I am pregnant after tubal ligation - has this happened to others?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

166 Likes

Yes it happened to me. I had my first tubal ligation after my son was born. My tubes were cut and burned. My son is 4 years old. I got pregnant again. My daughter is 17 months. After she was born, I had a second tubal ligation but my tubes were removed.

5 Likes

I Got a tubal ligation done after my 3rd child, 5 months later I was in the er being transported by ambo to closest hospital for emergency surgery. I was pregnant, tube ruptured, blood pressure drop and bled internally. I had to have the everything removed, including my tubes. I was totally fine all day went to work and allā€¦ ate lunch and my stomach started to hurt I thought I just had to poop, went to sit in the bathroom and I couldnā€™t move! It happened fast and it was not good I was curled in a ball and in so much pain!

2 Likes

I had a salpingectomy. My OB said theyā€™re doing those more often. They just remove the fallopian tubes completely and the egg is still released but just absorbs or dissolves. Canā€™t accidentally get pregnant if you donā€™t have the tubes anymore at all! He stated it reduces the likelihood of some cancers developing as well.

5 Likes

I had mine tied whenever I was under 20 I had a boy and a girl then and thought I was through I had one doctor who tried to put the tube back together but he said one was too short I was hoping for more now Iā€™m here at 48 years old and regrets ever doing it wish I would have more than just two so anybody who had it done and got pregnant that was God telling you you arenā€™t through he has a plan for you so be proud of what he gave you I would give anything to have another one

35 Likes

I, too, know if someone who had their tubes, cut, tied and burned and they got pregnant. That was years ago. I didnā€™t know it happens so often.

2 Likes

A friend of mine tested positive 4 days after her tubal was done. She is now 22 weeks carry a healthy baby

6 Likes

My husband worked in the urology clinic at one duty stations when he was in the Army. One day he told us about a guy who came in for a vasectomy .He and his wife had 3 children, after #3 she had her tubes tied. About two years later she was pregnant WITH triplets. He was having a vasectomy and she was having her tubes tied, burned, and whatever else they could do to cut the chances of anymore kids.

29 Likes

My mom had a tubal ligation and I was born 9 years later
She was also on birth control to regulate her cycles so she should have been safe but no ā€¦

2 Likes

Oh Lord! Youā€™re the second person Iā€™ve heard of recently. Makes me kinda nervous. How long ago was your tubal?

3 Likes

I worked with a lady for months, who I thought was pregnant. She swore she could not be pregnant because she had her tubes tied. She told me one day she just found out she was 6 months pregnant with her 4th and quit the next day. It was a terrible warehouse job that she would not have been working had she known sooner.

1 Like

I had my tubal ligation 3 years ago after my second son. We lost our son at 5 months in 2018. Iā€™d give anything to have another :disappointed:

22 Likes

A friend got pregnant after hubby a a vasectomy so afterwards she got her tubes tied and ended up pregnant again!
Human bodies are crazy sometimes!
Congrats!

1 Like

There are a whole lot of people in this works that were born to parents who thought their procedure worked.

6 Likes

How long after because I had it done its been almost 8 years and i havenā€™t got pregnant. Now you get me scared.

5 Likes

Someone I know did. Her husband got fixed after that. Got pregnant again (and it was his).

Yes I did. Mine was ectopic though. My tubes were completely removed after that. No problems since. That was about 20 years ago for me.

This happened to my mom! Cut, tied and burnt and my little brother slipped through a pin hole lol. Heā€™s always been the biggest pain in the ass of all us kids too :joy::joy: weā€™re all adults now so I can say that :joy:

18 Likes

My husbands mom had hers burnt tied and clipped after she had him and still got pregnant with his sister

7 Likes

It happens. Only 2 ways to absolutely NOT get pregnant. Donā€™t have sex or hysterectomy. Otherwise, there is ALWAYS a slim chance.

6 Likes

I personally donā€™t know anyone but my mom told me of a couple she met while she was pregnant with brotherā€¦ the man had had a vasectomy and she had had her tubes tired and she was pregnantā€¦

1 Like

A family friend of mine has had her tubes 6 different times and still had a baby after each procedure.

3 Likes

Sometimes I wish I didnā€™t get mine done or this would happened to me. I got mine tide after I found out my second child was autistic. I didnā€™t think it would be fair to either of my children or a new baby. My daughter needs a lot of extra attention/supervision.

14 Likes

I had my tubes tied, cut and burned July 2011. Havenā€™t gotten pregnant again but, sometimes I wish I could try again for a girl :heart_eyes: My husband and I tried 3 times. I totally wouldnā€™t be upset if I got pregnant again lol

1 Like

I had my tubes clipped after my last son 9 years ago. I havenā€™t gotten pregnant and sometimes I regret having it done but then I look at my hellions fighting and think f thatā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I know a girl that got pregnant but it was an ectopic pregnancy and she lost it then she got pregnant again and had a baby girl.

I had a baby 5 years after my tubes were cut, tied and burned. Sheā€™s 18 now and I had a hysterectomy when she was 3 so no chance of a second blessing.

18 years ago I had my tubal, no babies for me. Cut, tied and burned. So glad I did it. Iā€™ve heard of others becoming PG after.

1 Like

I had 2 beautiful girls, got my tubes tied, and then 19 years laterā€¦I was pregnant again ā€¦I finally got a handsome, healthy baby boyā€¦so , yes you can get pregnant after getting your tubes tiedā€¦

1 Like

I had a tubal in 2009 and am currently 21 weeks pregnant with a completely unexpected baby girl

1 Like

Going through an ectopic pregnancy right now and Iā€™ve had my tubes tied for 10 years.

1 Like

Daughter was born in 85 Had my tubal the next day ! Son was born in 90

1 Like

It happened to some kid I knew in school he was in 11/12th grade the baby of family and his mom got pg.

I had my tubes tied when I was 23 and this is a huge fear if mine. Iā€™m so scared of getting pregnant 10 years down the road and I am sooooo done having kids. Iā€™ve definitely heard of people getting pregnant after a tubal. Most tubals seem to fail pretty early on or 10 years afters its been done.

Had mine clamped 22 yrs ago and Iā€™m still all good . Really wish it had not worked so well , but Iā€™m blessed with 2 beautiful daughters .So itā€™s ok I guess ā€¦lol

Itā€™s supposed to be 99% effective. That sounds like a tiny amount until you realize that means that for every 100 women that get it done 1 gets pregnant. Times that by the millions of women that get it done every year.

My parents knew a coue who divorced cause he thought was fixed. They got back together. But yes Iā€™ve heard of that happening.

I had mine out after my 2 ned sonā€¦ But i worked with a lady that had hers tied for 14 years remarried and got pregnant

I got my tubes cut n burned when I was 25 after I had my son I got pregnant at 31 but it was a tubal pregnancy and they had to terminate the pregnancy

Twiceā€¦1st was 5 months after I had my 2nd child. Had 2nd tubal after 3rd child got pregnant 2 years later.

Yes after tubal ligation I got pregnant with a boy 3 months after . I lost him at 18 weeks . Then got pregnant with a little girl 3 years later. Sheā€™s now 3. Yes it def can happen

My sister had a tubal when she was 21, 14 years later, surprise!! Heā€™s the best surprise in the world tho.

Yes five years after I had it done I ended up pregnant again and now I have handsome 9 year old son

Happened to my mom. Thereā€™s 8 years between my brother and I bc of it.

Had mine cut tied and burned 17 years ago after my third kid. Luckily for me no more babies came after her

I had my tubes tied in 2014, in 2019 I did IVF and had my last son.

1 Like

Not my tubes tied, but after a vasectomy. Shes 12 weeks old now.

I have not had any issues when I had that done never got pregnant itā€™s been since 2013

1 Like

These days a lot of doctors recommended completely removing them to prevent pregnancy as well as reduce certain cancer risks.

My doctor told me that the statistic of this happening is actually 1 in 200. Now we see why itā€™s so common. I was alarmed when he told me that, then he said ā€˜donā€™t worry, it wonā€™t be youā€™ :joy:

1 Like

I had mine done 5 years ago, I donā€™t know that I would be terribly upset if we got pregnant :sweat_smile:

I had my tubes Burnt . I swear this better never happen to me

1 Like

After #4. Lasted a year. Heā€™ll be 18 in May.

It happened to me I got my tubes tied after I had my son and when he was 18 months old I found out I was pregnant again

Iā€™m about a month away from delivery :two_hearts::two_hearts: I had mine tied and here I am. Iā€™m scheduled for it to get done again after this baby. Hopefully it works out for me.

Doctor cut mind then tied mind. He said no way and that was over 40 yrs ago. It wasnā€™t long after they started doing that.

I had my tubes tied then 2 years later I got pregnant in my tubes.

July will be 19 years for me. No surprise babies here

I had mine 14 years ago at 44 after my #4 child! And now Iā€™m scared. I definitely donā€™t want another at my age.

When I had my tubes tied 29 years ago, my doctor told me it was not 100%.

9 years after a friend of mine tied her tubes, she got pregnant.

This is the reason I cant go through a tubal cause its not a 0%

Yes but I lost it and was deviated by it would lv to have had another chil

The exact reason why I opted to have my tubes removed not tied 2 years ago.

Yep Iā€™m 16 weeks and I had one 3 years ago!

Iā€™ve had my tubes clamped since 2011 no pregnancy here but seeing this is scary

tubal ligation is which form? cut burned removed?

1 Like

tubal ligation.@10,1% may happen.

I have had mine done since 2011 I really hope it doesnā€™t happen to me

I pray it happens for me. Everyday I regret having mine done.

1 Like

If both of you fallopian tube has been tied up only. Its possible for you to get pregnant because the tie might be loosen. But if the tube has been cut, it wonā€™t be possible. Iā€™m talking about both tubes here ok? :blush:

Didnā€™t happen to me but someone told me that it happened to them.

How long since your tubal?

1 Like

13 yrs fetus free!!! I do regret it thoughā€¦

How long ago did you have them tied???

How long after tubal ligation ( cut, tied and burned) did anyone on here became pregnant???

Thatā€™s how I ended up with my 4th

Nothing is 100% but abstinence!!

Where u clipped or cut and burned?

It happened to me twiceā€¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™€šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™€:rofl: First time, I had a miscarriage and the second time I actually gave birth to my daughter.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::purple_heart:

Yes, I had a miscarriage 9 months after having mine done.

I have a tubal and I would be so upset

1 Like

Phantom pregnancy maybe?

I got mytubes tied 6 years ago after the birth of mylast son just this passed Nov. (Thanksgiving to be exact) I found out i was pregnant in mytubes had to have surgery to get the fetus removes because it punctured my right fallopian tube and i was bleeding on the inside so now my whole right tube had to be removed and I only have the left one left it was a shocker to me too but now I know its very much possible now I cramp worse than usual on my cycle and its only on my right side I still donā€™t understand that part

1 Like

I hope this happens to me. I regret getting my tubal done :sob:

1 Like

Happened to me and my sister.

2 Likes

Yes and I miscarried mine they were twins

My husband and I got pregnant after he had a dysectomy.

This happened to my SIL 3 times!

I pray every day that I can I would love my own bio boy

Crazy how i have all my parts almost 34 and never been pregnant once but people can have kids after tubals. Well isnt God fascinating!

I think it depends how the tubals are done. I had mine done at 23 after my 2nd child and they were tied and burned my doctor didnā€™t want to do it because of my age he said it couldnā€™t be reversed. Anyway Iā€™ll be 44 in November and mine held up!

My friend has a 2yr old she got after that

Ok all these experiences are scaring me nowā€¦:scream:

Me and my mom both did

Not even a yr after my tubal ligation I got pregnantā€¦ twice!! Tubes removed

My sister had this with her first.

Only true way is take the parts out. L

It happened to me but mine ended up a ectopic pregnancy (tubal pregnancy).

Tubal ligation (tied tubes), salpingectomies (tubes removed), & vasectomies are not 100%. Salpingectomies are more effective. With a vasectomy you have to specify you want more cut/removed. But these still leave possibilities of pregnancies.

1 Like

This is why I got my fallopian tubes removed instead of tiedšŸ˜³