I am a step mom and feel unappreciated

If you have to wonder about his feelings for you - then you need to get out.
You work more hours then he does.
You are is maid not his companion.

1 Like

If he can’t even answer if he is staying for love or convenience then the answer is obvious…it’s convenience. Let him go n live yr life… cause right now yr living his life

5 Likes

You have been “installed” as I heard a wise woman once say. It’s convenient and comfortable for him now. You’re giving wife and mother privileges, with a girlfriend status, but from the way it sounds, you’re not even the girlfriend anymore. I’m never the one to just say break-up, but at the rate this is going, you WILL end up breaking up it will be AFTER you’ve given so much and exhausted yourself being the mother/caregiver/nurturer/chef/driver/nurse to multiple children that are not yours. Save your time, energy and efforts for the family that YOU create.

10 Likes

You are his free housekeeper and babysitter…run girl

6 Likes

Come on he needs a built in babysitter n s house maid

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be doing all that tbh. You sound more like a babysitter/maid at this point.

7 Likes

70 hours a week is a lot. Honestly he’s probably too busy to even put in the thought that you have on it.

1 Like

Girl, he’s using you as a nanny. You aren’t a maybe and you aren’t his wife but you are giving him wife privileges. Taking care of his kids and he can’t give you a resounding “please stay!” With actions that show it…. You’re getting used. Get out. Now. Before your heart gets broken worse.

4 Likes

Stop asking him.
Decide what YOU wanted and what YOU will accept.
If this won’t work for you and YOU aren’t happy, go.
If you’ve talked to him and he isn’t getting it, you already know what to do.

1 Like

You’re doing wife shit for someone who who can’t even tell you if he want to be with you. I feel like he is with you because it’s convenient for him. Get out of there and find eventually find someone who loves you and appreciates you.

Yeahhhhh you’re basically the free nanny. He’s keeping you around for the convenience part of it. Tell him that he needs to hire a nanny or put kids in daycares and you’ll see the change in him. He’ll say why pay for all that when he has you. That should be the red flag.

Just leave. :sweat_smile: Sounds like he’s using you to take care of his job with the kids.

2 Likes

Stop cooking & cleaning & errand running for a week & u will have ur answer

6 Likes

You just described life with kids.

5 Likes

He’s definitely not breaking up because then his nanny is gone. Let him worry about those things, and take care of yourself. You deserve to be and feel appreciated. That man sounds like a weasel.

1 Like

U my dear are a Convince factor. Run

I think you already know the answer to what you are asking. If you are feeling you are being used and not appreciated, then you are!!! He is using you, and you need to leave, and let him work all of this out for himself.
Don’t help him at all. Let it be his red wagon.
Don’t listen to his “please come back, and things will be different,”
sob story. As hard as it may be, you need to move on with your life!

2 Likes

Without a doubt, he’s using you.

1 Like

It seems like it’s the convenience.

1 Like

This is what happen when you date someone with children. Be single or be with somebody who doesn’t have children if you don’t want any of that responsibility.

3 Likes

Stop taking care of his kids and you will get the answer fast

2 Likes

Totally get where your coming from. I was a step mom twice. Once for 5yrs and once fir 13yrs. Being a step is way harder then being a bio mom. You get all the responsibilities but none of the rights or appreciation of a bio parent. To me it sounds like your burned out. Take a mini vacation n really look at your relationship with bf n the kids. Take a step back if need be tell BOTH bio parents your done being a babysitter n stick to it. Hugs

Just what you said your very much convenient to him!