I am pregnant and my SO walked out on me: Advice?

My OH has up and walked out on me, and I’m pregnant with our baby I have other kids from the previous relationship, and I am utterly devastated this is something he does every now and then, but I’m afraid this time he won’t come back I know I have kids to look after, and I am doing that, but that doesn’t help in the evening when the kids are in bed I feel so lonely I have no real friends he was everything to me I love him so much I just don’t understand how he can do this he refuses to talk to me at all won’t respond to any means of contact I just don’t know what to do or how I will get over it if he doesn’t come back

44 Likes

I wouldn’t allow someone in my children’s lives unless they were reliable…think about how that instability affects your children…I get that it hurts, and it’s sucks but sounds like you need to set a major boundary.

17 Likes

You’re a momma you’ll dust yourself off and be strong because you have to for your babies. Frankly your dude sucks because he should not be putting this kind of stress on you when your pregnant he doesnt sound very reliable. My advice get a MAN someone reliable and stable

9 Likes

So he does this on occasion? Why would you stay with someone that does that to you and your children. I’m sorry but he’s a loser and you should move forward with your life.

Agree with the others. Dont chase after someone or force them to stay

5 Likes

I’m sorry. This sucks. Happened 2 me 2 with my very 1st pregnancy. He just was overwhelmed n walked out. Came back when r son was about 2 months old. Did it again when r son was 8 n we also had 2 other small children. That was it 4 me. I divorced him. Never looked back. U can n u will survive.

2 Likes

If he’s up and done it a few times before he will continue to- if he comes back tell him no thanks I’m good. Zebras don’t change their stripes

6 Likes

Don’t allow him to come back. You should have to put up with that. And neither should your kids and future child

2 Likes

What is OH? Is SO significant other? It’s painful reading these sometimes. Can’t we just write what we mean? :joy:

5 Likes

Honey, dont let him come back. If he can up and just walk out any time and think nothing of it, especially now, hes not reliable, and could and would do it again at ANY time. You deserve better. Your babies deserve better. And you need someone who is steady, dependable, and committed. When and if things go wrong isn’t a reason to leave. It’s then that they should be coming together to fix it instead of running away. If there aren’t issues, then he’s simply making you an option rather than priority. Either way, you deserve better. So demand it. You teach people how to treat you by what you allow. This leaving bologna stops now.

6 Likes

Let him stay gone. Get help financially from him. Things will be better for your little family with out someone like that. I’ve been there.

2 Likes

He KNOWS your pregnant and he walked out?? You know the answer. Do you want to live like that the rest of your life? Because he will do it again and again. Don’t put up with that crap. There are many other possibilities in life.

6 Likes

Don’t allow him back. You and those kids deserve someone stable. You do what you have to do to get through this for yourself and your babies. Focus on you. You’ll be okay.

4 Likes

If he can walk away from you like that you don’t want him trust me. You can do this on your own I believe in you but please don’t let him come back because he will, but that doesn’t mean that he loves you. You’re worth so much more than that

3 Likes

Don’t let a man continue to run u over he isn’t worth it if he continues to come back in and out of your life not only yours but the kids as well it’s not healthy for you are . It may be hard in the beginning believe me but you will pick up and make me on I promise u will it will make u a stronger person that what u are now …so u take care of you and your kids and so t let him back in cause he isn’t worth it if he has hurt u once he will hurt u again

1 Like

Why would you continue putting your kids through this ? You should think about the kids before yourself. Stop chasing someone that doesn’t want to be kept . Focus on your kids and you will end up finding someone better.

6 Likes

Don’t allow that back. Allow him to be a dad to his kid(s) if he wants and is fit. But girl DONT settle for a man like that in your life. Especially if it’s something he does. He doesn’t respect you and the sooner you move on the better and healthier that will be. Trust me.

6 Likes

You’re letting him treat you like a doormat. Let him com

5 Likes

He is a jerk, and i know this from experience. I was in the same situation years ago, was pregnant with our 2nd child, after 2 yrs. of marriage, didn’t take of either of them. You may be hurting now, but you will survive. You will be better off in the long run.

1 Like

I raised my first 3 alone and Minday I’ll have another baby so I’ve been there. If he has done this in the past u shouldn’t have gotten pregnant. I wouldn’t waste my time trying to get him to respond just move on . I rather be alone than have someone do this repeatedly to me and my kids.

3 Likes

No other option BUT to get over it, you have kids that need you. Youll grow from this, so get up & handle it…

2 Likes

Block him on all forms and move on. Is this seriously what you want for the rest of your life… to constantly be wondering when he will come back or leave again??? That’s no way to life.

6 Likes

Stop letting him come back and do that to you.

1 Like

My SO and I have both said we wouldn’t just walk out or leave because that would be very hard to come back mentally. If I were you, I wouldn’t let him come back. He can be around for the baby but other than that… :v:t2::v:t2::fu:t2:

1 Like

How sad but why would you even think someone like this is worth any anything? Definitely not worth being a father or partner. Who does this to someone carrying their child? Someone they love. If they loved or cared… they would NOT put you in this situation. Sounds like you need to be alone and reflect on the men you choose to bring into your AND YOUR CHILDREN’S life. Sorry if that sounds mean.

4 Likes

I’m sorry it sucks I know my ex left me when I was 2 months pregnant never has met or had any involvement with our son. It was very hard it took me about 2 years to get over it (we were together for a little over a year) I just tried to focus on my son as much as possible and when he was not with me or asleep I would do stuff to distract myself.

Throw his shit iutta the house, and wash your hsnds of him.

Listen to what he’s telling you by walking out of the kids lives, your life and your unborn child’s life: “I am not ready to be a parent.” “I am putting myself before you and the kids.” “Bringing you sadness and pain does not bother me.” But most importantly “I will be nowhere to be found when any of you need me.” You and the children deserve much more than what he is capable of giving you. He will not change so you need to. And I guarantee the moment you get right with yourself and find your happiness he will come back, Don’t let him! Remember everything that he’s done. You are more than your relationship.

31 Likes

The problem is you allowing him to come back. Next time he wont come back alone. Us mothers are stronger than we realize. Let him go, it will be hard but you can do it. Best of luck

6 Likes

You deserve better than him

Toxic as fuck. You’re better off. If he can walk away like that then he was never really there for you

You already know what you have to do. You’re stronger than you’re allowing yourself to believe you are. Just do you, dude. Take care of those kids how you know you have to and keep the doors locked. Just remember the little ones are watching and deserve to see their mom treated right, the same way you deserve to be treated right.

2 Likes

Grow up and learn to take care of yourself

9 Likes

Find you. If your stronger independent you’ll see .

1 Like

He wants you to beg him to come back so he can lead you with a wet paper string through out your relationship. Let him go!

7 Likes

Stop messaging him and don’t let him come back. See how fast he changes his mind. Then when he tries coming back don’t let him.

5 Likes

Why these girls play down with these guys
For the love of God don’t u see the red flags with these guys before you have a baby with him
This well never stop more poor girls with kids on welfare so sad

3 Likes

He walks out on you “every now and then”? I wouldn’t want him to come back and do it again. Especially after the baby is born. To me, it sounds like the trash took itself out…

6 Likes

You will find a way mama. I know it seems tough right now and like it’s all falling apart, but you got those little loves to take care of. If he’s stupid to walk away (again) while you’re pregnant let him be. It’s a blessing in disguise. You will figure this out.

As hard as it is, you will get through and rise up. Don’t let him define you. Do you and what you have to do. You DESERVE more than what he can obviously give.

2 Likes

If this is something he does every now and then, let him stay away. Kids need stability, and there’s nothing more devastating to a child than being abandoned by a parental figure. If they never see him, they won’t miss him when he decides to shag his selfish butt out the door.

9 Likes

Leave you can do better

1 Like

The wisest thing you can do is, learn to be happy for yourself and better by yourself, you have your beautiful kids that’s all that matter most in this world. I’ve been through it, plenty of other women have been through this same situation just like you. You will get through this better and stronger than ever. A man who feels it’s ok to put you through this in your weakest time, will always do it again for any reason. You’re worth so much more, there will a better man in the future who deserves you and your kids. Meanwhile take care of yourself, your kids and learn to be happy on your own. You’ll never go back to feeling emotionally dependent, esp. not on any boy who he can just walk in and out playing house. Best wishes to you and your baby.

6 Likes

Be strong . You deserve so much better and so do your kids.

1 Like

No offence but it sounds like he can just walk in and out because you have allowed him to (I know its hard iv been there) tell him you are done and don’t want him back bet you he responds

2 Likes

I would go speak with someone this is not a healthy relationship and I’m sure you dont want to let your kids grow up and think that’s a healthy relationship. You deserve better! Be strong and keep on mommin! You dont NEED a relationship like that.

1 Like

Who comes up with these?? :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Facts boy bye :wave: he knows your weak without him so show him that’s not the case and be strong :muscle:… I’m 31 I don’t play that bs ass game… you leaving? Ok see ya!

I’m there with you. I’m pregnant and just had my relationship end because he was cheating on me. It feels horrible. I’m here if you need to talk!

1 Like

You and the children deserve stability. He is toxic to all of you. Good luck, momma. Stay strong.

2 Likes

Probably seeing someone else. I’d end it.

If he’s done this before (sounds like he has) u need to move on!! Take care of ur children and find someone stable that will be good for u AND ur kids!!! Quit letting him hurt u AND ur children! Ur 1st priority should be ur kids. Letting him continue to hurt u all is not taking care of and protecting ur children

Same with me! Is your SO a Taurus Bc mines is and they are stubborn and set in there ways. What I learned for this is to Let go and Let God. That’s all we can do. We can damage our baby with stress by crying every night and not taking care of ourselves. You are a super woman! You got this .

honestly, the beat thing that every happened to me was my SO walking out a month after I had our child. it’s unbelievablly hard, traumatic even, but it’s possible. if you’re lonely or want to talk you can always message me though! don’t have a lot of friends either :upside_down_face: #singlemomlife

Girl you don’t need him to come back… that is worse for you n the baby. What he’s doing is unhealthy for all of you, esp that baby. I know it gets lonely, trust me, but join an online group and take that time to care better for yourself. N if u want him back that bad… distance yourself… within 2 weeks he’ll be calling you if you stay away. N if he doesn’t come back… eventually you’ll get over it n one day realize he’s not worth the price of the pedestal you had him on.

1 Like

Why put up with him doing this to you you deserve better then this your children deserves a good role model in there life it’s better to separate from him then stay with someone who doesn’t appreciate you

1 Like

Dump the bastard, he isn’t worth anything

The baby needs you and I think all the mother would agree. You don’t need him. You can do this mama, screw him if he doesnt wanna be there for you. Then he doesnt deserve either one of you.

1 Like

Don’t be a door mat , find someone who will be there.

1 Like

Damn… these situations seem to be so common it’s almost the norm… something similar happened to me.

Schedule some counseling, don’t settle. Don’t give it any energy. I know it hurts. Focus on your kids and feed yourself positive thoughts. Rally some support for help with the kids, make sure your eating and drinking for baby, resting, and pray. Stay strong. You will get though this.

Wow, some of these questions are really pathetic. You did what you have to do for your kids. Your wants don’t matter anymore

1 Like

Do you really want him back .he’s definitely not committed to you or the relationship.and he’s not going to stop doing it because you take him back every time …time to put on those big girl panties and move on

1 Like

You put your big girl panties on and, you just make shit happen.
Either y’all have a toxic relationship, or he has some issues he needs to work on… Someone don’t just randomly keep walking out. You going to wait until the baby is here, your getting no sleep, need help, relying on him and he just never comes home or, answers.
Figure your plan out now, so that your babies are taken care of and, you have all the resources you need. Survival over feelings right now momma.

Time heals all wounds. You and your unborn are better off.

I am currently in the same situation, when I was 5 weeks pregnant he told me to get an abortion then when I said no he said it’s not his child. I went through the whole pregnancy alone and birth and the last 2 years and 6 months without him. He come into our lives when he wants. To be dead honest with you, cut your losses now. Don’t be as stupid as I have been the last 4 years and hope he changes and comes back to his family. He never will. You are strong enough without him.

2 Likes

He is a garbage human being. Let the hurt happen and then don’t let him come back. He doesn’t love you how you deserve or he wouldn’t do this to you

What you really mean is he leaves to cheat and comes back when he’s done hoeing around. Y’all women that are like this :point_up:t3: are crazy AF. He’ll keep doing it until you catch a disease. Then he’s gonna blame it on you :woman_shrugging:t2: It’s like a damn soap opera. Y’all just keep going back and taking them back. You aren’t in love, you’re stuck! You are sad! Infatuation is not love either. It’s like some women aren’t mentally all there and shouldn’t even be in a relationship. Lord :woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes:

Read. Learn to knit or crochet. Your worth is not dependent on any man. Why do you love him so much? It looks like he is irresponsible and treats you and the children poorly.

With all due respect, you may be too needy. It can be too much to have someone cling desperately, even if you like / love them.
If you are at all able, when you find yourself thinking of & longing for him, bring your focus immediately back to you & your kids. Start looking into ways to love YOURSELF. There are great books and videos to show you a path. If there is hope for this relationship I think it is in you becoming a strong, independent woman… always more attractive than a woman who gets all of her worth from a man.
Bond with other women with similar circumstances. It will give you strength. It seems impossible now, but you can & will get over him if It’s the end. So sorry for the extra challenge you’ve been handed. Hang in there mom. All the best for you.

5 Likes

Fuck that guy, you’re a strong mama who has got this :heart: don’t let him walk all over you.

Ok he’s gone…take a deep breath. Pull up your big girl panties and get over him. You said he has done this before, right ? Well it’s going to be different this time. He doesn’t come back on his terms ! He doesn’t come back at all damn it ! You and those kids deserve so much better. I know its going to be hard but my God woman you deserve a man that is there for you and those babies, that you can depend on to be there. Now get down to the Medicaid office and get signed up first of all. And find out what kind of help is out there that you can get. If you work great ! If not start looking. Is it your place or his ? Also get ahold of him and get the key back if your going to stay there. You start calling the shots for once. Show him you dont need his shit anymore. It may just wake him up, but I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him. This may have been the biggest favor he ever could have done for you. I know it was for me. And I’ve never been happier and never looked back. You have those kids and your future to think about. You can do this. Just take it one step at a time. Good luck honey. Have an AWESOME life you deserve it and so does that little baby your carrying.

Girl you need to move on. Drop him like a hot potato. Time to move on.

Don’t try to contact him, let him go. He might even try to come back once he realizes you aren’t trying to get him to come back but DO NOT let him come back. You and your children deserve and need better. It will be hard but you can do this and you and your children will be so much better off because of it. Stay strong. You’ve got this!! :heart:

Been there done that u just have to heal ur heart and be there for ur kids yes i.know it’s hard at night when the kids r a sleep my kids dad. Kept cheating on me. And alot other things yes I let him come back in my life serval times I kept thinking he would change But. He didn’t. Sorry to tell u this but if keep letting him come back. It’s always gonna be the same just take care of ur self and ur babies. And u will be fine. It just takes time to get use to being alone

2 Likes

Listen to me. Do you want those kids and that baby to feel that pain ??? NO. They will when he walks in and out on them. Trust me !!!
I made that mistake. And it hurt them in the end hasnt seen them in months and its the most painful thing to see them.go through that.
You do you, and love those kids. when he comes begging back and he will, you slam that fucking door in his face! For them.

I know you’re upset but geez please try to move on! Why would you want a man that just up and leaves you “on occasion”? That isn’t love and you are worth so much more than that! This is borderline emotional abuse and he is a narcissist from what it sounds like. Any man who is going to just up and abandon you is not worth it. I know the pain is so great and it hurts and you feel like your world is crashing down and I am so sorry you feel that way because it is heartbreaking. But take a good look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are worth it and that you are strong and that you deserve better! This truly could be a blessing in disguise honey. Just stay strong and do what you have to do! Show him and any other man that you don’t NEED them. Show them that if they are in your life it is because YOU want them to be. Not the other way around darling. You got this.

5 Likes

I know it’s hard but the best thing you can do is just put your mind and efforts into your children for now. if this man truly loved you as much as you love him he wouldn’t have just left you and the kids. People fight for what they love and care about. Unfortunately I believe you have your answers there. There are always resources for help within communities.

It’s clear he has someone else and walks all over you. Worry about your kids suck it up move on find someone else nexttttt…
You will be a fool if you take him back again.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for. As bad as things have been they can get alot worse if he returns. Knowing your children are safe is worth more than having him lay next to you at night trust me.

2 Likes

You need to move on DO NOT LET HIM BACK IN YOUR BED ! Have some respect for your children and yourself and don’t let this boy back into your life because your lonely!! Stand up fight and learn to be alone and appreciate your children find a way to get t a break with child care and go do a taste and paint night watch movie and eat popcorn with your babies while all cuddling in mommies bed !! Learn that you are strong enough to be free

3 Likes

I bet he is planning on coming back and have you at his beck and call, walking on egg shells doing everything his way because you will be too afraid of him leaving. I think he thinks he has gained the upper hand this way. I would throw him for a loop and tell his ass bye! You don’t need someone unreliable like that. For you and your kids including the one in your womb.

Change the locks and the garage code if you have one. Start the separation process and if/when he wants to come back, don’t let him just waltz in like nothing happened. Take this time after the kids are asleep to work on you. Take a bubble bath with candles, your favorite drink, and a novel. Learn something new. Connect with other mom’s on Facebook. Dress up and have dessert with yourself and your favorite show. Do something that makes you happy. Pour your energy into a bucket list to do with your kids before they reach a certain age. You’ll realize you deserve better once you let you love yourself. Find ways to be alone, not lonely.

1 Like

U can do this just one step at a time don’t let him come back. It’s his loss and when ur heart is healed. One day u will look around and say to ur self I got this I’m mom and dad to my kids

it takes a village to raise a child, in your time of need, someone will step in to help you. keep your friends informed of whats going on in your pregnancy but dont complain to them about your ex.

You’ve given him to much power over you he knows he can come and go as he pleases because you won’t refuse him bk he knows what he is putting you threw and he doesn’t care and that should be enough for you to realise your worth more you deserve more and so do your kids so if you can’t do it for yourself do it for them because you will be happy again and look back thank God you didn’t put up with that shit xx

You chose to have a baby with a dude that walks out on you more than once. Why? Had he changed? I really want to understand.
Make some friends and stop clinging to a man that’s not all in. That’s what I would do.
People need friends in their lives. I would be miserable without mine.

1 Like

Seek therapy. This sounds more like desperation than anything. Maybe a therapist can help you figure out why you feel it’s okay to let this man disrespect you. Maybe the therapist can also shed light on why you would get pregnant by someone who thinks it’s okay to just walk out at any time.

1 Like

Don’t chase the mouse. He doesn’t deserve the attention.

You need to block him from social media accounts. Screen shot his messages and email them to your self and start a file.

You need to fix you and provide for your littles.

You got this mama!

One side of every story what did you do to make him walk out and cut off communication.

1 Like

Don’t let him come back. You want the kids to see you let a man walk in and out of your life? The kids need to see you be strong and not accept anything less than the respect you deserve.

2 Likes

If he continues to do this… why would you want that so back and forth isn’t a stable environment for anyone

1 Like

Keep doing what you have to, your kids are watching even tho it’ll be tough keep fighting for them and show them
How strong their mama is, if he wants to come back he will, if not then move on and keep being g happy with the babies and love on them more;)

Find a man that will not use you
That what that guy did

Do you really want someone like that in your life? Sounds like a coward. Ultimately sounds like the trash took itself out. Your heart will mend. Love yourself enough to find someone with better character. Focus on your kids. Play dates will open up friendship opportunities.

1 Like

He did you a favor by leaving. If he tries to come back. You need to make it clear that you won’t let him. He clearly is with other women, and has no care about you or your baby. It’s best to ripe the band aid off now, and just do you. You can’t keep a man that doesn’t want to be kept. 🤷

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you would pro create within when he walks out o you “from time to time” That is not fair to you, or the baby. He obviously does it, because he knows you will always allow him back. You pretty much allow him to have his cake and eat it too.

2 Likes

You’ve got this. Take care of yourself and your family. Apply for assistance. Pray a lot. Go to church. Contact family and friends. You will be ok.

4 Likes

Pull youself up bye boots strapes and get on with your life God bless you

Good lord. You’re that desperate u want a POS to come back. Any man who walks out on his pregnant girlfriend isn’t worth it. Period. You may not believe it but u deserve so much better. Leave the victim mentality behind and put your crown on queen, your kids are watching.

5 Likes

If someone you love can leave you when you need them. Let them go. You can love someone from afar and not have that kind of heartbreak in your life. You don’t NEED anyone who doesn’t want to stay. It hurts and your scared. I’ve been there. You are a capable human being and your going to be fine. Straighten your crown and what are you going to do next to make your lives better today? You got this.

1 Like