I am having trouble getting pregnant since having an ectopic pregnancy: Advice?

Back in 2013, I found out I was pregnant. However, I was having lots of issues with bleeding on and off. I went to the doctor only to find out the pregnancy I was carrying was an ectopic pregnancy. I had to have a shot in the bum to end my pregnancy. It killed me. I have yet to become pregnant again, even given time to get back to normal cycles. Has this ever happened to anyone else? How long did it take for anyone who experienced this to become pregnant again?

8 Likes

I got pregnant in 2014 never knew I was pregnant til I was balled over in the bathroom went to the ER to find out I was pregnant loosing it I was 6 weeks 3 days I stayed depressed for 3/4 years and so I just focused on bettering my self and health lost 35 pounds had quit trying and April 15th this year I found out 6 years later I was pregnant now 19 weeks

1 Like

I had an ectopic pregnancy in November 2019 and got pregnant again January 2020 and I’m due September 23rd! Don’t give up hope :heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

I had an ectopic pregnancy about 6 months before I became pregnant with my son. Carried him to full term, he’s now two and a half and I’m 36 weeks pregnant with his little sister. Give your body time to heal and be patient and consistent and it will happen! Best of luck

1 Like

I don’t think people realize that you said 2013. That is 7 years and a long wait, trust me. I had my son 8 years ago and am only now FINALLY pregnant again (15 weeks this coming Saturday). I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS for short. Maybe get checked out to see if you have any infertility issues? Maybe even PCOS or endometriosis. Maybe it is nothing, and just isn’t your time yet but it doesn’t hurt to get looked at for everything and get some answers. Good luck.:purple_heart:

I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2012 and had my son in 2016. I wasn’t on birth control but I wasn’t trying either. You could try getting on the pill for a few months sometimes that helps regulate everything. I stopped taking my birth control pills in October last year and I was pregnant by November.

I had emergency surgery and an ectopic pregnancy. It was devastating. I could not fall pregnant after. Had a Dye test and found out the tube was severed and I was born without a second tube. Had IVF- bypassed the tubes and fell pregnant. Many years of heart ache but a beautiful ending. Have the dye test as this will help you understand if you can fall pregnant naturally or need assistance.

1 Like

You need to go to the Dr and probably get a HSG procedure done. They shoot dye through your Fallopian tubes to see if there is a blockage. I had an ectopic years ago and later had this procedure done. My tubes didnt show up as being blocked but I got pregnant the month after. Sometimes there is some debris that is flushed out with the dye that may have prevented you from getting pregnant.

4 Likes

My niece had a ectopic pregnancy and got pregnant within a few months with no problems. She now has a beautiful baby boy. Don’t give up hope. Best wishes.:innocent:

After I was born, I had another sister. My Mom tried and tried to get pregnant a third time. Went to the doctor and the doctor said for her to quit worrying about it. Three months later she was pregnant.

I’m sorry you went through that I had an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in emergency surgery back in 2017. I got pregnant 6 months later. I hope you figure everything out! :heart:

I’m sorry your going threw that I can only guess how heart breaking that was. Dont give up hope tho. It will happen when it’s time to happen gods plan is greater then our plans. Just have faith that it will happen

1 Like

I’m so sorry. I had an ectopic back in 2018 that resulted in emergency surgery because the shot failed and it took us a long time to get pregnant again. Definitely start with your OB. They can check you out and refer you to a fertility doctor if need be. It will happen. Hang in there :heart:

there’s many reasons as to why you could not be getting pregnant again. Your tubes could still be blocked from an ectopic pregnancy and you might need to have a full DNC or to have them cleaned out. It’s a possibility that you have something like endometriosis for polycystic ovarian syndrome oh, there could also be thyroid problems which lead to not being able to conceive, you could have uterine fibroids. It’s best to go to your OB-GYN get a full blood workup and a vaginal ultrasound to find out. You might have some scarring on your tubes as well from the ectopic pregnancy. Until you have an OBGYN look at it there’s no telling what the reasons are that you haven’t been able to conceive again. I would make an appointment as soon as you can to find out. Ectopic pregnancies can cause damage in certain cases

1 Like

Have you looked into fertility accupuncture? It has worked for many I know personally.

Have you spoken to your doctor? There are things they can do to make sure your tubes are open, etc.

That happened to my daughter twice before she finally got pregnant.

Go the the dr and see if anything is wrong You are lucky to survive My niece died from a etopic preg when her fallopian tube burst from the baby growing

1 Like

I went thru this year’s ago . Went on a fertility drug for one month got pregnant the next month. Second child came with no issues or help

A good way is to stay away from carbs sugars and lower blood pressure, a lot of times those things can inhibit pregnancy