I am having mixed emotions with dating while pregnant: Advice?

I’m 30 weeks, and the father and I have completely cut ties. He’s been in a new relationship for five months now, and I’ve been talking with someone, and he knows my situation and we both like each other I’m just not totally comfortable inviting him over as I’m showing a lot and I don’t know if I’m going to want to be Intimate like cuddling or kissing and other stuff. I want to wait until I have the baby, but I don’t want to be alone when I know he can be there for me

12 Likes

Tell him. Be honest about how you feel hunny. Communication is key xx

1 Like

Its better to have him around now then one the baby comes because then you have a little time to really get to know him imo but do whatever makes you comfortable

2 Likes

Tbh, Id concentrate on just yourself and the baby for now. But that’s just me!

8 Likes

Be up front with this new person about your feelings and expectations :woman_shrugging:t2: nothing wrong with that

2 Likes

Get to know him now so you know what your baby will be around. Dont leave anyone alone with that baby until you fully trust them

7 Likes

Just take it slow. Start out as friends you can hang out, Talk, go shopping just see where it leads

1 Like

I think it’s weird that people date while pregnant. Why can’t you just be by yourself till after the baby

16 Likes

I think it’s great that you found a man who supports your current situation. I think you should be up front with him about how you feel because if the relationship is ever going to progress communication is key. If he accepts you already pregnant I don’t really think he’s going to have an issue with your feelings of waiting. It’s probably more your insecurities and you just need to talk through them.

8 Likes

If he knows your pregnant, he knows you’re going to get a big baby bump. If he’s cool with that then don’t be ashamed of your body, you are growing a human! :heart:

4 Likes

A real man will respect if you don’t want to be intimate. If y’all are dating as friends then I’d say go for it. But really just communicate with him how you are feeling and see what he has to say about it. I found the love of my.life when my daughter was 3 months old and he came in and he acted like she was his from day one… I went through my entire pregnancy and labor by myself. If he is man enough to want to be that person give him a chance!.. Some men are totally into pregnant woman… I wouldn’t be too worried about the baby belly :heart:

3 Likes

I mean he already knows you’re pregnant so what difference does it make? I started seeing my now husband when I was 5 months pregnant by someone else.

6 Likes

Personally a man would be the last thing on my mind while being pregnant especially if he aint the father. Id just be focusing on becoming a mom and letting a relationship form later on in life

8 Likes

Here’s my story. I got pregnant and there was a guy who I thought was the father if my kids and I was not with him. I met my now husband when I was 2 and a half months pregnant. We weren’t looking for a relationship at the time but it turned into one. He was with me through all the drama with the guy who I thought was the father of my daughter. He was with me when I gave birth. He went to all of my appointments. I even gave him a chance to leave b4 she was born so he wouldn’t have to choose the life of a father if he didn’t want to. Here we are 6 years later with 2 beautiful baby girls 1 is 5 and the other is almost 1. You just need to let him know how you feel and see what he says. I never thought that I would end up dating anyone while I was pregnant just for the fact he knows that the baby i am carrying would not be his. But my now husband stepped up and became the father my daughter needed.

9 Likes

Be honest with him, talk to him about what you are feeling. If he is understanding then keep dating, this way you both are on the same page.

1 Like

Being pregnant and alone especially without the father there is definitely a lonely road…I did it alone and while I was at the lowest point of my life when I look back at my pregnancy now it makes me so sad, it wasn’t how I envisioned my pregnancy would go at all. I think you should just tell him how you feel and see if he would be okay with just being friends during your pregnancy before exploring your friendship deeper…

1 Like

Girl get it. Enjoy your life. Just be friends and if things are right they will fall into place.

2 Likes

Let him be there for you! He might be the man of your dreams and he wants to be with you.

2 Likes

Become friends 1st. But be honest from the start.

2 Likes

People. Take some time for yourselves.

1 Like

Nah you just dont unlessbyoir like 6 weeks or something maybe 12 but come on your 30 weeks pregnant really. Your about to be woken up here soon dont add more stress to your life.

1 Like

If you feel like this is someone you want to spend time with and he doesn’t mind you’re pregnant then do it. Just go with the flow. If he’s the right one he’ll get it and if he’s not then it’s no loss to you. Don’t miss out on opportunities for happiness if you don’t have to though.

I say go for it! Be happy! But if you did decide to take things further before baby is born be cautious but if you catch any stds or anything it can be dangerous for bubs x

I know it’s rough but better to be alone when having baby than having relations with someone that you aren’t sure is going to stick around or not. And me personally I would just rather make it easier on myself and end things now than wait until after baby is born and then really have to adjust to being on your own. I’m so sorry you’re in this position.

1 Like

Im literally in the same boat… been getting to know a really nice guy since I was about 22 weeks… im almost 37 weeks now… hes awesome but intimacy is a turn off at the thought of it most days… just follow your intuition… and fuq what ppl think … but i also agree make sure he not around on some fetish bs

Oh may people Stop Being mean way does it always has to be the girls fault to keep her legs close the guys have apart in it to they should keep there pants up too …

I became a single mom when my son was 6 weeks old. I’m now happily engaged and my son is 5. Go with your gut. If it’s telling you to try with him do. I hope you find happiness

I would concentrate on yourself and your new baby a bit of self love ,you can still be friends and who knows if he is the one than he will be there when your ready to share your life ,but selflove is so important, best of luck with your new bundle of joy …

4 Likes

Wait until you and baby have settled into a routine. You’ll have enough going on in your life. Lean on family and/or friends for support. If he is serious he’ll wait

9 Likes

I say go for it! Life is to short to put things on hold.

4 Likes

I’d say make sure it’s not just the preggers glow or a fettish.

2 Likes

I would say keep men out of your life till you have that baby till he/she is at least a year… worry about loving yourself and that baby… so many sickos out there these days.

1 Like

Spend time witg ur newborn. They grow up fassst! Dont just give birth to them and ditch them just to go play with ur new boyfriend! Remember your child will always be your first priorities than anyone else :100: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You do what makes you happy

Go for it u deserve to be happy

2 Likes

I did it, I dated while I was pregnant four months along with my second child. We dated and had relations. However, a week before I gave birth he told me he didn’t want to raise someone else is child. I wasn’t hurt, I mean I knew it was probably going to end that way. So, I would say if you are sure about a serious relationship go for it, if not don’t waste your time.

My advice is “ keep your Damn legs closed” how about that. I’m tired of paying for everybody’s damn kids!!

13 Likes

Baby gonna be like :joy::joy:… fr tho, if y’all like each other then do your thing.

3 Likes

I would want to see how he treated you while pregnant. If he treats you well and can show you respect he might be worth holding onto. I wouldn’t wait until babies born, start then and involve him with the baby just to learn he doesn’t respect you.

36 Likes

I love the honesty in this post. That being said…just be this honest with him! He knows you’re pregnant and he hasn’t let that interfere with getting to know you better. Sounds like a solid and confident man to me.
You deserve to be held and shown affection during this time in your life too…if that is a comfort to you! And if you do t want to be touched at all…that’s your choice as well.
I wish you ALL things beautiful and safe.

12 Likes

Just because you invite them over, doesn’t mean you’re inviting them to be intimate. Relationships shouldn’t be centered around that. And if that is all he is after, I would nix him now. Kids are super time consuming & should be your main priority. My husband & I talked for about a month before we we on an official date. We dated for a few months before I met his daughter. And waited for intimacy until we were both certain we could see a future together. Definitely don’t jump into something just so you aren’t lonely. Having a baby is a life changing experience, I wouldn’t want to share it with just anyone.

1 Like

Started seeing my current bf at 3m preggo.
Best decision I could have made. We’ve been together almost 3 yrs now. Hes an amazing father and a wonderful partner. The man cried when he heard my son cry for the first time. Mind you this isnt his biological son.

2 Likes

Do what feels right to you. I was in the same boat but, I couldn’t bring myself to date. That was just me I had a lot going on and another child.
Whatever makes you feel comfortable. It’s not up to anyone else but you.

I think it will ruin the relationship before it even starts. A baby changes EVERYTHING. Keep him as a friend for now worry about the other stuff later. Trust me. That baby is going to take all of you physically and emotionally. Let him witness that. It will be a good test for him if he really wants something more.

2 Likes

Thats rough. I dont think i could date anyone while pregnant with an ex. And then once baby comes your life revolves around your child and not a man. Obviously uts your life and your choice i personally couldnt have done it.

2 Likes

Girl, it’s hard to find a guy that would love you and your child as his own without hesitation, but I’d suggest taking things slow but enjoy the time you guys have together because it always changes once the baby is born.

1 Like

Not to judge but just concentrate on yourself and your child. Being a new mom takes 100% of your effort and time :heart::heart::heart:
Your child will become your number one priority

3 Likes

It’s 100% your choice! I would keep it as friends and see how you are together in general for a while. Send selfies, see how it goes. Then maybe it’ll be less awkward first getting together to hang out. You’re allowed to want love and affection… but pregnancy hormones, a break up, and the other already have moved on can easily stir up some need to move on when you may not be ready. Only when you’re truly sure, I’d say go for it then. Give it time, be patient and see what unfolds from a friendship. Tell him do’s and don’ts if you want to be specific with what you’re comfortable with. When you’re ready, make sure you’re being safe and both be tested, etc. Baby steps.

Start slow! Invite him over for a meal and go from there. Get to know each other on a friendship level. Who knows he might be thinking the same thing you are but you don’t know until you invite him over.

1 Like

I would suggest keeping him as a friend for the moment. Is there someone esle that could help you in the delivery room? I know it is hard but, you don’t need a man.

9 Likes

Don’t know how common or uncommon it is for relationships that start in circumstances like yours to flourish, but I DO know of a close relative of mine who fell in love with a woman who was already pregnant, and they ended up well— They eventually married, had two more children, they’ve had a a solid marriage for over three decades, and he has been just as much a fine father to the first children, as to his biological children. [Of course, you have no guarantee… but it is possible.] Best of luck to you.

Thats a tough one. After baby comes it brings a different side of everyone.
One thing my husband and I found out is that we parent VERY DIFFERENTLY. Almost to the point of splitting. I refuse to parent the way he does.
But he respects that because it means alot to me.

You as a new mom would be better off finding you as you take on this new role. It might make you think and feel differently.

1 Like

Not the time. I also think it’s telling that you mention what baby’s dad is doing. What he’s doing doesn’t matter if you’re not together. You’re pregnant. With all those hormones, nows not the time to make relationship decisions. I’d also question the motives of any man looking to start a relationship with a woman pregnant with someone else’s kid.

5 months, pregnant from another guy and you ready to start dating again??? Girl you need to calm down, enjoy your pregnancy and deal it without involve people you just meet because you don’t want to be alone .

2 Likes

Just because your having a baby doesn’t mean you should be lonely and its ok to be showing from hear on anyone who dates you should know its you and baby they would be dating. They should already know.

1 Like

There are some really good men out there and if he’s willing to stay by your side and hold off on sex til after the baby is born why not? Sounds like a keeper if he will do that

Start slow- rather than inviting him over, try meeting up for a date outside the home. Go out for a meal, a walk in the park, or some activity of mutual interest. Test the chemistry with eye contact or hand holding. You can either build on that and progress to more as your comfort level increases or not. If you’re not feeling it that’s fine, but at least you’ll know where you stand and not look back one day wondering ‘what if’.

I wouldn’t even be thinking about a man at this time! Think about your child and that’s it. Maybe when your baby gets older you can have time to date !

11 Likes

Girl do what us best for you!!!

4 Likes

Maybe you are not in love, maybe they are just hormones … Concentrate on your baby first.

1 Like

If you aren’t comfortable with the idea then follow that feeling .

Just be upfront and just be honest with the person

It’s your choice but I wouldn’t even think about dating whilst pregnant, just seems a weird situation when you are carrying another man’s child

Don’t deny yourself love because you are pregnant. Set some guidelines that you’re comfortable with while pregnant and if he’s worth it, he’ll respect your wishes and wait for things you’re not ready for.

And just putting it out there, sex while pregnant is NOT taboo or a bad thing. As long as you both are safe while doing so. I would be sure he is 100% clean (ask him to go get checked and show you the results).

Again, if he’s worth it and a decent man he will respect what you ask of him. If not, then good riddance!

1 Like

Personally, I think you should focus on you and the arrival of your little one. If you are already split from the dad, I think it would be incredibly emotional and potentially to start a relationship when sooo many big moments are about to happen. This guy will get thrown into the most intimate and emotional of things with the birth of the baby and you won’t have time to really evaluate the relationship outside of all of this. I get that you’re lonely and im sorry you’re in this without the dad but lean on others in your life. Just my opinion…be well and good luck :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

go for it life is to short and if you wait he may find someone else just go for it he will be there when the baby come and be there after life is too short god bless you ith what you decide

It’s ok to feel that way. Your hormones are probably too blame for most of the emotions your going through. Have you asked him how he felt about it. If you ask him it might help with some of the feelings your having about it.

I started to date my now husband when I was 36 weeks. We have been married now for 11 years.