I am anxious about giving birth early: Advice?

It really depends on the babies development. Have they checked the lung development? Medication can be given to help this if it a concern. Once you are 36 weeks you are considered full term.

Our granddaughter was 5 weeks early 24 years ago, and came home 4 days later at 4# 7 ounces. No problems. In May she had her baby 5 1/2 weeks early, and our great-granddaughter stayed in the NICU for 12 days only because her bilirubin count was too high (jaundice, a common problem for newborns.) She’s 7 1/2 months now and totally healthy and caught up in size to where she should be. You’ll do very well, I’m sure, especially with medical people keeping a close eye on all things. Congratulations!

1 was born 3 months early, weighing only 2 lbs 8oz. I am now 53. I am positive technology has improved in over 50 years. Stay positive and no not stress that I know is not good for the baby or even you.

I has 2 kids at 34 weeks (one of them 10 days ago) my son was in the NICU for 6 days until he ate enough. My daughter was born on 30 Dec 2020 and just got out of NICU today. She had to get up to eating 2 oz and make sure that she didn’t have any issues (thankfully she didn’t) but they just kept for precaution. 34 weeks is not ideal but the babies are ok. I was even taken progesterone to make sure the baby stayed in as long as they could. My babies were ready. Dont stress the baby will come when they are ready.

I walked around like that for 6 weeks with all 4 of my kids first one was 9 days early second one 7 days 3rd one on his due date the 4th one the same

I delivered at 28wks and 30 wks. Both babies were fine. One stayed in the NICU till she hit 5lbs. She was only 2lbs 3oz. This was 14 yes ago. You and baby will be fine. Don’t stress over a early delivery.

I just gave birth at 32 weeks at Tennova. My son is still in the NICU. Has been there for 12 days so far. They are great with him and he is doing so well. Just breathe and know if its time then its time.

My BFF gave birth a month ago at 32 weeks. Her baby was in the NICU for 3 weeks exactly. She has been home one week and is doing wonderfully!!!

I was head engaged and 80% effaced for 5 weeks–on on MY projected date–no problem–except he was a “conehead” which went away soon. Good luck!

My daughter was born at 34 weeks and 3 days she was 6 pounds and stayed in the nicu for 11 days before coming home!

1 Like

I had 5 children, first was born at 40 weeks 6lbs 4.5oz, second was born at 35 weeks 5lbs, 1oz, third born at 34 weeks 4lbs 8oz, fourth was born at 37 weeks 6lbs 1oz, fifth born at 35 weeks induced 5lbs 2oz. None of mine had to stay in NICU they were all healthy and went home the next day and they are 18, 14, 12, 9, and 6 now.

My son was born at 35 weeks. He was in nicu for two weeks. All babies are different though and I’ve seen babies born at 25 weeks need no nicu time.

I was induced with my youngest at 35 weeks (because of kidney issues.) He came out 6lbs 3oz and perfectly healthy. We went home 24 hours later

My granddaughter was born at 35 weeks, she was only 4 lbs. She was in NICU for a few weeks but is fine now. She missing a growth factor that makes her smaller the others her age.

My friends daughter had triplets at 32 weeks.
Stayed in NICU 4 and 6 weeks. Almost 2 now and healthy and strong. Just had to gain weight. No other complications.

Delivered twins at 35 weeks and they went to nicu but came home from hospital 1 day after me. It’s common to start dilating a little at this point. Don’t stress it and take it easy you’ll be fine

I was 2 cm at 31 weeks and made it just fine to 38 weeks. He was completely healthy at 6lbs 8oz and is now almost 4 weeks old. My oldest son was born at 34 weeks and spent 11 days in nicu but is now 16.

My daughter was born 3 weeks early and weighed 5 lbs 15oz. She was perfectly healthy and came home with me.

My youngest was 3 weeks early and a boy - i was induced he spent 1 night in nicu everything went fine

Gave birth via c section at 34 weeks. Baby was breech. Water broke naturally. Baby came out 8 pounds and had a 6 day stay in the NICU to make sure everything was fine :slightly_smiling_face: and it was :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not me but I have a friend who had her baby at 32 weeks, her baby was born fairly healthy, just had to stay in NICU for about 2 weeks until she gained weight and could hold down food on her own, but now they’re home and happy and perfectly healthy, it’ll be scary of course if your baby isn’t born 100% ready to go home for any reason but if it does happen early I’m sure your baby will be perfectly fine

I walked around at 2cm dilated and 75 percent effaced from 32 weeks till 42 weeks then had to be induced lol

1 Like

I gave birth at 34 weeks. Baby was just over 5 lbs. we went home in 4 days! No issues at all

My oldest is now 11 and he was born at 31 weeks. He is perfectly healthy and only spent 3 weeks in the nicu

My daughter in law had hers at 25 weeks 2 pounds 2 oz and she is doing great. 6 months old now

My youngest is 9 I went into premature labor with him at 34 weeks due to a bad case of the flu. He was born at 37 weeks via planned induction since my husband travels for work and I wouldn’t be able to wait 3 more weeks. He was 6 15 and very healthy.

I had a baby at 29 weeks 50 years ago.All went fine.I’m guessing they are quite a bit safer these days.You will be ok.

Don’t worry. You and your baby will be fine. So much that doctors can do nowadays if need be. If you are inclined say a prayer and know that you are in good hands.

I had my middle child at 8-10 weeks early. She will be 41 in March. A couple weeks in the hospital to grow and all was fine.

This is a health care related question, and a serious one. Not everyone who went through this has had the same experience or outcome. Really hope everything goes well. Congrats!

I was induced due to toxemia . They did an amniocentesis to make sure the baby was developed enough . She was healthy 7 pounder . You are pretty far along I am sure your doctor can advise

1 Like

I had my first and only child at 39. He was two weeks late, and was healthy as could be. Congratulations on becoming a mother! It will be fine!

I had my baby at 34 weeks he was 5lbs and 5 oz. He was just fine. Today is his 31st birthday day.

I was 2 cm and 90% effaced for my entire last month. He came 2 days after his due date.

Both of my boys were six weeks early one weighed 5-14 the other weighed 6-9 Both went home when I did

My first was 4 weeks early, my second 7 weeks early and my third was 3 weeks early. None had to go to NICU. And was able to leave 2 days after they were born.

With my 3rd baby, I was dilated at 3 and 50% effaced for a month with no problems. Then she was a week late and I was induced. Don’t worry sweety.

My daughter was born 6 weeks early weighed 4lbs 12oz 8 day nicu stay she is now 11.5 years old and no issues

My son was 3 weeks early. Had a C section. Baby was fine. No problems.

4 weeks before my due date, I started at 1cm. Every week, I was 1cm more, by the time I hit my due date I was 4cm dilated. I delivered by c section. 3 days after my due date. :woman_shrugging:t2:

i was dilated 2 centimeters for a couple of weeks delivered at 38

Both of my daughters were 3.5 weeks early. Absolutely no issues. 7.4 lbs and 6.4 lbs. they come
When they want to for the most part. Then my
Youngest was 4 days late. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

My first was born at 35 weeks, 5# 9 ozs. Came home with me when she was 2 1/2 days old weighing 5#. She a couple of minor issues, but did well. And they know so much more than they did then! Relax and enjoy these final weeks and days. Wishing you all the best!

My son was delivered at 30 weeks, 2 lbs. He remained in NICU 4 weeks

My first was 3 weeks early, 6lbs 12oz. He was healthy. (32 yrs old now!)

Both of mine were delivered at 38 weeks and they were perfectly healthy.

I had 9 kids each one born 36 or 37 weeks all healthy

My daughter was 3 weeks early (37 weeks) and my son was almost 7 weeks early (33 and 4 days). He was in NICU for 19 days.

I had mine 6 weeks early 4 pounds 10 oz. He is 28 now

My daughter was born 5 weeks early, at 35 weeks. No NICU, no problems at all besides her not being able to latch properly.

I was 4 cm from 32 weeks on. We made it to 35 weeks. Baby was born healthy.

35 weeks with my first didn’t need icu fairly small though 1.2kg but fed ok and was quite healthy

I was 3 cm dialited at 35 weeks with my youngest. He ended up being 4 days late.

I was effaced pretty early in my first pregnancy, but not dilating.

24 years ago my daughter was 4 weeks early with no issues healthy as a horse!! Relax

My son was born at exactly 36 weeks. I found out I was 5 cm dilated at my regular 35 weeks appointment. He came exactly 7 days later. He was small but otherwise fine. Didn’t need to go to the NICU or anything. He is now a perfectly healthy 2 year old. Don’t worry, things will probably work out fine. You are already 34 weeks and only 2 cm. You may make it a lot longer than I did but either way you will be fine.

I had twins a month early and they came home with me

1 Like

My first one came a month early, you will be ok and so will the baby. Keep your head up

I was 5 cm for 6 weeks before delivery. Not a problem.

My baby was born at 31 weeks and weighed 7 pounds. He was still in the NICU because his lungs weren’t fully developed.

You can be dilated to 2 for weeks. Take deep breaths mama, you will be okay.

I had my daughter at 23 weeks. 4 months in the nicu and today she is 6 and thriving

1 was 2cm for about 4 weeks before hand

I was 2 cm dilated for 6 weeks baby was 5 days over due :woman_facepalming:

36 weeks is considered full term you should be ok

my 3 month old was born at 34 weeks and was in nicu for 18 days.

I was 3 cm dilated for 4 mo

I had one at 21 and 27 weeks and 1 at 35 weeks and 1 at 39 weeks. ask me anything!

Prayers for comfort for you! Your baby is just fine…God has His hand on the situation. Take a deep breath and trust Him.

I would recommend you find a doula. They are super great to help you relax during the process. If you live in the Orlando area feel free to DM. I am a doula :slightly_smiling_face:.

I was a 3 for basically my entire last trimester. I made it to 37 weeks 6 days. I read NICU stuff just in case and we ended up there anyways so it was a comfort to know generally what was going on. Good luck!

My fourth child was born at 33 weeks 4 days. He was in the NICU for a few hours and we came home two days later. No issues.

Shes right. Everything will be fine. Relax and enjoy the experience

It can take weeks to dismayed. Stay calm. Chill out. Pray and God will provide. Blessings

Had my daughter at 34 weeks. She was small and jaundiced but was able to leave the hospital in 3 days. She is 41, has a masters degree and 3 daughters . Hoping all will go as well for you- so much has improved in the last 40 years!

My water broke at 36 weeks 4 days. She was 7lbs 5 oz and had a bout of jaundice. She is currently 2.5 and smart as a whip and has great gross and fine motor skills.

Same here. Mine came 3 weeks and 2 days early and was 6lbs, 3oz. Got to come home with me.

I would be having the people at the hospital check out the baby instead of a midwife. Just

My son was born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 13oz and completely healthy. No NICU stay. He did develop jaundice about a week after coming home, but all was fine.

I had my son at 36 weeks via emergency csection, I had severe preeclampsia. He was perfectly healthy. He weighed 8 lbs 14oz. No time spent in the NICU. I was so afraid, but all was perfect. Hang in there Momma. I’m 33 weeks now myself, and I just had my son in February of 2020. This pregnancy has be wrought with complications. We are pushing to keep this baby in until 37 weeks. Remember, God is in control. All things come in his timing.

I had my firstborn at 35 weeks and he was born screaming and breathing good. He stayed in the NICU for 11 days. Can’t even tell he was preemie. I had my 2nd at 34 weeks and he came out screaming and breathing just fine. He stayed in the NICU for 23 days because he had to learn how to eat out of a bottle. Your baby should be totally fine, but then again all babies are different. Praying for a safe pregnancy or delivery if it comes down to that. (:

Delivered my last baby at 35wks She was perfectly healthy 5pounds 13ozs. We stayed in the hospital for a day and a half.

My baby was born at 32 weeks 3 days and she was fine. Biggest baby in the nursery. 7lbs 2 oz.

I had my three weeks early and she was 4 lbs 15 oz and healthy and got to come home with me the day I left two days later and she is almost 18 years old

all be fine :pray:t3: just pray

You are fine…relax and good luck!!!

Yes, it will be fine

I was 3 cm and 70% at 35 weeks and had to be induced 3 days late and ended up having a c section.

I was 2cm up until I was 39 weeks. From exactly 34 weeks

I had this same issue i made it shy of 36 weeks, baby was born healthy and normal, never went to the NICU and came home with me.

Stay n bed do nothing but pee

I oldest was born at 35 weeks. She was tiny at 5lbs 7oz. But she was a perfectly healthy little thing. She didn’t have to spend anytime on the nicu. She’ll be 5 in June and other than being a bit little for her age, she’s still perfectly healthy! Don’t worry to much!

I went into preterm labor had high blood pressure by week 32 and was 2 cm dilated dr did a C- Section at week 37 delivered a very healthy baby girl weighing 8 lbs 11 oz, she was my 3rd and final baby, my 2nd I was 34 weeks and 3 cm dilated minor contractions had him at 40 weeks emergency C- Section he was a full 9 lbs. Enjoy this time and take it easy.

I was high risk with all my pregnancies being over 35. I went 37 weeks & 1 day, 37 weeks & 6 days… both weighing just over 6 lbs. They are fine young men now. 19 & 16 years of age

My daughter had both of hers at 27 weeks. One weighed 1lb 15 oz and the other 2.4 lbs. They were in nicu for 2 months. These weren’t twins they were almost 5 years apart. They are 7 and 12 now and healthy. No complications. Your baby should be fine if you deliver early. You could stay at a 2 cen for several weeks. Each day closer will be better.

I gave birth to my twins all natural at 31 weeks, they weighed 3.11 lbs and 4.14 lbs, they had to stay in the nicu for 16 days. Good luck!

1 Like

Baby number 1- water broke at 35w6d, born the next day at 36w. 3 days in NICU only because water was broke for over 20hrs and I stayed at 5cm dialted for over 8 hrs without them noticing.

Baby number 2 born at 38w+6d no NICU- emergency c-section because she was in a bad position, I was in active labor (didn’t know it) and I was bleeding

Baby 3- scheduled c because of baby #2, born at 37w+3d no NICU stay

I was the same with my first and he actually came 10 days late…he was healthy and is going to be 17

I walked around dilated for weeks and had him late too

35 weeks I had preeclampsia and he had growth restriction. After five days of observation he was released from the NICU. No breathing issues, no jaundice, no health problems. He was just little and came home at 3lbs13oz and 17in long. He just turned five and about 3 1/2 ft tall and around 50lbs.