I am tired all the time...help!

I need ways to help me have energy. Idk what’s going on with me but I’m so tired all the time. I’m a sahm and I just can’t find any energy or motivation anywhere in me. It’s driving me crazy. Please help me with safe ways to help me!

3 Likes

Following. I’m in the same boat

1 Like

Ask ur Doctor to check ur thyroid,and hormones,most you can tell by blood work,

1 Like

Could be anemic, Thyroid, Depression from being a sahm, could be a number of things. Try eating meat with loads of green veggies like salads often. Ask your dr to check what you’re lacking in vitamins and minerals and have your thyroids checked.

Call other moms for play dates.

Drink room temperature water (I know it sounds weird but room temperature or warm water is best for your body).

Make time for yourself. Forget the mess, when your partner comes homes, go get your nails done or go to a park or bar and go let loose. Learn to make time for yourself regardless how everything else at home is for your own sanity. It isn’t selfish.

First thing, have bloodwork done to rule out anemia and to make sure everything is ok. You might need vitamins, b vitamins are good for energy. Drink plenty of water and eat your veggies and fruits, greens, sweet potatoes, broccoli, bell peppers etc. Not sure if you drink coffee, but caffeine can give you energy.

Talk to your doctor about it for sure.
However, simple lifestyle changes may help.

• put the phone away every night at the same time.
  • be consistent about a reasonable bedtime.
  • lower caffeine intake and don’t drink it after a certain time
  • drink a lot of water
    -exercise (even a 15 minute daily walk)
  • eat healthier and not in excess
  • cut toxic people out (sometimes our fatigue is emotional vs physical) and leave stressful situations if possible.
  • therapy
  • cut alcohol out completely or limit to social events
  • practice self care more often
  • wash your bed
    It sounds like a lot but when these things become standard practice it makes things better!
    Good luck!
1 Like

A schedule. I was always tired and if I sleep for 12 hours I wake up tired, but if I sleep 6-7 I’m good. Before I had my daughter I was very depressed and would sleep whenever I could for hours but once I had her I guess something clicked and I adapted. I still get tired but it’s not painful unless I only sleep for 3-4 hours, then I cry cause it hurts lol. I don’t nap either. It’s impossible for me now.

I know they say diet, exercise and drink water but I am none of the above, I just found my amount of hours and once I adjusted, I have been good.

I don’t have a lot of motivation or energy either but I just take it in strides. but maybe bloodwork might be helpful. Good luck.

If you snore, it could be sleep apnea

I was same way and had a vitamin D deficiency. Talk to Dr and get blood work done

Have your blood tested. You my be low on iron.

First thing that comes to my mind is being low on iron but it could be other things as well. Try taking a multivitamin every morning, I’ve been doing this and it has helped a bit

Bloodwork for thyroid. Thyroid moderate your metabolism and when levels drop to low you will be tired, forgetful, have brain fog, low energy and more. It’s not an uncommon occurrence and likely a medication can get your levels back up and week or so later you’ll start feeling better.

Vitamin D3 & B12…ask your doctor

2 Likes