I am a single parent and pregnant again: Advice?

I had to lol because I reared 3 boys single handed…

2 Likes

you should try to figure what’s causing these pregnancies ,

7 Likes

You will have days where it’s hard and others where it’s a easy breezy. Depending on how old the other 2 are they could be helpful with little things ( never put too much on your other kids for the sake of a new baby) Plenty of single parents have made it through and you can too. Just flake sure you ah e a good support system and don’t stress the little things. Only you know what is best for you and your family so don’t listen to the jerks out there telling you to close your legs and crap. Life happens and we work with what we have have faith in yourself and stay strong

It will be hard, the love will be simple. Yes your relationship with the other kids will shift, that’s inevitable. However, they will adjust. Perhaps consider making sure you prevent against future pregnancies if you’re not sure you can handle the extra. Good luck.

1 Like

As long as you can financially afford 3 children, the rest comes naturally. Hopefully you have a good support system to help you in some form or fashion. Just remember quality time as a family is important, but also individual time with each child too.

1 Like

I think one more kid is just more love. Whatever you do for the first two, you do for them too. It’s a little hectic. Keep praying, love with all your heart and do what u can when u can.

It will be difficult just as the second was. But you found room in your heart for the second and you will find room in your heart for the third. One day at a time momma :heart:

2 Likes

Idk what y’all expect. Im so tired of seeing girls have babies so close together and then not knowing what to do about it. You chose this. Figure it out

9 Likes

You know how that happens. Use birth control. But it is what it is. You have options. Have the baby or give it up for adoption. There are many great people waiting to adopt.

1 Like

Ever hear of birth control???

3 Likes

Think it’s in water!!!

Well ah yeah it’s gonna be hard

So many mean and nasty comments. Just wow people! Happy f*cking Mother’s Day!

9 Likes

Sending you love and prayers :heart::pray: all you can do is your best ,then at least you can say you gave it your all

2 Likes

I did 4 on my own, it’s very hard and the relationship didn’t change much but mine were back to back so they weren’t really old enough to know any different, my daughter had 2 back to back then anther 8 years later and her older 2 are wonderful with their little sister and it has been a real blessing, good luck and happy mothers day

You’re going to be fine. Just love your babies to the best of your abilities and ignore nasty judgemental people. Hit me up if you need someone to talk to.

4 Likes

Honestly, if you put it out on social media what does one expect. I am a single mother of an amazing son. and my pregnancy was not planned. However, Iade sure that he came first. I can’t stand those who say I have needs too. . At what point do you think of the children you have already before deciding to not protect yourself against another? However, at the same time there are married couples who can’t support the kids they have and then don’t use birth control. I just think it’s pretty damn selfish

Some of yall are nasty.
Yes it’ll be hard. 1 kid is hard. 2 harder. 3 plus even harder. Do you have a network of people? Help?
You’ll create a new routine and get the hang of it.
Dont ever doubt yourself. Just prepare the best you can and just think of it this way, you already know what to expect from labour and delivery and the newborn stage…so you are ready to go :slight_smile:
More prepared this time than last time when it was all so new. We all have to learn.
Happy mothers day sweetheart. Dont ever doubt your self. The love of a mother runs unconditional. You’ll be amazing.

7 Likes

Have you tried closing you’re legs or swallowing? Next step adoption or abortion you pick.

11 Likes

Wishing you all the best!

If you don’t choose to have another thats also an option. Its obviously a personal one, but in the end, the ones who exist right now are top of the list, as is your physical health and mental health too.
All the best in whichever way you choose to go xx

Some of the judgemental sheit here is unbelievable!!!
This is how men speak about women, not what id expect from other women!!!
For all you know, her birtj control didn’t work or she was assaulted…
How about some REAL HELP and not fukn judgemental ahole attitudes :rage:

13 Likes

Depending how old your other kids are, maybe they can help with the baby. Hopefully your getting some sort of support for all these kids. Also if you need help ask a family or friend.

It will be hard. Being a single mother of one is tough, let alone, three. There are programs out there for single moms - take advantage of them. Pride only goes so far. Do what you need to do to get the right help.

No sugar-coated idealism from this corner.

It’s really really heartbreaking how many judgemental women are on this page. The page is literally called Journeys of a woman! And y’all are trying to shame and judge a woman yall don’t even know for her journey. Y’all are horrible examples of what a woman should be. Y’all should be ashamed of yourselves

Anything worth having is hard work. Children are the greatest gift I ever received. Please be kind to yourself and do the best you can. That’s all any of us can do. If everything doesn’t get done so what? Take care of the truly important things and let less important things go. Love all of your children and yourself. No one is perfect, you can do this. Prayers for you and your precious babies.

1 Like

Umm… what did you expect to happen? You’ll win a free turkey??? If you don’t want the child, give it to a family who CANT have kids. Then, after that… get on birth control or better yet, close your LEGS!

1 Like

Nah, I raised 5 kids…you got this girl. Sometimes we are better off alone raising our babies to become strong independent adults with good careers.

1 Like

Happy mother’s Day :bouquet:
You got this…please excuse all the nasty comments…
Yes will be a lot of changes…
Try and be prepared as possible before birth…lots of meals prepped and frozen…house clean, all laundry caught up…at least this way when you come home easier to keep up… laundry can be done everyday…easier to find 15 minutes than hours…when you do make meals make extra and freeze…for those extra busy days…
A schedule as much as possible will help…
You will figure it out…
Good luck and congratulations

1 Like

It will be hard but worth every minute x

I’m a single mom of 4 I have a 12 year olds 4 year old 2 year old and my youngest is 2 weeks old the kids are always wanting to help with baby and hold baby my 4&2 just won’t leave the baby alone lol they just love baby so much I think ur kids will be ok with baby and try be big helps and want to cuddle up with baby or try feed baby if u bottle feed but I say it’s gonna be hard but it depends on ur kids ages I was scared my 2 year old wouldn’t be ok with baby but turned out shes just how my 4 year old was when I had her I feel it turned out better then I thought

Good luck and congratulations

1 Like

This is honestly best to ask them. Bring them into the equation.

2 Likes

Seems a bit late to wonder and harder of course it’s going to be…

16 Likes

Advice…well we all know your options so that’s not the big deal as to how is your kids gonna take it? Well if their younger really wouldn’t matter to them they get happy another kiddo…as a mom of 4… absolutely can be so hard financially…physically…exhausting we all know how kiddos can be needy. If your kiddos are older give them a hypothetical of how they would feel about another sibling. Just remember this is your life your body and your kids future. I’m truly sorry babes you doing this alone. Xoxo prayers

2 Likes

Stop using the word single… U are everything but that!!! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It will be hard, but not impossible

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so. As long as you love all your kids equally and put them first it shouldn’t be an issue. Just another sibling for them to love on. In my experience my heart grew to love all my babies all wholeheartedly no matter our circumstances at the time. You got this mama :two_hearts:

It shouldn’t, kids are usually excited to help to care for their little sibling. Just talk to them early, constantly and hear them out on how they feel about this. My 2 keep bugging me for a sibling.

Stop fucking and start sucking.

13 Likes

Research birth control, please.

8 Likes

It will be a change but it 100% can always be a positive change if you make it be!

Depending on how old they are, they’ll probably adjust a lot easier than you think. Under 7ish, you most likely have nothing to worry about unless there are some cognitive issues or disabilities in the equation. From 8-11, some minor adjustments, 12 and above is where it can get rocky.

2 Likes

Is this what this page is about now

Of course another baby is going to be a major change.

2 Likes

Oh it’s going to be hard. But it won’t change the relationship unless you let it change.

It will be hard. Financially, emotionally and physically. The kids are going to get less attention. You will likely get very little time to yourself. But it is so do able. If that’s what you want you will figure it out.

3 Likes

Stop getting pregnant

9 Likes

Adding children regardless of relationship status is always tough especially when you already have children and ot will absolutely affect them but at the same time I’m sure it will be a wonderful addition to your family

1 Like

Stop lying around would be the start?

8 Likes

Keep your legs closed and you wouldn’t have a problem🤣

10 Likes

Wow some of you are really harsh. Just because shes a single mom doesnt mean shes not allowed to have fun every once in a while you dont know her life or her story. Im sure over half of you cant keep it in your pants either. Shut up!

13 Likes

Asking for advice on Facebook… LMFAO :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Talk to your children. They will follow what you do. And they will feel what they see you feel. Teach and show them love.

It is most definitely hard omg so hard I feel stressed about 90% of the time I have 3 girls 10 7 and 4. But everyday starts and ends and I love my kids I couldn’t even imagine what would be so important to work so hard for every day.

Girl do what’s best for u!

1 Like

Monday morning quarterback

I’d you have sex, aren’t in a committed relationship and he doesn’t wrap it, plan B is at most stores.

30 minutes or so of fun and now 18 years of raising a child that wasn’t planned isn’t a good risk to benefit ratio

12 Likes

I raised 3dghtrs as a Single Mom. You got this. It’s really no different that having 2. Ignore most of these comments.

8 Likes

Birth control,
Abortion,
Use protection when having sex.

7 Likes

What is it with all these off the wall questions??

3 Likes

Please be responsible and go have a tubal ligation.

10 Likes

I was an only child till I was 13 and then had an insta family plus my mom had my sister on the way. Definitely a big adjustment for me but happy I finally had a sister

One would think you would have learnt what causes pregnancy from your last two…try being a little more personally responsible then these questions dont need to be asked.

14 Likes

Parenting is never easy no matter how many you have, but I believe children are a blessing. Embrace the change it’s all how you look at it.

2 Likes

THINK TWICE BEFORE ACTING… I believe you’re no longer a kid so you would’ve known what to di after having an unprotected s*x… The deeds been done, let it not happen again

7 Likes

You don’t have to keep the baby… There are options. Not sure how this happened. If your protection didn’t work or you just… Weren’t being careful but there are options. If you decide to keep the baby yea of course it will be rocky and hard but you HAD to have known that. Just depends on what you feel you can handle

2 Likes

If you have the support system in place do what feels right. But if you struggling now, its gonna be more of a struggle in the future.
Keep in mind those children will also grow up,need space and privacy. Which means a larger house. And that costs lots of money.
Choose and abortion and put your other children’s needs. And another child, would definitely put them at a disadvantage.

4 Likes

Yes it will be hard.

So who has been lying and cheating? I can’t understand the post. What have I missed?

2 Likes

Sounds a generic post .be specific on the advice you require.right now it’s just a statement

He wouldn’t put u thru nothing you can’t handle u got this

7 Likes

Good God people are hateful when it comes to having children. You don’t know her situation, maybe she just recently became a single mother. Yall have nasty ugly hearts and should be ashamed.

13 Likes

Whats your question? Adoption or abortion?

3 Likes

Being a mom is hard period I think you will be fine only advice I have is don’t make the older kids be a baby sitter its good for them to help but let them be kids let them be siblings it will go a lot smoother

3 Likes

Y’all don’t know this girl’s situation and are telling her to get surgery, get on meds, stop having sex? What has this word come to that we have to shame people. How about offer some damn encouragement. What If she got raped, what if husband/boyfriend is a jackass and left all of a sudden or can’t be on meds for a medical reason, and why the hell tell her to have surgery when there are so many other complications to consider.
To the poster- yes it’s going to be hard. I’m sorry you’re going through this and i hope you have family to help or at least good friends. If you need anyone to talk to you can pm me. Also, therapy never hurt anyone and it’s great just to get feelings out there so you don’t explode. Take a nap when you can. Ask for help when you need it. Accept help even when you think you dont need it.

46 Likes

Don’t let any of these rude people say anything bc were I live there people who just have kids for the fun of it. (Not me) but I have 3 kids before I got married and going onto my 5th. It’s gonna be hard but take it a day at a time. Don’t let anyone get you down. Your doing what you need so there for your doing better then most people. If anything you can add me and we can always talk if you need to vent or anything. :heart:

Your kids will get used to having a new baby. Around xx

2 Likes

I’m a single mother of three children. It isn’t easy but it’s worth it. My other two help with the youngest. There’s a lot of haters here. Be strong.

Of course its going to be hard and change your relationships with your other children. But you will do what you have to if you love your babies. I would suggest helping yourself at this point though and really think about going to school if you already havent.

1 Like

It’s called preventive measures ma’am.
I wish yall would invest in either birth control or abstinence.
Da fuq

7 Likes

Buy batteries start using a toy instead

8 Likes

Oh it’s going to definitely be hard. 3 as a single parent is no cake walk. But after this pregnancy, maybe think about talking to your ob or health department for a hysterectomy/ tubes tied/ something other than what you’re doing already

4 Likes

If youre looking for advice at this stage in the game…you obviously dont listen to advice!!! :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

You got this mama! Sure you may struggle-Sure it’s scary- but in the long run, that beautiful child and your children will be everything you need and more to get through!

3 Likes

Abortion if u don’t want it or find a man that loves you and your kids

Single mom of 7 don’t worry it’s gonna be okay! The kids will love the new baby and will want to help :gift_heart:

8 Likes

At the end of the day it’s her life but at the same time this is a very public group and I wouldn’t want to ask this kinda question because she will get the answers she is getting but I have noticed a lot of interesting posts in here recently and they definitely don’t go with the title of this group just pointing some stuff out hugs :hugs:

6 Likes

Wow some of you really do have ugly hearts. How dare you reply judgemental stuff like this :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow: ? Karma’s a b*tch you’ll see, but I’m sure you’re already miserable.

13 Likes

It won’t change things any more than if you’re partnered, kids will be cool or get jealous regardless of how many parents are in the home. Lots of things are hard but it doesn’t have to be scary. You got this 3 isn’t that much more than 2. Now there’s more options for you in old age, kids will be fighting over who gets mum to look after :grin:

4 Likes

Honestly this is something only YOU can answer. If you are having to ask this question then you must have your doubts. A lot of things play into having 3 kids. How old are your other 2? Do you have a good support system? Can you financially care for another? Have you considered adoption? I have 3 kids 22, 18 and 8 I was pretty much single while raising them BUT had a great support system that helped me tremendously. I did consider adoption on my last but was married and he would not agree to it. I am also adopted. Many aspects to consider to be asking strangers opinions. Only you know the answer in your heart!

You will be just fine honey! We as mothers do whatever it takes to make a way! None of these negative comments let affect you. It’s your life. You are the one providing, paying bills, taking care of your children, not them! I am a single mother of 3. I am doing it…I am happy…my children are happy💖 Keep your head up.

To y’all saying use protection blah blah blah. I have a 2.5 year old birth control and condom baby :joy:

You got this honey

6 Likes

No. It won’t change the relationship with your kids. It’ll add to it.

You should’ve thought about that before you fell pregnant

14 Likes

oh girl don’t worry I been a single mother for 3 too they will be ok don’t stress it

3 Likes

Do you know the words birth control???

6 Likes

I’m a single parent of 5… u got this girl!

3 Likes

How old are ur kids? How close to your kids are you now? I was a single parent raising two kids on my own with my parents help. Their dads wasn’t around. I was always the black sheep of my family with my siblings but close to my mom. When I had my first two five years apart I was determined to make sure they loved each other and always put family first. Nothing came before blood with us. We were the theee musketeers. Tho my first two were five years apart they were extremely close. My son was five when his little sister was born. Now they of course fought like all siblings but trust me you better not mess with the other or their would be hell to pay. It was me and them against the world. 16 years later I had my third child, unwed, with my third baby daddy. My oldest son was upset cause I was having another child, not bcuz he didn’t want his little brother but he knew how we had struggled and he didn’t want his brother to have to go thru what we had. My daughter was excited. She became like a second mom too him. A year later came my fourth and last child still with the father of the brother before him. All four of my kids are really close. They are 29,24 today, 13 and 11. They have had their squabbles over the years but in the end it all worked out, they are family and families have each other’s backs no matter what, blood comes first. What I’m saying all this is there will be struggles but things don’t have to change dramatically. It all depends on the relationship you had before. I made my oldest two apart of everything with my younger two. My oldest son was even in the room with us when I had my 13 year old son. My daughter actually got to pick the name of her last little brother and he also has the same middle name as her just a different spelling. Just like my oldest son picked his little sisters middle name. It made them all connected even more to each other. Times wil be hard sometimes but the one thing families never do is quit on each other. Let them know that tho your having another child you love them just the same and want them to be a big part of their siblings life but as long as y’all stick together y’all got this.

Wow people are so rude and judgmental! I was in a great relationship or so I thought! Here I found out he cheated on me with a prostitute! And then found out I was pregnant not so long after that! It’s not always clear what’s going on in someone’s life! It’s not right to point or judge either when you have no idea about the situation! And yes I got pregnant on the mirena!!! Birth control isn’t always 100% you assholes!

15 Likes

I brought up 4 on my own … yes it was hard… but my oldest is a lawyer and my second oldest has her own beauty shop younger 2 are still on school … you do what you have too for your kids x