How to wean from the pacifier?

How do you wean a toddler form the pacifier? she keeps stealing it from her baby brother and i dont wanan upset her as she is already jealous of baby

12 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to wean from the pacifier? - Mamas Uncut

Just throw them away and don’t buy anymore :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I put bbq sauce on my daughters she gagged and never touched it again :joy:

2 Likes

Introduce something else to help her soothe.
A new baby doll. Play a game.

2 Likes

She’s a toddler. Just because she’s a big sister doesn’t mean she has to give up her dummy

5 Likes

If she’s not potty trained it sounds like a good time to start because she’s a big sissy now! She can throw away all her pacifiers or “donate them to a baby in need” and then pick out her big girl panties at the store!

1 Like

Just take it away. It only takes a couple days then they don’t ask anymore

3 Likes

My son was so hard to get off the nook. I actually tried everything n what worked was I took them all n cut the actual sucky part off. He was looking for his nook n I brought it to him n he tried to suck it lol, he brought it to me n said no more sucky mom. Yuck n he threw it in the trash. Thank God​:heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

My girl was soothed with hers & gave it up on her own after she was 3. It isn’t hurting her & normal to regress with a change like a new baby. Let her have her own & baby has their own for now.

1 Like

I had both kids have a binky for awhile. It didn’t hurt, I also did a binky fairy she took binky and left the fairy, it was a bear with wings. You got to see what works for them.

1 Like

Cut it she will lose interest

I saw a friend post on fb cut lemon in half run dummy onto it

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning627.pages.dev/

1 Like

I started telling my kids when they were 2 that when they turned 3 that it was time to give them up. At 3, they threw them away. I wouldn’t push the issue since you have a baby, your child will be fine

2 Likes

l get paid over $ 190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 20935 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://dollarinfopaid152.pages.dev/

1 Like

Never used them, hate them

2 Likes

I just took it away. Throw them all in the trash and never bought new ones. It was rough at first, but after a few days all my kids were fine.

Good luck honey… that was one hard habit to break for both of my babies. It was like their drug lol. Right when I thought we finally did it they come up with one they had stashed away :joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning668.pages.dev/

Replace it with Chewlry.
My 3yo son is an oral sensory seeker, and he I would give him his chewlry necklace.

2 Likes

Frozen fruit. Sweet treat vs. plastic. Peach slices, whole berries, banana pops…

Frida Baby has a weening system you can try
FridaBaby Paci Weaning System https://a.co/34jlyO4

Did anyone even read the question? It’s her baby brother’s pacifier and she keeps stealing it.

How old is she? My daughter, with help from my husband and I, self weaned at 17 months. We started taking it away during the day, she would get it for bedtime. One night I put her to bed and forgot to grab the binkie. She slept all night without it, and we never gave it to her again. As for taking it from her bother I have no advice

My daughter had been weaned from hers for over a year when her brother was born. When she stole his pacy, I would take it back and say “that’s for babies! You’re a big girl now. And big girls get to (insert thing she loves to do)” and then I would redirect her to play with something. After a while she would leave it alone

1 Like

Don’t give them one! My kids nor grandkids never had them

Aside from not using a binky at all
Just take them away. From both of the of kids… I don’t believe in the binky.
Bad for the teeth and and promotes an overbite. And doest help the child learn to self sooth.

1 Like

Mine were clear of them before a year old. Infants lose pacifiers all the time, parents are always having to replace them. At 9 months, I stopped replacing them. Had about 2-3 rough nights, then they were completely forgotten and never a problem again.

She is stealing it from the baby! Does anyone read anymore?

Idk how old your baby is, but I took them away at 9-10 months old. My 3yo, whose potty trained, started stealing them and I told him if he wants to act like a baby, I’ll put diapers on him again and he can be treated like a baby. He didn’t like that.

You need to wait and wean both. Only way is out of sight out of mind. Reward her for being big sister. Try to only let each use while sleeping/napping. We had to with nephews older one was stealing them and hiding all for himself but also chewing them witch is also dangerous for both.

I took all four of mine away before they turned a year.
Talk to your older child and tell them that the baby need his bink bc he’s little. She’s a big girl now and doesn’t need one.

Maybe tell her she’s a “Big Girl” and big girls don’t use pacifiers. Idk how old she is or if she would understand but maybe try to reward her if she doesn’t take it for so many hours/days/weeks…whatever time frame would work for you. I know my daughter always wanted to be a big girl and not referred to as a baby…good luck Mama!!!

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18657 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning762.pages.dev/

If she is under three I wouldn’t rush to take it just yet. Usually they will wean themselves from it. And like you said she’s having jealousy issues right now.

I had my daughter walk out to the trash can with me on trash day, had her put them in the trash can and say goodbye, then when the trash collectors showed up, we watched and said goodbye again.
When I was a child, my aunt took all of mine and cut them up in front of me.
So there is a couple of options for you