I am 2 1/2 months pregnant and super tired...advice?

I am so tired! I don’t even have much to feel tired about. I’m currently approximately 2.5 months pregnant with my second. My first is 8.5 so she’s pretty independent. I only work 3 days a week and I have a husband who works full time. We are still struggling and broke but I am getting major nausea and exhaustion with this pregnancy. I feel like I can’t even work like this . I don’t know what to do, I feel like I am just being extremely lazy, but that’s what my body is telling me it needs. However the guilt is real… I’m currently in my car at work because I was so tired I needed to lay down. I’ve only been here for 2 hours. Does anyone have any advice? Should I listen to my body and just go home again? Should I stay and try to tough it out? I’m so confused and sick and tired.

3 Likes

I remember those days. For me, I saved my “go home” passes for days I felt I couldn’t survive. It will pass, and you’ll get your energy back but those days are long. Hang in there mama.

I don’t know how women work if they have hard pregnancies . I was so deathly ill with each of mine I had to quit my job with the first one . I never went back to work for 17 years! I lost 20 pounds with each of my boys and was on home health care and IV fluids . It was not easy for sure ! I wish you loads of luck :four_leaf_clover:! Rest ad much as you can

Eat a good breakfast before work. Take your lunch to work. Eat on your first break and second break. Sleep on your lunch in your car.

That’s what I did.

I’d get checked to see if you need any replacement fluids ect if your being sick alot, growing a human is hard, do you have any holidays days you can take? Maybe take a couple weeks off? Eat little and often, I had to eat something every 2 hours to help me with my sickness and nausea xx

Stick it out and be grateful u have a job.theres ppl like me with degrees and no job in south Africa

1 Like

A cup of coffee if you need the pick me up. I’d tough it out but when you get home, take a break. Maybe go to bed early tonight if you work tomorrow. You got this.

I was sick and tired for 3 months. Your building a human…that’s hard work!

Your body is working super hard in the first trimester. I would come home from work and just immediately fall into bed until the next morning. Once your body is done with the many pregnancy adjustments it’s initiating you will get your energy back for the second trimester.