How was your first period after stopping the pill?

So, I just started the combination pill this past month, which I’ve never taken. Yesterday was my last “active” pill… I’m not sure what to expect when I get to the last week and I’m having severe anxiety about it I haven’t had an actual period in about 3-4 years now and I’m super nervous. I’m not entirely sure what I’m asking for really, just maybe some other people’s experience with what to expect this first period? Will my period start that first day?

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How was your first period after stopping the pill? - Mamas Uncut

I get mine on day three of inactive pills faithfully

1 Like

Your period will probably start 2 or 3 days into the “inactive” pills and it may be heavier than what you’ve experienced in the past.

I got mine 3 days after stopping and from what I remember it was alot

Call your doctor the nurse can answer those questions.

Hi hun,
Everyone will be different, but for me when I started the pill my period started around 3 days in to the ‘inactive’ pill and was light. Some people may get a little break through bleeding or some irregular periods while your body gets in to its own settled cycle.
There is heaps of info online about the pill, look for the health based websites for more accurate information. I also use an app to keep track of if I have taken my period and take any notes if something is out of whack so that I can talk to the doctor if needed.

Mine always starts the first day of my next active pack. Some women eventually stop having them all together too once they’ve been on them a bit.

What pill I’m confused