How was flying with your toddler?

Did flying with a toddler (lap child under 2yrs) go smoother than expected for you or was it a little hectic? We fly tomorrow with our 18mo son. He doesn’t love sitting still obviously lol. If it’s hectic I know it is what it is and just to roll with it but I’m just curious your experience?

3 Likes

I flew with my 18 month old and made the mistake of not bringing a stroller…so he walked or I carried him which was exhausting.
He had his own backpack and I filled it with tons of things to do so he was pretty good for the plane ride itself. I also managed to fly on a semi empty flight so he actually got to sit next to me each time. But snacks, water bottle, activities!

Headband headphones, watched Ms Rachel, toys, snacks, sleep

We flew with our 19 month old at the time. It was so well. The people who sat next to us even told us how amazing he did.

I brought him some 3D stickers. He played with those majority of the 3 hour flight. I also had him watch Ms. Rachel.

And don’t forget to ask for a photo in the cockpit with the pilot!

Flying with a small child is never a great experience, however if you bring activities, snacks and something like a lollipop to suck when the plane is descending it makes it slightly better