How would it make you feel if your husband went out every weekend?

Why can’t you go too lol

1 Like

Have you actually talked to him? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but men are not mind readers. People in general aren’t mind readers, although some try, it’s not really a skill that you should base the marriage happiness meter off of. You need to tell your husband that you want to go too. You need to tell your husband that maybe you’d like to have a weekend out with the girls, etc. It’s not a crime to want time to yourself away from the kids, but I will tell you right now, he doesn’t just “not think about you” to hurt your feelings or be mean or controlling-he doesn’t think about it because you haven’t brought it to his attention that it’s a problem. People don’t fix a sink that isn’t leaking; the same with relationships. If they don’t know it’s broken they aren’t going to see a problem with it, therefore, kindly (this is important) kindly use your words to express to him how you feel, what you’d like and ask that he start including you in weekend plans; if you can’t find a sitter, maybe suggest inviting everyone over for a BBQ or something that includes everyone? Just a thought. Just remember, if you corner someone and accuse them of doing something that you assume they are doing they aren’t going to receive it very well. I also suggest working on your communication with your husband, you could have a really neat thing going on here if you did! Good luck.

2 Likes

Why hasn’t he invited you along since other guys are bringing their spouses? Ask him.

6 Likes

There are husbands out there that don’t know how to be husbands and treat a wife with love and respect. No one taught them while they were growing up----they’re clueless.

3 Likes

Get a sitter and go with .

6 Likes

I used to go out, and would even go out of town with my friends, while my partner stayed home with the kiddos. If we both wanted to go out, the kids would go my parents, or his. I was a sahm for a long time, so I took time out for me …
If you don’t want to stay home, dont. There is no rule that says you have to be at home alone, with the kids all the time. You very easily could start to resent everything in your life.

1 Like

Why cant you go? Not sure how old your children are but can they bowl? Maybe tell him you would like to do it as a family? I dont get if his friends spouse is there why your not🤔 i am going on 18yrs with mine… Good luck my friend. Sounds like you guys have some talking to do to see why?? About a lot

1 Like

Is this a bowling league/ tournament? Or just for fun?

Every one deserves time. Whether for themselves, to unwind/relax, peace and quiet, whatever. They don’t need it every single weekend, especially if the family isn’t getting quality time together.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t happen in my home . Period .

1 Like

If I’m gonna take care of the kids myself I’m just gonna go ahead and be a single mom! I’ve learned from experience and I’m not begging anyone for anything! If with his friends is where he wants to be when he’s got free time then by all means …be with them… not even mad… But I promise you won’t ever catch me sitting home wondering what he’s doing. He’ll get home and have to pay the sitter and be wondering where TF his wife went! Me and my husband go out together and have a great time…but he would never leave me home with the kids while he’s out having fun … I mean I wouldn’t mind if he did every now n then bc we all need a little fun but he won’t… not even if I tell him 100 times that it’s ok and he should go.

4 Likes

Is there a reason why can’t you go too?
He needs to remember he’s a married man with children not single

1 Like

If you’re not able to do the same that’s not fair and of he never makes an effort to set up a sitter so you can go with him that’s rude.

Get a babysitter and go with him

1 Like

Get you a sitter and get have your some fun girl…life is to short

1 Like

If he went out so would I.

1 Like

The people saying. Uh just go out with him.
If he’s doing this EVERY weekend… just being invited once or going Isn’t the point… he knows what he’s doing and thinks it’s okay. Weekends for working ppl is for family and SOMETIMES socializing with friends. He didn’t make a family with them. So why is he ditching his EVERY weekend.
I’ll never understand ppl with that mind set.

6 Likes

Don’t be afraid to tell him how you feel he probably feels like you don’t care if you come or not because if you haven’t said anything he doesn’t know. Just have a conversation with him.

1 Like

I’d surprise him at bowling one night one night. Get a sitter and show up!

3 Likes

Find yourself a babysitter…and get back in to life…if these buddies are bringing their other half’s …it’s game on…if your still not welcomed to attend…then his up to no good…don’t be held bondage by having children…there are babysitters…get started…and by the way…if your still not invited…show up in the shadows and watch…be that fly on the wall and see what your man is really up too.

2 Likes

Why is he with other men that are with their spouses & he leaves you home??? That’s BS.

8 Likes

He would no longer be my husband

1 Like

My first X husband did that !!!

1 Like

Other spouses are going? Find a babysitter. Maybe he is clueless.

2 Likes

He can have a cigar .2 miles from our home in the winter alone once every month or 2 :joy:we have been together 16 wonderful years

In other words you are the domestic dream, you run the home and kids, and also allow the man to recreate all the leisure time alone and he gets to spend all the disposable income on himself absent of family, there are mail order brides paying off their smugglers who get treated better than you

10 Likes

Like he was looking for “the one”

When we lived near a city, I went out one weekend a month. He went out sometimes but I took my Fri or Sat night. Lol
Every weekend would be a problem. So, make plans, every other weekend or one a month, get a sitter & go. Don’t tell him. Just makes plans. If he gets to talking breezy, put him in his place.
You will get treated how you allow.
Stop allowing it.

5 Likes

Ask him to sit during the weekdays for you to go out , do hobbies see friends etc

1 Like

Why don’t you go with? Go mingle and be apart of the fun :blush::revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

That just wouldn’t happen!!

2 Likes

I would not be happy about that!!!
I would have to voice my unhappy feelings!
He needs to grow up and be a responsible husband and parent
or leave the house!

1 Like

You shouldn’t be afraid to ask your husband for more time. Why are you afraid? It’s not like you’re asking him to never go again. He can shave out a weekend for his wife once a month. That’s bare minimum, and if he can’t do that there’s a problem.

3 Likes

Doesn’t sound like he’s got any interest in growing up and being a family man. When someone shows you where you rank in their lives believe them.

3 Likes

Why don’t you make plans? I don’t give my husband an option. I make plans and say “I have plans this day/night so you have to watch the kids”. Never ask to have freedom, you need your time for yourself as well so you don’t feel alone when he’s not home. As for him being out every weekend I’d have a serious talk about quality time with his wife.

3 Likes

Drop the kids at bowling :bowling: and go away for a week. He will stay home more often.

2 Likes

Get a babysitter, he would be sitting his butt at home with me and not running all over town while I sit at home that’s total BS.

I would leave the house before he had a chance to leave…stay out and see what he does/says…

4 Likes

It wouldn’t happen because I wouldn’t allow it. If you wanna act like a bachelor I’ll make you one. :smirk:

8 Likes

Sweetie- put your foot down - it took 2 from the start - the kids are learning - right now and always from their parents. How your relationship as parents, couple, friends, your team- is how they(your babies) will shape their relationship. The four corners of a good relationship is trust, accountability, responsibility and loyalty- this is made stronger with communication. :heart::rose::v:t4:

1 Like

You have to say something. My husband goes out quite often and leaves me at home with the kids. Mind you I’m currently pregnant and stay at home with our youngest all day till one of our oldest is out of school. I get lonely, and at wits ends. I finally told him how it makes me feel and we had a talk about it and things have been much better since.

4 Likes

How much longer till league is over ?? If he’s NOT on a team, then make plans for YOUR weekend off. Go for a weekend spa date. Let him know. Then GO !!!

3 Likes

Walk. That’s bullshit. My husband quit bowling for me.

why cant you go too?

4 Likes

I would go with him or get a sitter and go out and do my own thing.

3 Likes

Have you sat him down & told him this ?
Schedule a girls night out with a friend or 4 or a weekend get away for **YOU & inform him (do not ask!!!) that he has kid duty if he refuses get a sitter & go anyway !! … Go have fun with the girls or go relax by yourself … He’s being a completely selfish A$$ !!!

Selfish as, where’s your time out??

2 Likes

my ex was like that ! thats why hes an ex

Let him have some fun. If anything, ask him if he can change it to every other weekend so you can have the other weekends to go out. Or sit down and talk to him about making a plan for him to be home one weekend to have a family fun weekend.

Get a babysitter and go out with the girls… or him…get a job to have your own money :woman_shrugging:t2: don’t blame your husband.

1. Get a sitter.
  2. When he is ready to go, you grab your purse and say “the sitter will be here in 5. Im going to”
  3. If he hesitates one bit to take you or he changes plans etc

Dump him.

2 Likes

All I have to say is “Hell No”.

Hire a babysitter and go with!

Why aren’t you going with him? Why not ask to go with him, find a sitter to go with or find a sitter to go find out what’s really going on…
There’s nothing wrong with going out and having fun every single weekend IF you’re single and have no children… IMO there is definitely something fishy going on…

Oh please let the man go have his time. If you want some time find a damn babysitter…

Wouldn’t give a f* he do him you should do you! What you afraid of… Trust and even if he cheats you should still do you cheat or not because he still coming home. You should worry about him when he says he be gone for business and don’t call and don’t come home, only on weekdays, all the weekend of the month or every year. Space and Freedom