I am pregnant and my SO walked out on me: Advice?

This is toxic ac leave girl. He walks out every now and then? Like no hes not health sis, no one should do that especially if he walks out when your pregnant. If he cared he wouldnt abandon you all the time to do god knows what.

2 Likes

He is telling you with his actions exact what he wants to do with you…nothing. You HAVE to pull yourself together and leave him alone and dont let him come back. That is abuse to leave and cold shoulder. You are worth so much more.

Make better choices so you are not in this situation. Why would you choose to get pregnant by a man why walks out on you and your kids. Why would you want him back. Change the locks or move out and figure out how to care for your kids.

2 Likes

Stop playing the victim and being a doormat. You know you put herself in this situation for allowing this revolving door relationship. For the sake of raising your kids in a positive manner and good environment, it’s best you do this on your own. Show your kids you have self worth and dignity regardless how young they are they’ll remember mommy being strong for them and putting them first before herself especially before any man. Keep in mind your life is really no longer yours and your soul purpose in life from now on is to provide for and protect your kids period. Your lonely at night read a book, take a long bath and relax.

6 Likes

A) You deserve better, let him walk. Dont call him, dont ask him to come back, & most definitely dont give him the satisfaction of crying over him. If he is going to be unstable and randomly come & go, which not only affects you but the kids as well, he is better off gone. I know its easy for me to say. Further, because you have established this pattern of accepting him back he is now expecting it. Don’t cave this time, it will be hard, but dont.

There are lots of resources out there for single moms, especially pregnant ones. I encourage you to find your strength to create independence.

1. One thing that came to mind to get you a support system is Facebook groups. Most cities or counties when there are clusters of smaller towns, have a FB group for parents or even moms specifically in that area. See if yours has one and try to reach out to some other mommas, I bet you will find supportive women – some of them probably have been through something similar.
1 Like

Let him keep walking…when you have kids with someone ,you just donot walk out on them

1 Like

This is probably a wake call for you to quit having babies he doesn’t want, lota loose men don’t want babies they just want their cake and eat it no interference from noisy off-springs.

1 Like

And once he comes back…you are going to be worried and waiting for the next time he walks out. Be strong and out your foot down and don’t let him come back. You are worth so much more than this. Easier said then done, I know. But once you put some self control back into your life you will feel so much better.

3 Likes

Hun if he walks out once let him go do let anyone play with your heart or your children’s hearts. That is teaching the kids that it’s ok to just leave

1 Like

“and I am utterly devastated this is something he does every now and then” If he doesnt come back sounds like hes done you a favor. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.

3 Likes

Girl, you can talk to me
Be strong you dont need that.

This was me 2 years ago with a one year old. This year is the complete opposite.
People with these habits (meaning him) rarely change and will create any scenerio to avoid the reality of the situation to their benefit. Beautiful Mama please don’t be fooled by that Demon in your bed. He’s not your lover, he’s not your friend. Probably not what you want to hear. I promise once you just let him go remind yourself that you will get through this pregnancy with all your amazing wonderful awesome babies, let them fill your voids! You will realize all your power slowly yet surely. After the babies born turn yourself into the butterfly of your dreams and once you are where you belong, a beautiful man with a beautiful and kind heart mind and soul will make his way to you :pray:.

2 Likes

It’s a shit relationship, hes a shit person and you’re being a total door mat

He’s not a man and definitely not worth your time. Take care of you and love yourself until a real man is. For now, go through the court and be sure to have him pay child support when that baby gets here. He doesn’t have to be a part of the baby’s life if he wants to act like a little boy and walk out on you but you sure in hell deserve help financially from that ass.

Is there a reason he keeps walking out and why did he walk out this time. Did he want a baby

One honey go on birth control after you have this baby.This baby is at least your 3 kid.You need to focus on your self,and your kids,not a man.If he keeps walking out,then stop letting him back in.Get therapy for yourself.Don’t be a welcome mat that he stomps all over.

Well I’d let this be the last time he walked out!!

I’m so tired of us women having to do it all. I’m so sorry you’re here but go on and make your own happily ever after. That’s what we have to do. Hit him with child support please

2 Likes

Dont give him any attention… Cut contact just like he did. Bet he wont like that at all . They never do . When they leave us hanging and we call n call then message after message, they laugh at us . But when we stop that’s when they start thinking …
Be strong , stay busy .

1 Like

Being pregnant and him leaving is an issue for me. He is providing funds for you I hope. If you are working that helps. if he has done it before and now again he is pretty sure you will take him back. Been there. I got myself and our son set up, I got a job, child care and lined an apartment for us to go to. I loved him when we left I just ‘LET GO’. Our son didn’t know him really he would leave for 2 - 3 days at a time. For you with kids it is best HE GOES!! Don’t disrupt the kids. I was with him for 11 years, It is hard but have to be strong!! He broke your trust in him and it will continue. He does not love you and really being lonely you forget what all is going on. Remember how many good days and bad days with him? Pro’s and Con’s ? You don’t need him.

Sounds like you need to grow as a person and learn to keep yourself happy. Also not having real friends is a reflection of not being a real friend sometimes. :woman_shrugging:t5: relax for the baby sake and good luck.

Start to make friends and enjoy being with your kids. If he walks out now…clearly he doesn’t care, this is the time he should be supporting n being with you the most. Stay strong

He walked out on you & has done this before, he’s everything to you, you have no real friends and he refuses to respond to you at all.

1. Manipulation & control (Possibly cheating)
    2,3. Isolation, control
  2. Manipulation &Control,
    Welcome. You’re a victim of abuse. Now what are you going to do about this? Feel free to message me. Sad.

I’ve been in a similar situation and he was cheating on me I don’t know your entire story but you said he continually does this ?is he controlling? The relationship I was in it was a way to make me feel bad and control me make me feel what it’s like to not have him in my life and it was mind games a person who does that does not care about you they are selfish immature and not ready for a relationship I’m not judging you on your actions like some of the others here but you should not be in a relationship with someone like that especially when he is a role model for your children I know it hurts I know that feeling all to well and it will take time to get past that feeling of loneliness and heartache but you can and if you are worried about it financially then I would get assistance and start immediately so you and your children will have what they need a relationship is all about communication, honesty, trust and respect and if that is not something that can be accomplished in your relationship then it’s not worth having if you feel that you don’t deserve better I know that your children do . Everything in your life effects them. You have to think about what is best for them and what kind of relationships do you want your children to have . You are teaching them . No one deserves to be in an abusive relationship! There are many kinds of abuse. You can do this on your own you don’t need him and actually if you show him that and not message him he will probably come running back cuz it sounds to me that is the kind of person he is but once you pick yourself up you will realize that you are worth more and don’t need that in you or your children’s life

Sounds like a narcissist

1 Like

Listening to this , why would you want or settle for someone like this , take care of you and your children, :heartpulse:

first problem here is…he has done this before, second problem here is…why no friends??? Honey you need friends, friends have each others back. Find some good friends. Third problem here is…will you take him back?? If so…sorry, he will continue to do whatever he wants because he know you will take him back, because you love him so much.!!! That’s not love, everyone deserved someone to love them unconditionally & this isn’t happening

Hun don’t let him come and go like that…he ain’t the one for you if he treats you that way. Look for your real soulmate

Sorry you are hurting and along But is this the type of man you want to be with

Girl, MOVE ON. You AND your kids are better off without a man-child who thinks it’s ok to abandon you at your most vulnerable time.

First you need to realize your worth and ask yourself WHY you’re even letting him come back…

Why does he have the option?

That’s not love. Let it go already.

Ignore him I bet after a week or so of u not pestering him by trying to contact him he will probably be back on the phone , it’s hard at night when kids are in bed and u have no one to talk to except four walls I know I have been there but u will get through it and by time he gets back in contact u probably won’t even be that bothered and tbh if this is what he does then your better off getting out now rather than later cause it will be even harder the longer it goes on and the only one suffering is u and your kids

Sounds to me as if you are better off…some of the most difficult times in our lives are the ones that make us better. Coming from experience…stand up, stand tall and you be the fabulous woman and mother you are. It hurts. I know it does but this too shall pass and you will find yourself empowered on the other side. Hang in there mama!
#prayers
#youvegotthis

4 Likes

So sorry, but it sounds like he’s doing “his thing”. My last relationship was like that for 3yrs then when I woke up & decided to leave him, he couldn’t believe I’d do him like that. He’d want to go out & “just ride & think” then come home all hrs of the of the night. Think of your babies & yourself FIRST, you deserve MUCH BETTER. Give it to God & He will see you through. I made it through 2 abusive relationships, NEVER AGAIN!!

1 Like

Stand up dust your self off and get back up again. Take your day step by step and each step you celebrate either I yay I did! I brushed my hair, I took a shower. I got the kids ready for school, I took the kids to school. I fed the children. Went to an appointment. I can do this. Smallest steps big victories!

2 Likes

I am truly sorry :neutral_face: for you!But if this man walks out on you now while you are pregnant and needing him the most now, he will walk out on you anytime!Keep your pride!If you need help go to you mom until you get on your feet and let him go he will only hurt you again it’s just a matter of time!

1 Like

You can do it. Dont bring trash back in after you get out of the house. He isn’t the one God has for you. You will be fine without a man who would leave you when you are carrying his child.

If comes back he just keep this up - I spend 15 years living like this honey save yourself the heartbreak-
It’s honestly a mental health conditions-

If this isn’t the first time you need to make it the last time. Period. Nobody needs a flaky SO. And the kids deserve better. Grieve how you must but I’d personally not enable it indulge myself or him in this comfort of coming and going. Period.

3 Likes

Im sorry your going through this and i hate to be tje Ahole here but if he walks out now amd then you shoulda left long ago, you and your children need stability not someone who walks in and out when they please…

When you depend on one person to be your everything. You are in trouble. I’d say get yourself together. Find something to do at night. On line school. Take one class. Find you and dont depend on anyone. Do things with your kids . Park. Library. Anything like that. Game night, movie night. Then really think hard about how many kids can you handle on your own. Today’s world is very hard for relationships. Stick with it. Get your head around it, move forward one foot at a time. It sounds like he will continue to do it from what you said.

1 Like

How many signs do you need !!! :thinking:
Move on and have enough respect for yourself and your family ,to not accept that type of person in your life or even as an example for your kids!!
Pull up those boot straps and be a survivor not a victim!!

6 Likes

Just keep moving forward . . . Dont even waste your time.
U need to stay stress free for baby and your children xxx

5 Likes

Sounds like he needs to grow up and he is out cheating. You deserve better and more. Let him stay gone and focus on you and your children

4 Likes

Ok enough games .Be the winner here.There are kids involved you know what you need to do .So get to gettin. Girl!!

Getting tired of these kinds of stories… is this now Teen Mom’s II Page ?

Wake up girl, move on don’t let this POS do this to you and the kids. He does it cause you allow it. Take control.

Im praying for u but u can do it later u gone look back and say why did i stay this long

F him.you will be fine with out him.trust God
There’s some one better for you

Your stronger than you think,only person to depend on is yourself,toss everything of his outside, burn it, and with this let him go!!!

1 Like

It may take a while but you will get over him. Don’t let him keep coming and going just cut him loose. You can raise your kids by yourself and you will meet someone else better

Take his money. Find happiness in your own family then every thing will fall into place

4 Likes

Head for the hills, you dont need him, make some friends,go on forget bout past, make future for u and kids

2 Likes

If he comes back he will do it again. You are a mother. You are teaching your kids this is an acceptable way to treat women. You are teaching them this is how they should be treated. Get on section 8, find a house close to your local community college. get a grant and go to college. Do not ever take out a student lone for any reason. Find a government program for daycare. Get a degree. Get a good job. Show your kids how to be a strong respectable woman they can be proud of. They will try to follow in your foot steps. Take a path that you will be proud to see them follow. Don’t sell yourself short. Don’t be their reason to copout.

You need to sign up for government assistance and see what you can get. Call 211.org to find resources for child care and maybe transportation and you need to get strong. You don’t need this man. You need inner strength. You may have to move in with family or friends and push pride aside. You need to file for child support for all of your kids. If you haven’t. You can do this no matter how bad your resources are. There are places you can go while pregnant with kids that 211.org number or website can assist with ideas. You have to work fast if you’re financially dependent. You also have to make sure did you are to not be in that boat ever again with anyone when you have kids. As for the relationship you have to demand respect he doesn’t get to leave go fuck around do his dumb shit and come back… HELL NO! STD’s, aids, new female with a baby he could bring all this back to you when he comes home and if you don’t punish him you set the precedent that it is ok for him to do this and you will always forgive him. You will be fine if he doesn’t come back. YOU WILL FLOURISH AND BECOME BETTER AND SMARTER. Fuck him in the ass what a prick to leave you pregnant!