I am pregnant and having sharp pains: Thoughts?

I had it! Felt like little knife jabs entering into my vagina when I walked!

After I laid down and relaxed they went away!

I find when he’s head down they are the worse! And every time he’s breech I have none!

I’m 38 weeks and heads engaged … and they are back haha :grimacing:.

Just your uterus stretching. Very normal

1 Like

Sounds like third trimester pregnancy

If it feels like your pelvic bone is going to break in half…its normal unfortunately :woman_facepalming: lol…called lightening crotch! Had it with all 3 of my babies, some worse! It doesn’t hurt to get checked out if your concerned.

Welcome to lightening crotch.

Sounds like vagina lightning

It’s called “lighting” lol baby’s prob pushing down there but I would call dr anyway for sure if you think something may be wrong and it’s consistent.

And yr asking on here? :thinking:

If it’s your pelvic bone when getting out of car that happened to me a lot. The beauty of relaxin

Lightening crotch. I never had it with my first but had them almost every day with my second. Super painful and nothing you can do about it. I’m sorry, it’ll be worth it though :two_hearts:

1 Like

Could be the way baby is laying

Normal….your womb is growing but wait till the babs busts out. Then post about pain detail.

Oh the joys of pregnancy :heart::joy: it’s normal but if you want more peace of mind you can call your doctor.

3 Likes

It’s easy to say it’s lightning crotch and stretching but it could be other serious issues too that would cause terrible outcomes if not treated so ALWAYS call your doctor instead taking advice off the internet while pregnant. I promise I am not trying to be a Karen, I have just seen too much.

7 Likes

yes completely normal due to the fact you’re growing a baby only panic if the pain follows with blood then time to head to hospital

Omg l never heard of lightening crotch and l am glad of it… Not once with three babies.

It’s normalllll. It’s called lightening crotch :sob: Hang in there!

My doctor called them “zingers” and said they are totally normal. It definitely will stop you in your tracks. Just try to get some rest mama.

If you’re worried always call your Dr. I promise they are more than happy to see you. But it could be your round ligaments stretching or baby pushing down.

1 Like

Lightening crotch. Normal!

Stop asking Dr. Facebook and Nurse Google. FFS call your OB.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Could be normal but you could always call your ob office if you’re concerned.

1 Like

I had them throughout my whole pregnancy! They said it was normal pregnancy stuff like ligaments stretching. If they’re constantly happening and you’re having extreme discomfort I would check with your doctor.

When in doubt ALWAYS get checked. You know your body better then anyone here would. Call OB and speak to a nurse and see what they tell you. However I will say it can be pretty normal. However every woman and pregnancy is different.

Honey, my first pregnancy every pain I felt I went in or called my ob. The second at 27 and 6 I started having mild contracting everyone told me it was Braxton hicks. I was not I went into full labor. They stopped it twice before we took her by c-section at 28 and 2. Listen to you body. Call some one if it’s to much to pain. Better be safe then sorry

I’m on my 6th baby and lord I’m still learning new things. A lot of the pelvic pain you’ll feel is your body adjusting to the growing baby… just keep track of it and can always call your ob office to ease mind.

I had alot of pain down there also alot of braxton his starting around that time. My baby was born 3 weeks early but healthy as can be. He was just very low

Call the doctor and ask about your symptoms

Lightening crotch. Hated it but apparently very common.

Normal. It’s called Round Ligament Pain. Google it.

As long as there’s no bleeding it’s probably lightning crotch. It sucks but nothing to worry about. If you can’t shake the worried feeling though, go to the e.r. or at least call and talk to the OB on call, it’s always better to be safe and easing your mind really counts during pregnancy.

Ive got this now as we speak. This is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time its happened. Ive adjusted how i sit, usually lying down helps and a slight massage

Lightning crotch - i call this shooty nun :joy::joy: stops you in your tracks !!!