How would you handle this parenting schedule?

If you were to do a 3,3,4,4 schedule for custody what does would you switch the kids to have a full weekend? So far we do not get a full weekend for either of us. I get them Sunday-Wednesday then he has them Wednesday-Saturday then I’d have them Saturday-Wednesday then he has them Wednesday-Sunday and he brings them around 8-9am. I can’t change the 3,3,4,4 as that is a court order but it’s up to us to figure out the days we switch.

5 Likes

Monday Tuesday
Thursday Friday
If you have them weekend , he has them Wednesday. And vice versa.

2 Likes

Start your week on Mondays.

My ex and I did a 2-2-3 to start. Monday/Tuesday, Wednesday/Thursday, Friday-Sunday, switch. When she started school we found it easier to have set days of the week so Mon/Tues are always mine, Wed/Thurs are always his, and we alternate Fri-Sun

Also, can you change time that you drop off? We drop off at 5pm so the person giving up kids on Sunday has got a full weekend.

1 Like

We do:
Week 1: Wednesday-Friday
Week 2: Wednesdays -Monday morning

We do week on week off. So we each get him for a week. Works out great for us.

Talk to him, if you have somewhere to take kids ask him and then give him something in return like next weekend he has them. But have all in messaging so you have record of it in case problems arise

You can set your own parenting time schedule and do not have to do what court normally does. Mine is every 11 days with one overnight visit with normal holiday schedule. That’s what the dad wanted. I said I’ll do the normal parenting schedule which is every Wednesday and alternating weekends with normal holiday schedule. He couldn’t do this since a truck driver and we set up our own.