I am tired of living with my people who do not respect me....advice?

I’m so sick of the absolute disrespect. I spent all day cleaning while the other 3 adults do NOTHING. I wake at 2am. The garbage is over flowing, half eaten food on the counter, garbage on the counter, dirty dishes sitting on top of my clean dishes! FIL wasting his SSI money on things like lights for the stairs hasn’t paid anything into bills for 5 months! (and that’s just how long he has had ssi, he actually hasn’t paid a bill himself in 20 years! Always living off of others, even his inheritance he spent on couches instead of paying the house taxes so I was responsible for that as well) I’m so ready to just walk out with my kids… I can not take this anymore

53 Likes

I’d have a serious conversation with my husband, and let him know that the Kids and I were leaving, because it wrong, you don’t want the kids to grow up thinking it’s the way of life, and it’s not fair to you at all, very disrespectful- infact. If you are still in love with him, I would tell him that, tell him you want him to come with you (if you do), but that he will have to pull his weight- cleaning, cooking, taking care of kids, and bills, and if he isn’t willing to do that, then it will be just you and the kids moving.

1 Like

I enabled a spouse to act as a child, finally ended it. It was a very difficult time and my children are healthy happy adults now. You will do this, your kids need your guidance so, start guiding them in a better direction. Tough love is the key.

5 Likes

Do it, go. Make the change. Do better for your kids, show them more.

Do it!! Get your eggs all together in a basket, make a few plans and execute them.

Are you in their house or them in yours? Either leave or kick them out

3 Likes

I would have a conversation with my husband. I do have a question though; you brought up you had to pay the taxes because he didn’t? Is it his house? Are you living rent free there? That might change things a little bit.

Stop cleaning up after them. Pack up your children and leave

LEAVE IT. You have to look out for you and the kids. If possible leave ASAP

First of all, communicate all of this with your husband. If that is your in laws, he may not realize all he is doing wrong (Unfortunately if that’s who raised him, they probably didn’t instill many values or manners in him) and MIGHT be willing to change. However, I doubt he will in that environment very easily. If he won’t change or doesn’t see the error of his ways, then take your kids and go give them a better environment. Unfortunately, if you don’t, your kids may end up like your in laws.

5 Likes

Are YOU living with them or are THEY living with you? If you are living with your in laws, then you have the option of sucking it up or finding a place of your own. If they are living with you, kick them the hell out of your home. If it is an issue with your hubby not standing up to them, then I’d leave for sure.

If you’ve tried communicating with them and aren’t getting anywhere I would just take my kids and worry about the family i created we are all adults and should be able to contribute to where we live financially and cleaning up after ourselves honestly it’s hard when u live with people or people live with you

7 Likes

Nothing changes if nothing changes. Don’t put you and your kids last anymore. I know it’s hard but it’s possible. Good luck

7 Likes

Leave and use your money to put down first and last months rent etc on a new place instead of his bills. And make sure there’s no room for him to move into your new place, or he’ll probably follow once he loses his own place.

3 Likes

I don’t blame you and if you have spoken to them and told them how your feeling and shit still hasn’t changed I’d leave

Just leave, take your kids and start fresh. Other adults aren’t your responsibility. I’m sure it’d benefit your kids too.

8 Likes

I’d walk too get u a place for u and them kids

4 Likes

Throw them all out, or just you and children move. Put your foot down and let them know under no uncertain terms they either shape up out. Get them all together get them all together for ONE MEETING , you tell them how things are going to be or everyone permanently get out. Get some back bone take the bull by the horns and either get order or throw them out or you take you children and go. L

At this point you may as well. If you are already paying, doing and supporting everything what’s the difference? At least it would be your own space.

2 Likes

just leave. you’d pay about the same for bills elsewhere as you do there so just get your own place

leave and let them learn how to grow tf up on their own

1 Like

Get passports and go live in Mexico for a thirs of thz cost. Work remote

What are you waiting for?

You are treated the way you allow yourself to be treated !!!

Just leave he’s not your responsibility

Just DO IT !!! Take your kids and leave

11 Likes

Your FIL must have had a small inheritance. Get your own place. Don’t let people take advantage of you. Your kids are watching and they will think it’s ok to be like that. People only treat you the way you let them treat you. Talk with your husband. People like that don’t really change. He’s going to promise you all kinds of stuff but nothing will change. Find someone that will appreciate you

2 Likes

Why are you and your kids picking up the tab for his bad behavior? This is as good as it gets, life is way to short to tolerate these people.

Set boundaries and let them know what you are expecting and where you need help. Going on without saying anything to them directly won’t get you anywhere. Have a family meeting and get it straight.

2 Likes

R.U.N! You owe yourself and your kids a better environment. Stop enabling the others to corrupt your family

3 Likes

They do what you allow. Doesn’t say where the money( besides his SS) is coming from. If you work- hit the road jack and don’t come back.

4 Likes

Kick out any adults that aren’t helping! Or take your kids and go. Let them figure it out or not!

How does someone spend all their inheritance on couches ?? Sounds like you’re exaggerating and or telling only part of the story here

2 Likes

People don’t change. If this is your house, you should have some say. Just go if it isn’t. Take the kids and build a life elsewhere. It’ll be better for your sanity.

2 Likes

Kick him out or leave, why would you put up with this?

Are you living in a house FIL owns? If so STOP paying the bills. Save your money, take your kids & get your own place. Eventually he’ll loose his house.

If you own the house divorce your husband & evict your FIL.

If you’re renting talk to a DA counselor. They can help get you off a lease. You are a victim of DA. It’s not always physical. In your case it’s emotional & financial abuse.

1 Like

Do it! Take the kids and stay with some of your family out of town. Let them miss you. They’ll come back begging like Keith Sweat :rofl::joy: But the best apology is changed behavior

2 Likes

Ppl will think they are entitled to others paying their way. Hell they even move their kid in without my permission. 2 yrs later the bums are still living without paying. I only charged electricity. No more 3 day notices pay or leave. If they don’t I’ll move them out myself. The old saying goes “NOT MY PROBLEM”

Put your big girls panties on
And tell them you have had enough
They can clean up their own mess
Or you will dump it all on their beds
Also stop paying their bills and stop supporting them
Reguardles of If their family or not
Tell your husband
Either sort it out or take the kids and leave

That’s quite a lot of crap, to have to put up with. Tell your hasbean your out. Take the kids and go. The kids don’t need an unhappy mama. It’s really not hard to choose. Him or your kids. Or stay and be miserable :100:goodluck

If it is your place they need to go

Walk away and take care of yourself

Walk away with your kids, get your own place

Where is your husband in all this?

Everyone deserves a happy relationship, I was hurt and heart broken when my husband left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. I tried to be strong just for the kids but I could not control the pains that tormented my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because I was really in love with my husband. I have tried many options but he did not come back, until i met a friend that directed me to Dr.Excellent a spell caster, who helped me to bring back my husband after 11hours. Me and my husband are living happily together again, This man is powerful, you can contact him now. I will advice anyone that have relationship problem or marriage problem, financial Difficulty, court case problem contact Dr Excellent now, he’s the solution to all you problems. Here his contact. WhatsApp him at: +2348084273514 "Or email him at: [email protected] ,Read about him here:https://drexcellentspellcaster.godaddysites.com