I am over potty training...advice?

I’m so over potty training. My 3.5 was doing great and almost staying dry all day and now I can’t get him to stop peeing all over the floor.

11 Likes

Take away diapers and pull ups completely and be consistent with the potty and in no time he will get it! And realize pee goes in the potty!

5 Likes

Make him start cleaning it up. My daughter has autism & that was advice from the therapist. She was potty pee pee trained in 2 weeks and poop trained in 4.

Mine didn’t know they needed to pee until aged five. Everything else before that was guesswork and regular toilet trips. If he’s peeing all over the floor, consider when you last reminded him to go to the toilet. And sometimes peeing on the floor just happens. Most kids grow out of it by six.

2 Likes

Look into potty training according to the Farmers Almanac! I’ve seen numerous mamas have luck with it!!!

It was a week or so before my sons 4th birthday before he 100% wouldn’t have accidents. He needs help wiping but besides that he’s solid! I took away everything we picked out undies he wanted and kept trying and he got rewards when he did good. I asked him if he wanted to be a big boy and use the big potty like mommy. He said he was scared to go on the little potty’s so I got stairs and the over the toilet potty seat and he started to go immediately! And we’ve been good since!

Maybe he’s just not ready? My boys both weren’t fully 100% potty trained till almost 4-5.

2 Likes

I have 4 kids. This happens. Don’t force it, be patient. Sometimes it helps if you take a step back for a couple weeks without pushing the potty so much. Then try to go back to it. My kids would go through a potty training relapse for a week or 2, right before they were completely trained.

My son’s about to be 6, and I can’t get him out of pull ups because he pees the bed. They do it when they are ready. (He also has purposely peed on my floor several times.)

Stay consistent. No back to diapers/ pullups. Put him on the potty several times a day even if he says he doesn’t need to go

1 Like

Give it a break (a month or two) and try again. When they’re really ready it clicks fast - and it is not unusual for boys especially to be closer to 4. Don’t sweat it!

3 Likes

Pull were the worse inventions! It delays potty training and makes the child lazy. Why g o to the bathroom when you can just pee in the pull-up?

Take him every 20-30 min. Cut down a Lil bit on drinks. I bribed mine with m&ms

Constant reminder every 2 hours or so remind him to go try , boys get busy playing and have accidents

Have him clean it up each time

Back in pull-ups… the gift of time i guess

Same problem with a 3 1/2 yr old girl :person_facepalming::person_shrugging: ( in her pants)

Once I knew she was really ready, the three day method worked for us, but we threw her a “big girl party” like a mini birthday and then spent the rest of that day and the next with no bottoms on at all. Yes we had accidents the first day, but by the end of the second she was staying dry and asking to go potty.

1 Like

Do you have a pet that has accidents ? Boys once the find out they can aim tend to mark everything. Have Daddy talk to him . Tell him he is a big boy now like Daddy . Big Boys Pee in the toilet . He will be fine .

1 Like

i honestly think boys can be lazier, my boy is 3 nearly 4 and the toilet training aint going well, literally no intrest and constantly back to square 1. so over it :rofl::rofl:

Inbox me with your your zodiac sign and I will tell you something about your spiritual life right now