How was your second birth if your first was traumatic?

The first was like yours. The second was a planned c-section and it went smoothly, was awake and felt no pain during the procedure. My First and second were 5 years apart.

I myself had a pretty horrible traumatic 1st birth but since we went in to my 2nd birth knowing what we knew from my first, everything was planned. We had to do a c section and it was super smooth. Even healing was so much better.

I had a problem too with my first but had 3 more and no problems.

Horrid birth, quit after that.

My first born was 28 hr’s I was crazy my second born was 11hr’s much better!

Worse. More painful. Stomach and back labor, epidural didn’t work. Baby was face up.

My first child was breech, having turned from the proper position at my OB visit the day before. In doing so, he punctured the sac, so I was leaking amniotic fluid at 36w, 4d, which led me to a C-Section. Two and a half years later, my first daughter was born V-BAC, as was a subsequent daughter two years later. Weigh the pros and cons, but there are no guarantees. What I can promise is you will be listed as a high risk, so the medical team will be well prepared, for whatever may come. Best of luck to you!

Each birth is different I think. My hardest delivery was my fourth child ( you think my body would have known what to do by then.

My 1st pregnancy was a nightmare. I developed hyperemisis and was on home IVs w/glucose and unable to eat from 3 months to 7 months. When it came to the day of birth…my doctor was away in China on vacation. So I had another Doctor deliver my son…admitted later he did not read my charts to see that the placenta was attached to scar tissue from a previous uterine surgery. The doctor tore open my uterus and I hemorrhaged to death…flatlined for 2 min. 2 years later I was having major complications from the adenomyosis, endometriosis, and large fibroids that developed from the damage he caused. When it came time to discussing having another child, my original doctor put it simply. It is 50/50 chance that you or the baby would survive, but that it was my choice to try for another or have a hysterectomy. I chose to have a hysterectomy instead. I was blessed with one child and I needed to be around to raise and be present for that child. My wants and desires to have another baby went out the window from that day forward. I told myself that if I truly wanted another child then there is always the option to adopt.

Nearly died with my first…second one was a breeze and the 3rd I needed 3 blood transfusions .2 before birth and one after and the placenta had to be surgically removed and I threw up on every contraction making it impossible to control the pain…never again :joy:

Yep. My first one I was toxemic and it was missed, 2nd and 3rd I had separation of the symphysis pubis. Would do it all again.

Well my first pregnancy and birth was dangerous d had complications extremely long birth. My second haven’t had the birth yet but pregnancy soooo much easier

Yes, the second one was a breeze for me

I did with my 3rd and my doctor said that if I were to get pregnant again chances are it would be worse. Well I almost died so there is no worse than death.

1st one was bad was in the hospital for a long time. With my 2nd one was a lot better.

My first was traumatic due to my baby almost dying. I went on to have 4 more children and nothing traumatic like the first. My 2nd was actually the easiest birth of them all.

My first was very very very bad, baby almost died I almost died, bit second one was just fine 10 pounder c-sec but fine

My first one was very easy. My second was a nightmare. I was in labor for a month. They would stop it and it would start up again. Then he got stuck in the right side pelvic regeion and kept hitting the bone. Dr. Walk in yelled at the Nurses 19 hrs later 1 C section 4 days in hosp recovery home 12 wk recovery. Healthy. You never know how a pregnancy is going to go. But since you had a bad time your Dr. Will watch you close. Have to have faith and trust.

I didn’t have a traumatic experience with the first one, but, I was in labor for over 30 hours. My second however…took a little over 2 1/2 hours from the time my water broke until he made his arrival. Every pregnancy is different. Trust your doctors. Raise all concerns with them and let them explain to you what will happen every step of the way. If you truly want another child, don’t let fear keep you from being the mama you want to be :slightly_smiling_face:

I also had a traumatic first birth and nearly died But I had 4 more after that and they were all a piece of cake I think all births are different really