotions, body wash, laundry soap, hand soap etc. Make sure your towels that she uses are washed in unscented soap. We always used “All” free and clear. Aquaphor lotion worked well. Also I’ve recently heard of a cream called “eczema honey” it’s worth a try. If all else fails take her to a dermatologist.

I sell all natural products and the skin releif one I sell is what I use for mine and it healed up within a week.

I use the Gold Bond Eczema lotion. After a week, I noticed a big difference.

Worked on my daughter

We use coconut oil in the bath water itself. She washes with black soap or other similar soaps. Then keep her skin moisturized after bath. Works for us.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to treat eczema? - Mamas Uncut

Bath less, it’s irritates skin. Use eczema bath products like dove or aveeno and lotion with those products after every night

Probably eczema. My granddaughter had it. It looked like a rash too.

I used HEMP lotion and it healed in a couple of days!!

2 Likes

Sounds more like strep rash …

… If it’s eczema, eczema is caused by an allergy. Have you tried any new foods?? Or notice it gets worse when eating a certain food?? New laundry soap??

Review her diet. Somethings can be triggered from the inside.

aveeno baby Eczema cream works good

My daughter had eczema, but also has a peanut allergy, and asthma. They all go together. You could check for food allergies, she had her eczema since she was a newborn. We only happened to fine the food allergy on accident.

If eczema, DO NOT use anything scented. I love Vanicream from Amazon for my eczema.

Tubby Todd all over cream is the best! It is a little expensive but worth the money!

My daughter has eczema. Dont use scented products. Pure soap . I also bath her once a week in paraffin liquid mixed with glycerin for 20 minutes. This was recommended by the dermatologist. Be careful of strong cortisone creams. It tends to thin the skin .

We use this soap from Walmart called eczema bar with Shea butter. Within a couple of days my kiddos are cleared up. I make them wash with it every other day. And use eczema cream as well to help with the itching

Glycerine soap and aqueous cream or E42

I recently used witch hazel on my daughters eczema 2-3 times daily and it cleared up within a few days, aloe vera also helps with dry eczema. She has sensitivity to laundry detergents, fabric softeners, etc. We only use Original Tide and April Fresh Downy and they work well. She also only showers every other day, too much showering can aggravate her eczema. I also believe a lot of milk causes hers to flare up too so maybe cut back on dairy.

We use Aveeno body wash and lotion that says eczema on it.

I suffered for years steroid cream constantly. I bought some double base cream/gel from the chemist & within 2 weeks my skin was clear. I’ve had no steroid of 3 months best thing I’ve ever used. Greesy stuff made it worse can’t use e45 nwt like that xx

We use cortisone 10 for eczema on my 1 year old. It heals it within 2 times of applying

You need to take your child to the doctor… and get their advice.

That is not eczema. Eczema is dried scaly like skin. If it is eczema, scented products are a no go as well as bubble baths. I use anything that’s “dermatologist approved”. I would take your kiddo to the pediatrician to make sure it’s not an allergy or strep rash. If the bumps are raised, it could be scarlet fever caused my strep.

You can buy collodial oatmeal lotion at Sprouts 2%. Or aquaphor works well