I am in an awkward situation with my neighbors down the road: Advice?

I’m in an awkward situation because around the end of summer, I met this mom of 2 who lives right down the road, and her boys and my son hit it off great. Well she freaked on me bc my son rung her doorbell she was working 3rd, but her husband always had the door open when my son was getting off the bus bc their boys loved playing with my son. I was pushing my youngest in the stroller, and when my son sees his friends, he is a quick man, haha, she stormed out. Didn’t say shit to me. Bitched to her husband about having to go to the store bc obviously he wasn’t (I’m guessing because we were there, but it was a daily thing not the doorbell thing and only for like 35minutes before we went home and always stayed in the front yard.* and then she sped off. I made a loop around, put her window down, and yelled, “maybe you two should just fucking exchange phone numbers instead of ringing the goddamn doorbell” in front of my son (3 at the time) and her two boys (1.5 and almost 3) then sped off. Then they came to my son’s birthday party about two weeks later as nothing happened. She gave me her number. I gave her mine. Figured it was done with. Well, I have literally seen her once since before Halloween. I’ve texted her. My son has been asking to go play with her oldest bc he says that’s his best friend. Idk. Its gonna be interesting when the weather starts to warm up, and her youngest wants to walk to the water tower again bc they have to go right by my house. IDK what to do, I understand it sucks being woken up when you’re exhausted. It only happened once, and her husband always kept the door open bc he knew what time I was getting my son off the bus, and I know he had to have heard his boys get all excited once the bus pulls up bc they know that means they will be able to play.

2 Likes

It’s seems , she and her husband have some issues to work out.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t trust her with my kid from that outburst.

4 Likes

Ignore it, sounds like it’s her.

Strate up ask her what her problem is

1 Like

Sounds like shes off her meds…seriously?? This lady’s not right. I would distance myself from her…n wouldn’t leave my child with her unsupervised.

I’m a little bit confused by the whole post, what’s working 3rd? Seems to me she thinks because you’re coming over so much you may be seeing her husband? Idk I didn’t really understand a lot of the post

I think you’re over thinking it.

This was kiiiinda hard to understand, and was all over the place.

31 Likes

What did I read? I’m confused

15 Likes

This annoyed me and I’m not even involved…

10 Likes

Ummm girl this is kinda hard to understand.

7 Likes

I truly can’t even comprehend what I just read… :woman_facepalming:t2:

18 Likes

Be mature and talk to her calmly like adults . Boom resolved .

I think it was just a overly tired woman in a bad mood that day.

2 Likes

Maybe you wore your welcome out by stopping daily. Idc if I’ve been busy or what my situation is,I don’t want people at my house everyday even if its for 5 mins.

27 Likes

When u know shes not there, talk to the husband. He sounds reasonable. However, i wouldnt advise going there daily (even if its only for half an hour)…they get busy too and have a life to live outside of stopping to play every single day, especially on weekdays/schooldays. Theres dinner, errands, homework, baths…Make it only a weekend play thing. Tell her that too, that only playing on weekends, and she might be ok with that. If not, shes nuts :joy:

6 Likes

Besides the fact that this was all over the place, I think I kinda got what you were asking… You’re over thinking all this. Your kids 3, they don’t have best friends. Hell everyone’s their best friend. And since Halloween isn’t that long. As a working Mom there is barely any free time around the holidays. Most families do all sorts of activities and gatherings during the holidays. I have friends I haven’t even talked to since summer because my family & I have been so busy.

6 Likes

So for what I understood is that the mother seems to be frustrated about being woke up and people there every day when she’s got to work. maybe try explaining to your son that you can’t be with someone 24/7 and maybe scheduled days we’re all of you as a family and friends could hang out that means you the children significant other and their children and them too. I know I don’t like people at my house 24/7 when I have things to do it is kind of frustrating when people randomly stop by I understand the children want to play together but maybe clear it ahead of time before the child gets off the bus and see if it’s okay. it could just simply be that maybe the mother was even just having a bad day and wanted her husband to go to the store but he didn’t want to go because his friends came over with their children to play with his children. It never hurts to make plans and schedule ahead before just stopping by because I know it can be frustrating especially if people had something planned

1 Like

You made no sense lady. My advice to you, is to think, write, read it back to yourself and check all errors before asking the group for advice :woman_shrugging: we can’t help you, if we cannot understand you.

23 Likes

Basically what I got from this is that her husband & kids and you & your kids were having 30 min play dates every day and one day she got woken up and was mad? I’ve worked 3rd shift and first I’d have to say that if someone woke me, i didnt care who it was, it was bad for all of us. But secondly i would not be comfortable with someone stopping by my house every day while i was sleeping, especially to have a play date with my husband and kids. I agree with some of the others and this should definitely be limited to one, maybe two, days per week, if ALL parties are on board with continued play dates.

11 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know wtf I just read. But if the doorbell ringing is getting on her nerves, maybe exchanging phone numbers isn’t such a bad idea? Her cursing that at y’all (especially in front of your 3-year old) was rude af though. I would’ve told her off for that. Lol.

3 Likes

People have bad days. Some more than others. The kid up the street wouldn’t be my kid only friend. Go on play dates or just have fun like you normally do. Doesn’t have to be awkward at all.

1 Like

Maybe consider taking her kids for play over to your house if she is working nights. And i don’t like either if any woman comes around with kids or no kids and just sits with my husband while im not present. And i do the same

1 Like

Perhaps it’s deeper than just your son playing with hers or ringing the doorbell once. Maybe she has some trust issues with her husband and she took it out on you that day… maybe doesn’t like another woman hanging around with her husband every single day. Could be wrong but some people are territorial like that.

13 Likes

This was pretty difficult to follow. Sorry, can’t understand

10 Likes

I’m confused why 3 year olds need to have a playdate every day, I don’t want anyone at my house or in my yard every day. Maybe… just don’t go over there Every. Single. Day. And don’t let your kid get so far ahead of you that you can’t reach him before he reaches a doorbell. This other mom already has a 3rd shift which means less time with her family since their awake time is her sleep time and you’re showing up daily… yeah I’d be mad

14 Likes

Girl this is confusing. I think I understand though, I would text her apologizing for waking her up and as if she would wanna get the boys together again. You can’t make her apologize, she will if she wants. But if you’re truly concerned and want your kids to play together then reach out.

4 Likes

You should worry more about taking a damn English lesson so when you make a post people can actually give you advice. This shit looks like google translate had a go at it.

12 Likes

She sounds rude af, I’d just keep my distance. Your kids will find other best friends.

1 Like

Didn’t understand one bit of that. I’m thinking we know why there’s a misunderstanding.

13 Likes

It sounds like she was just having a bad day and was very frustrated. Just give her some space. If she is still volatile in the future I would just keep your son away from that house, their marriage just might be on the rocks and the environment may be toxic. If the children become upset over the matter perhaps set up play dates over the weekend at YOUR house.

3 Likes

The only thing I got from all of this is that At least I’m not the only one who didn’t get at all what the author meant…:thinking:

6 Likes

God damn people, I just went through the comments, what is all the cruelty about? This chick asked for advice not a full blown roast on her communication skills. She may have rambled and repeated just a bit but I understood what she was trying to get across. If you don’t like the question why not just skip this post? Let’s uh… you know… maybe not be a pack of bitches to a mom asking for advice? Sorry? :frowning::woman_shrugging:t2::face_with_monocle:

18 Likes

I’m so confused right now :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

i had a hard time understanding that… but i definitely understood why dont you exchange fucking phone numbers. maybe you should just have an actualy conversation with her and you both lay down the ground rules and set something up.

1 Like

Lady is mad at being woken up by neighbors kid, neighbor lady dosent know what to do and if she should let their kids play together cuz she got bitched at by the lady who got woken up. Super quick summary

3 Likes

Where’s the translate button?

6 Likes

She dont want you ringing on her door or outside talking to her husband.stoo your son ringing at the door and stop chatting to her husband.If he speaks to you just say hello and walk on.Then if she says anything tell her he spoke to you if she has a problem tell him

5 Likes

Stop chatting it up with her husband. And open door daily isnt an invite to chat it up. Respect the man’s wife. I dont think I’d like a woman in my yard daily chatting with my husband. And when the door was closed. Respect her enough to not stop by her house and ring a door bell. Learn boundaries and teach your children boundaries. People need space. I dont like people coming by my house daily or unannounced. Text her apologize if you crossed any boundaries and that you understand now that youll text and ask if its okay for your kids to play. People have lives. And enjoy some days of no interruption

6 Likes

I work nights I’m a grumpy bitch tbh it takes its toll I can understand her being tired as F and not wanting to deal with other people’s kids about the husband she has issues with him or herself it’s obvious that’s her business tho if you tried to be her friend and she doses not want it don’t push it just back off you can’t be everybody’s friend even if your kids are friends my kids have a lot of friends I really don’t even speak to there parents and thats how I like it to tired too damn tired for that but I am not horrible to the kids tho I just tell them no another time and remind my kiddies that im responsible for all them kids while at my place and I can just barley get by with them I can’t be taken care of a big bunch of kids who ain’t mine (night shifter)maybe invite her son to yours for a play date here and there…

1 Like

Sounds like issue’s with her rather than anything to do with you.

When I am tired I am straight up rude and I don’t care. I always feel bad later. She was probably exhausted. Maybe ask her what her schedule looks like and if it’s possible for the kids to play together soon.

Excuse me what…something about working 3rd shift an doorbell an goin to store an door open an mad

I totally understand that we say dumb stuff when we’re tired n can get a bit rude. But her comment about u and her husband getting a room was just uncalled for. She obviously has trusting issues. If that was me…I would be uncomfortable and most likely wouldnt hang out with her. She sounds like shes drama…if the boys are older…let them play.