I am pregnant and trying to help my husband through his struggles: Advice?

Get someone else to help with the kids. His illness is serious. You both need help. Stay well!!!

Tell him you need him. You need him to be a partner and a dad. You need him to try and get better and not give up or give in.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry you are going through this. Sending prayers your way. Iā€™d ask family to helpā€¦ right now you need them. I hope you have somebody that can come by. Or maybe a cleaning lady or ask a church to help during this difficult time. Mom groups? I know if a mom put this on a mom groupā€¦ Iā€™d help her with n e thing she needed. Prayers mom!

How about set up a light daily routine for him to help you out. Might get him motivated hopefully.

Do you have any family that can step in and help?

Iā€™ve suffered with severe depression and anxiety since child. I get like he does, itā€™s literally disabling and I canā€™t function. Cognitive behavioral therapy and bullet journaling is what Iā€™ve found to be the most helpful throughout my years of therapy and experimenting with different techniques and coping mechanisms.

You may also want your husband to check his hormones. I know I felt like that one time and they did the same thing. Went to a dr found out I had a lot of clinically low vitamins that I got on and now I have energy. Also it may just be stress all the financial burden is on him. Maybe get someone in your family to help with chores or get a maid if feasible to help you around the house if needed.

Have his vitamin levels checked. If meds arent working this could be the root cause

It appears to me you have 3 children with a 4th on the way. Tell him to grow up or go back to his mama because she never finished raising him.

It does sound like his depression medication and therapy are not working as they should. Perhaps back to the doc or a new doc and another type of medication. You can only do so much for him, yourself and your family. He needs help, in order to help you during your transition from pregnancy to mommy of 3. Take care :heart:

Sounds like the meds arent helping, Certainly dont tell him to man up, this will cause further issues, ur husband will be aware of how tough things are for both of u. Contact his gp and ask for a review for his meds. As much as it is hard for u and I feel for u, u will have to try and relax as much as u can (I have 3 kids too, I know it ainā€™t easy) :heart:

My husband works two jobs heā€™s never home so I kind of know how itā€™s to not have help around the house. My advice is just clean one area every day and forget about the rest that ways averything gets done during the week without too much stress

Hello, im new to the group but I agree with Emilia Noell Chadwick. I have a background in this department, he does need adjustment in his meds or new meds all together depending on how long he has been on the current regime. But u are welcome to privately chat with me more if you like.

Dealing with PTSD myself I can definitely tell you that in the stage he is at he may need some help. Meds or something isnā€™t right. And everyone that says man up is a dumb ass. Just saying. Doesnā€™t work that way and you shouldnā€™t be giving advice. He has to fight it. It never really goes away.

3 Likes

Has he had his vitamins, minerals, hormones and thyroid tested. These can all play a roll in making his symptoms worse and making him be that way. He may also need a secondary med on top of the one he takes.

Hi my husband was like this for about 3 years and I finally had enough I love him to death and would do anything for him but I was so tired of walking on eggshells because I didnā€™t know what type of mood he was in and I was tired of raising our children by myself with him always in the bed my children need a father not someone in a dark room falling deeper down the hole so I decided I had enough and did some tough love instead of babying and catering to him yes I understand depression is a serious illness but to see my kids unhappy hurts more than whatever hes going thru when my son told me that his dad didnā€™t love him and didnā€™t want to spend time with it I completely broke down and tried to figure out what to do so my advice to you is to snap him out of it some how my way worked and we are so much happier for it hes not had a bad break down since or slept all day and night since I came into.the bedroom and I was fixing my makeup and he rolled over and said where are you going I just couldnt hold it in anymore I said Iā€™m done Iā€™ve had enough of living this way and I wont allow myself to do it for another second I can no longer watch you sleep your life away Iā€™m not living like this Iā€™m sorry if this is how you want to live your going to live it by your self after that it was like something snapped or switched on inside him the thought of losing me and his kids made him finally get out of whatever dark hole he had been living in for 3 years some times tough love is required to make them see what their doing to themselves and the ppl they love around them I wish the best for you and hope he snaps outta his depression for the sake of your beautiful babies and you itā€™s not fun living like that it hurts and you feel neglected and lonely most of the time and feel useless because you cant make them happy or bring them out of it but I hope and pray something helps him God bless yall

1 Like

Sending good vibes xxx

Be sympathetic to him, we all know that shits rough, but just ask him for help. Obviously he has been through this before. And if you can dont be afraid to ask for help from your family.

Prof Kariba +27633429155 [email protected]
ā€¢ Get Your Ex Back
ā€¢ Attract a New Lover, Relationship
ā€¢ Get Rid of People Destroying Your Relationship
ā€¢ Customized and Targeted
ā€¢ 97% Success Rate
ā€¢ Gifted Powerful Love Results Since 1999
ā€¢ Proven Secret System That You Can Never Imagine
The First Step is a call/watsapp/email.

Sorry but he needs to get off his ass no matter how painful. Iā€™ve parented as a single mother with suicidal ideation for years. If I can suck it up and get shit done he can too. Nothing needs to be perfect.