I am concerned about something that my daughter told me happened at school: Advice?

What all should i do? so my 4 year old daughter mentioned to us today that a boy in her preschool class “pinched” her in a private area, Now she hasn’t been in school for the past few week reasons so i dont know why she just now told us this. She says she told her teachers about this and that all they did was tell him no and make him sit at a table alone, We were never told about any of this till now even though school policy says they tell us of ALL incidents. This isn’t the first time she has said this boy has done something along these lines, before it was that he taught her a game that requires her to bend over and let people poke her butt. We told the school about this and they said they would keep an eye out. I called the school today to set up a meeting with her teachers and whoever else would need to be there. We know the boys parents but i don’t wanna say anything yet because this is pretty serious. I’m now at a loss as to further handle this situation, i’m looking for any kind of advice on what to do next and i mean ANY advice. like what should i say to my daughter? Should we say something to the boys parents or wait till after we talk to her teachers? Am i overreacting? I just wanna do the right thing and not make things worse/bad for anybody (mainly my daughter) thank you all in advance for any advice you give (please don’t get to harsh with comments as these are small children we are talking about and im trying to go about this the best way i can)

3 Likes

I would set up a meeting and have the other parents there also so everyone understands. If the boy keeps touching her have her punch him. Sorry but if I’m out and someone grabs or whatnot me I’m punching them.

10 Likes

I think the parents of the other child should be there so they are made aware and try to teach him manners since its not the first time. And sometimes the stuff kids do at school they do at home.

1 Like

Not over reacting that something serious. I would demand a meeting with the other parents. I would also speak to the principal cause you should of been a where of the this situation. I would tell your daughter she did the right thing by telling you. But to please tell you the day it happens.

4 Likes

If it was my son, I would want to know. He’d be in serious trouble. If this was happening to my daughter, the school would have a lawsuit on their hands.

4 Likes

I have 2 daughters. If my daughters come home telling me that I would demand a meeting with everyone. And if it happened again teach my daughter’s how to kick low.

1 Like

1st talk to your daughter. Make sure she understands her body is hers and that any unwanted physical advances FROM ANYBODY should not be tolerated and she did the right thing by saying something.
2nd tou did the right thing by setting up a meeting. I think the other childs parents, even though you know them, should be present. That way everybody hears the exact same thing when you talk about repercussions if the behaviour continues.
3rd is you could ask to set up a journal for the teacher to communicate with the parents daily. Sometimes teachers workloads can make them forget about incidents, but if they write it down in the journals as its reported, it may make the communication better

2 Likes

My 6 year old girl knows where, and more importantly WHEN to kick a boy. Inappropriate touching should get an equally inappropriate response. Even at home if I need to touch her for whatever reason (in the bath comes to mind) even I ask her permission and am very clear what I am going to do and why.

2 Likes

Considering these are little children, I would not have my daughter kicking him in privates like others suggest. Set up a meeting and tell your daughter to stay clear of him

please talk to teacher , reminds of a joke my son told me after kindergarten class . Came ask What goes in long and hard and comes out wet and soft? Come to find out they were talking about food that changes shape the answer is spaghetti . please get all facts and talk to child about touching. Boys playing football sometimes touch back or knee on center to let him know ready . So please get all facts . Their minds aren’t like ours but some kids have seen and had more done to them

1 Like

Id be confronting teachers/parents whoever to let everyone know this happens again someone gonna pay

I would be requesting the other parents be there as well. They might not even know anything about these behaviors. Like this “game” maybe he didn’t learn it at home but learned it at another relatives house, maybe a babysitter taught him, or he saw it while at one of his friends houses. Having the boys parents involved is the only way you’re going to get to the root of the problem.

3 Likes

What is wrong with you people!?? This boy 9/10 is also 4 freaking years old!!kicking him in the privates? What in the literally shit. Sitting down and talking to your daughter about what’s appropriate touching and what’s not? Most definetly but do You think maybe this little boy also doesn’t get that it’s wrong. I can’t believe this. Have a meeting with EVERYONE involved. Kids, teachers AND Parents. This boy’s parents may not even know their son is doing it. They might know but who’s knows until a serious discussion is had. They are both still babies and don’t understand these things…shame on those who want her to kick the little boy…

4 Likes

If the teacher/parents don’t do anything and it doesn’t stop change preschools she shouldn’t have to deal with a shithead like that

Attend the meeting be honest, be transparent, take it one step at a time deal with each step as it arises n do whats best for your daughter n your family n remember to breathe. Good luck

Children at 4 shouldn’t even have this thinking for games… I would be concerned for the boy in questions… He may have seen it or experienced this himself… Tell your daughter about body space and the no word and the pants story bless her… Sorry this happening but you need a meeting with all involved his family need looking into as well… And school are failing to safeguard your daughter and keep you informed that needs addressing too… Goodluck

4 Likes

They are 4 yr old kids. Very young. Im glad u set up a meeting, and i do think the boys parents need to be there. Dont go in all hot headed and ready to freak…he is 4. Go in calm,say you think this is a big deal and u wish for this behaviour to be stopped ASAP. Talk to the parwnts of the boy, they may have no idea. Boys are weird and gross. They love butts and farts. He may be a little curious and not know what to do about it. Its not proper behaviour but maybe he doesnt know that. Sit down with ur daughter and talk about her body and the word NO say it loud and say it proud. She needs to feel that if she is not comfortable with a behaviour aimed towards her, that she is allowed to say no and protect herself. My son had a boy grab his private area…they are 8yrs old. Big age difference since at 8, kids know thats not appropriate at all. The school didnt tell us…my son told me the next day and i list my shit on the teacher. He told her and said he was crying because it made him feel weird. Talk to ur daughter about coming to u same day for anything she doesnt like. ANYTHING. But please remember…he is only 4 yrs old, and he was probably just being a little butt. Talk to the school and try to have his parents there. No kids though!!!

2 Likes

Tell the teachers what your child said and then call licensing so they can do an investigation.

2 Likes

I would definately tell the parents and I would request her to go to another classroom. Since this is the 2nd incident

Talk to your daughter,And all parties involved asap.

Could it be this little boy might be in trouble and is acting out games that are happening to him??! I’m just saying this sounds concerning on both sides. I would definitely have an investigation done and maybe a welfare check on that child. Kids don’t just come up with these games on their own:/

If you let it continue she could get hurt bad. get everybody involved, and talk it out. Do something.

Let her know your proud she spoke up, focus on her and how shes feeling about this. I’d talk to his mom and lay it down. Like hey if he touches her again I’m gonna beat your ass, course jail doesnt scare me not compared to someone abusing my kids.