I am pregnant and diagnosed with cholestasis: Advice?

Just got diagnosed with cholestasis . Has anybody gone through this ? I’m 32 weeks so they want to try and keep baby in a little longer

8 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am pregnant and diagnosed with cholestasis: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I had it with 2 of my pregnancy I survived my my whole journey being pregnant. 1 one I didn’t know they have medicine to calm it down so I was really in so much pain and going crazy but finally once you have baby your back to normal.

1 Like

Cholestasis of pregnancy - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic.

I had it also I was soooo itchy but effects of cholestasis should mean baby should be delivered earlier not no later I was induced at 38 weeks he wanted to do 37 but I said 38 would be fine bc my blood work levels were very low at that point and not too worrisome.

1 Like

You have to deliver by 37 weeks or could be still born I had it with my 5th and 6th and possibly my 4th they don’t know how my 4th survived until his due date

1 Like

Yes I had it with both my kids. It was awful, I had allll the symptoms you could get with it, not just itching. You’ll get extra monitoring 2x a week, URSO meds. And be sure to take it, it protects your baby. Level of bile acids determines when you’ll be induced.

I had it with all 3 of my pregnancies. Bathe in oatmeal baths and take the urso. They usually induce by 37 weeks.

My sister had this… they gave her meds and took baby at 35 weeks