I am in love with my best friends boyfriend: Advice?

I need someone to talk to about this…idk what to do…I am in love with my best friends boyfriend…idk how or when it happened but it did…hes just my type to a T and we get along so great and it just makes sense to me…I would never act on this though…I wouldnt do it to my friend,I didnt mean for these feeligns to happen they just did…should I tell my friend or just continue to suppress them until they hopefully go away?

25 Likes

Girl bye! You must not really be her friend to begin with. I can vibe really great with two of my friend’s husbands. Both attractive males with great qualities. Im not in love with them. And would never even entertain the idea. You’re a bad friend and should just leave the both of them alone and go find someone unattached to make you happy.

20 Likes

Telling her would be the most selfish thing you could do in this situation. You need to distance yourself from him.

41 Likes

You’re not in love with him, you just click with him. You’ll find your own click. Leave her click alone.
Distance yourself.

16 Likes

Feelings happen. I wouldn’t supress them. Try journaling and getting to the root of it. It’s good that you have enough respect to need to talk it out and not act on it. Only you know your best friend, therefor only you know how she would take you opening up about it. As I mentioned journaling can help you uncover your feelings in a healthy way and you never know, it may help you realize its just a fleeting thing. Definitely distance yourself from him and maybe strengthen your bond with your friend :heart:

1 Like

It’s not love it’s a crush. Keep away from him. Get a hobby.

41 Likes

I would honestly stay away and respect that he is in a relationship with someone…:woman_shrugging:t2:

Imagine your best friend doing this to you? How would you feel?!?! There are things you simply dont even consider…. Just saying

17 Likes

I don’t think it’s love, if she was your best freind you wouldn’t fall in love her boyfreind I think he’s a crush i think you love with the idea of him cause of how great you get along, you need.to forget about it and move on imagine how hurt she would feel if she found out you Need to start dating other boys then you might see you don’t love him,

4 Likes

Keep it to yourself and don’t tell her… You’ll plant a seed of constant suspicion and could possibly ruin the relationship between you two! I believe in natural Chemistry. You simply can’t help it, but distance yourself from him until this hopefully passes! Best wishes :heart:

Stay away from him and her , don’t tell her just respect her .

8 Likes

Maybe distance yourself from him but not the friend? If you tell her, you risk her just dumping the friendship. If you suppress, but continue to be around him, the feelings could fester and cause irreversible damage (in more ways than one.). If she asks why you don’t want to hang with him, then maybe you could tell her why, and that you’re distancing yourself to put yourself back in your place. Idk. This is tough, but unless you hate your friend, you should probably distance yourself from him and not say anything…

4 Likes

You are not her friend. Might as well cut the friendship off.

1 Like

You’re not in love with him… You’re just infatuated with him… stay away from both of them!

11 Likes

You’re not a very good friend.

Just remove yourself. End of story. If you have any damned respect for your friend and their relationship, disappear. Seriously. Just disappear.

And the world’s worst friend award goes to…

1 Like

Telling your friends would most definitely cause your friends to not ever want to speak to you again. Your crossing many boundaries. How would you feel if your friend was in love with your BF ? Don’t say anything. If possible stay away from him and maybe her too.

1 Like

Nah. Don’t tell the friend. Create lots and lots of space from you and the boyfriend.

Consider implementing the Billy Graham rule. Sounds extreme, but… that’s what I would do.

1 Like

It’s super f&$@ed up. Stop with the drama and get some therapy.

3 Likes

Suppress yourself. You’re the one crossing boundaries.

1 Like

Unmmm please suppress them

1 Like

You’re contradicting yourself in this post smfh

You should stay far away from your “friend” and find your own man. You suck, and your friend deserves better.

Then you’re not a best friend.

While there are always laws of attraction at play … he is NOT yours.

To act in any way other than being happy for your BEST friend then you’re making it about YOU.

Definitely distance yourself … this is a LIFE test you’re facing, there is no gray area here it’s pass/fail … and you’re already leaning to failure by pondering all you think he is and could be to YOU.

Are YOU being the friend that you want/require others to be to you?

13 Likes

Get your own man. You’re not much of a best friend going after your friends man. Best to keep your distance from both & find some new friends & a man who is not already in a relationship.

12 Likes

Coming from the recipient of this situation… Don’t be a terrible human… You are selfishly creating wounds that you can never heal for your “so called best friend”

3 Likes

There are so many men in the world, find your own man. Don’t do that to your friend. If she was your friend you wouldn’t act on anything.

1 Like

If you didn’t mean for it then stop entertaining the thoughts and put distance from him so those feelings don’t accidently grow past what you’ve already let them. You ALLOWED yourself to hit a point of saying you’re IN LOVE with your best friends man. But crushing, not love, but already IN LOVE.
The only question is did he do ANYTHING to feed into your feelings? If not stop talking to him, avoid him and prob your friend too see you don’t hear about him go out and accidently fall in love with someone available

2 Likes

You’re not a good friend at all and certainly not her best friend. You sound immature. Get your own man and stay away from hers. There will be lots of people in life you get along with really well, you won’t need to be attracted to them all! Grow up.

the fantasy is usually better than the reality. your fantasizing, not in love. get over it and be a better friend

1 Like

Do not tell your friend. Stay away from him. Only spend time with your friend without her boyfriend being around. You will regret it if you tell her or act on your feelings toward him

1 Like

I understand that feelings happen, u can’t help that, what u can do is keep your distance, I think it might just be a huge crush u have but u will lose your best friend over this, just keep your distance.

Sounds trashy. Stay away from them
Both. Find someone else…

1 Like

This isnt love sweety it’s lust/infatuation. You will lose your friend if you tell her as she will not want you around him. What’s more important? Your friendship or a guy?

1 Like

In one statement you tell her and you will lose her friendship, make no mistake about that!!!

Friends just aren’t what they used to be.

It shouldn’t matter if his your type to a T have some self respect that’s your best friends man what’s wrong with you ? Jesus

2 Likes

Eww this is so messed up.

1 Like

Don’t be a homewrecker… stay away from him… you arnt a good friend to even SEE your friends bf that way… distance yourself. And get some help cause besides family, I can’t think of a bigger betrayal, then a best friend doing that to someone…

1 Like

You’re the type why I don’t keep friends

4 Likes

You are a horrible friend. Period!

1 Like

Yeah you lost best friend privileges when you said all that. Wtf is wrong with folks. That’s how you get beat up play stupid games you gonna win the grand prize love!

1 Like

I’d distance myself. Don’t hang out with them. If u do hang out with your friend then just do it outside her home where you could possibly be around her man. Don’t put yourself into situations where your feelings could deepen or you could possibly act on them. Bad enough you feel this way but to be spending time with them and u just lying to your friend is a bit ugly tbh. You can prevent anything from happening or you acting on ur feelings by staying away.

If you was really her friend you wouldn’t even look at her bf like that. Seem like you’re Just a sneaky snake in the grass ready to slither her way in. I’m sorry too much LM&N & you probably like 12-14 you can’t be grown with this type of mindset because how are you in love without having been messing with the guy. Chileeeee NEXT

She may be your best friend but you sure ain’t hers…

2 Likes