Husband said something terrible to me while he was drunk

Sound like he is overwhelmed and has regrets. Suggest marriage counseling. If he doesnt want to go, you have your answer.

1 Like

He shouldn’t have to apologize for the way he feels anymore than you should apologize for being hurt
Men are allowed to have relationship and parenting doubts
They’re human just like us

2 Likes

Definitely talk about it now, I dealt with similar thing many years ago, and now divorced after 19 years of marriage…their filter is non existent when drinking, and yes drunken words are sober thoughts…be very careful and don’t let this go without discussing it at length

1 Like

When ur drunk that’s when the truth comes out

The drunk truth is THE TRUTH.

Alcohol is not truth serum but it is mind altering so maybe he is stressed and scared and this is how it came out tell him how you feel don’t be over dramatic just a quiet conversation if you get to upset about it maybe he will to and it could turn into something more that it needs to be

Sorry but drunken mind is NOT always sober thoughts… that’s why people wake up and realize they are next to a fugly person they wouldn’t get with sober😂 I would just talk to him!! He’s allowed to be scared. Life is SCARY.

Anything said between 10 and 2 is bullshit… also

Maybe he is just nervous about the new baby which is normal! It’s absolutely not ok for him to say it like that. The alcohol probably didn’t help his emotions and it came out wrong. He could have at least apologized and tried to make you feel better about it. Talk to him let him know it upset you. Ask him if he would like to talk about the baby coming and anything he may be feeling.

Yea I would leave now

No drunken words do not speak sober thoughts. Because we all have all kinds of thoughts. And not every thought represents what we really think. So he is having nerves and second thoughts. That makes him human. Don’t fault him for being human.

Tellhim what he said if there is no remorse leave shits not worth it

Does he frequently forget things that he’s said when he’s drunk?

In Spanish we say two types of people tell the truth drunks and kids

In the future be aware of his actions as well as his words when sober or drunk🥴
If you see a pattern (negative or positive) developing prioritize yourself and children accordingly. Keep the lines of communication open so you’re both on the same page as to how this relationship will continue. Good luck