I am 7 weeks pregnant and started spotting: Advice?

I’m currently pregnant with my second child, seven weeks along. I started spotting this morning. It was brown and not a lot. I called my doctor’s office, and they said as long as it’s not bright red, and I’m not cramping, then I’m fine. It is now turning redder. Still not a lot, not transferring to my panties, only when I wipe. Should I be concerned? Should I go to the hospital? I’m a nervous wreck because I struggle to get pregnant, and I’ve also never experienced this before.

4 Likes

Keep your doc posted, but I had similar at 6 weeks and it stopped within a few days and everything is fine - 14 weeks today :slight_smile: color change is one thing but if you start getting much heavier bleeding and cramping, that is not so good - so just keep your doc informed and keep your head up high :slight_smile:

Could be implantation spotting. If you are not having cramps, no bright red blood, and very little you are probably fine. But check with your Dr to be safe

I had a hemorrhage in my uterus, that caused bleeding, I had a lot of anxiety and ultrasounds. I have my anatomy scan next week :blush: stay positive! Maybe it’s nothing, it could also be implanting(that’s what caused my hemorrhage, or one of them.)

Have you had a first appt? And it’s normal. I’m on my 5th pregnancy and I had my first apt and I spotting for a little after that

as someone with a history of hemorrhaging spotting is normal at the beginning of a pregnancy. Keep an eye on it and if you’re concerned at any point dont hesitate to contact your doctor. I’m currently pregnant with my 4th and I was going through a pad every hour and went to the hospital to be on the safe side. After all their tests the discovered that an old csection scar had tore alittle and was bleeding. I had to take it easy for a few weeks then the spotting stopped. I was 9 weeks when it happened. I’m 23 weeks now and I haven’t had any spotting since I was 13 weeks.

I bled until I was 12 weeks and it scared me…but now he is 2 years old, so don’t worry too much!!

1 Like

I had it with my twin and singleton pregnancy…was sch…cleared on its own and no issues…scary I know! Good luck!

I’ve had this in two of my successful pregnancies, occasional spotting but did not effect the baby at all.

I did have an early miscarriage and that was very very obviously different. Like the period from hell.

I’m pregnant with twins I’ve had two sch just bedrest and pelvic rest

Some spotting after an exam or sex can be normal. Idk if you’ve had anyone poking around in there lately lol

You should stay off your feet as much as possible and elevate your legs. Try and take it easy as hard as that is with a child lol.

1 Like

Sounds like implantation bleeding. It’s normal. I experienced it.

You may need a rhogam injection if bleeding continues. I had to get this between 6-8 weeks with both pregnancies! First they will need to draw your blood to see if your antibody is positive or negative

I had this with my first. It might just be more implantation bleeding. Which is normal. If it gets heavier or is paired with pain, contact ur Dr asap.

1 Like

It might be nothing to worry about!! Though my miscarriage started that way unfortunately:(

1 Like

Implantation bleeding is very normal around this time from growing placenta

Spotting is pretty common, but if you start cramping get checked asap. I spotted 25 yrs ago with twins and most recently one of those twins started spotting/cramping from a tubal pregnancy that transferred to uterus. Rarely do they survive.

I had some spotting when I first got pregnant with my last child and then again when I was 4 months which was caused by a subchoronic hemorrhage it was a lot of bleeding and it scared me to death but luckily I have a beautiful 4 yr old but I would definitely keep your Dr informed or go to the ER if bleeding becomes bright red and heavier. Also when I was pregnant with my 2nd one I noticed I had some bleeding when I only went to the bathroom and found out it was kidney stones which are actually common during pregnancy.

I have a little bleeding from a hematoma in my uterus. Babys fine. I would get checked just to ease your mind

i spotted a lot during pregnancy with my daughter and everything was fine! Get checked out just in case momma if it makes you feel better! Good luck :blue_heart:

stop looking for medical advice from facebook and go to your doctor.

2 Likes

I had this with my first. I got told it was old wall blood/what would of been period blood. I went to hospital for an early scan and as was heavy and baby still fine.x

What’s your progesterone levels?