I am pregnant and I think I injured my back: Advice?

Has anyone else ever experienced injuring your back muscles or lower ribs being injured in the last few weeks of pregnancy? I’m 36 weeks pregnant and went to cough earlier, and when I did, I felt a huge pop in my lower ribs, and now I can barely move! It’s so painful I have no idea what to do or if I could be really injured just from coughing.

9 Likes

Go shit out that monkey :monkey:

Best to go see your dr.

1 Like

Definitely call up your doc!

1 Like

People have broken ribs from coughing so it’s possible. Go in to get checked.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen I had bronchitis when I was 8 months pregnant. I was coughing so hard I tore a muscle in my lower back! I was in so much pain went to the hospital they checked everything gave me meds on was on bedrest for a while

You should call your DR.
But you can also see a chiropractor while you are pregnant. Alot of people are not aware of that.

I had this. Coughing excessively can cause your ribs to get inflamed. I would tear up every time I would cough and if I got the hiccups I thought I was going to die. I couldn’t twist or even lay on my right side. It was AWFUL. Unfortunately, there’s nothing that they can do or give you to help. Just tylenol and to kick the sickness! It took about 2 months for mine to finally heal up

Go. To. The. Doctor!

2 Likes

You could of broke a rib.

I injured my back and couldnt walk the next day, and they wanted to check the heartbeat and make sure baby was okay, and all that, very important to get checked!

You could have a broken rib, see Doc

Definitely go to the docs asap

Go to your Dr you could have broken or cracked a rib! And yes it can happen from coughing too hard or when you’re pregnant. Best if luck

Go to the er and get checked.

I pulled a muscle in my back coughing before. Crazy stuff happens

Broken rib, not sure they can do much for you being pregnant. I broke mine coughing and all they did was give me pain meds.

You need to get to a Chiropractor or your medical doctor to get
Checked out!

1 Like

Go to ER and get checked

Let’s not go to the doctor. Let’s see what a bunch of random people say. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I am 18 weeks pregnant and I puked Monday night and I’m sure I pulled or strained something … when I laugh or cough my ribs hurt on my right side at my back it’s brutal :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: but hoping it gets better soon

I’m severely injured
Let’s ask Facebook !?

Go to the dr !!!

3 Likes

See a chiropractor. I slipped a rib during my pregnancy though it was painful, it was fixed

1 Like

I broke ribs by coughing (had pneumonia). You need to see a a Dr.

I just did the same thing, went to urgent care. All they said to do was tylenol and a heat pad. It finally went away after a few days.

I did the same thing, there was nothing they could do, I just had to suck it up, it got better after a few days, but the first few days were awful, could not even laugh!

Be healed from back pain Amene.

I’m 36 weeks and even though I haven’t injured my back, I just had a extreme pain shoot up the side of my spine and now I’m laying here feeling like I’m going to throw up

u likely pulled a muscle or ur ribs r out of place (ur joints lossen/soften when u get to the end of ur pregnancy so it makes it easier for things to become out of place) from coughing so much rest for a few days maybe try an ice pack or heating pad maybe 1 then the other

You May have a broken rib. You need to go in right away. A broken rib can puncture a lung. Please get it checked out.

1 Like

Go to the doctor NOW!!!

Might just be a rib out but I’ve heard of ppl cracking a rib from a cough

Go to the ER ASAP! Ur pregnant! Dnt mess around!

Go to the doctor why go to facebook? You’re pregnant. Be smart

1 Like

Chiropractor rib out of place nothing that you need to run to the emergency room for

Probably cracked a rib, get it checked out.