I am worried my 2-month-old isn't meeting their milestones: Advice?

Hi. My baby will be 2 months old tomorrow and he goes for his appointment and shots Thursday which made me look up to see what milestones he should be meeting. He smiles and coos but doesn’t follow things with his eyes and doesn’t turn his head to sounds. I’m freaking out that something may be wrong. Any other moms experience this and baby ok?

4 Likes

At 2 months I am sure hes fine :slight_smile: dont stress mama! Maybe ask your doctor to do a hearing test if your worried :two_hearts:

1 Like

I would have a talk with the doc before getting too worried. The milestones are estimates not hard lines. They can be indicators something is off and it’s important to talk to the doc about it but it could be nothing!

1 Like

He’s two months old…the milestone chart is an average age, some kids do it slightly before and some kids take longer.

1 Like

In my opinion at 2 months old it’s hard to say if something is wrong . I have a 2 mo old baby girl and a now 3 yr old both doing almost the same thing . She only looks sometimes . I remember with my first the main questions his dr asked was do they look at you while feeding do they hold your finger and things like that . Every child is different of course

Babies do things at their own pace. My daughter was always “behind” by doctor’s milestones but she has learned everything needed in her own time. She didnt crawl until 10 months, walked at 13 months, ect. She seemed to lag behind and then catch up all at once. I wouldn’t worry at this age. Just follow up with your doctor more frequently if you are concerned.

Babies do things when they are ready. Charts are simply a guideline of averages, and not rules written in stone. Two months old is very young, so don’t get yourself worried mama!:heart:

1 Like

Babies tend to work on their own schedules most of the time. If you’re concerned, there’s no harm in mentioning it to your ped, but, imho, 2 months is still pretty early to be overly concerned.

4 Likes
  1. He is only 2 months old and 2. All babies develop at their own pace and will reach milestones when they are ready
4 Likes

Every baby develops at their own pace momma. Talk to the doctor at his appt and if they are concerned they will address how to handle the matter

1 Like

Where did u “look it up”? U can’t believe everything u read on Google

2 Likes

Milestones are estimations and guidelines, every child is different don’t worry yourself mama, my son is 2 and a bit and is only beginning to talk so I know how it feels to think somethings wrong just turns out my son is a bit slower than the rest :kissing_heart:xx

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry at 2mths old

1 Like

Yeah babies do things at their own pace and if your baby was born early for example, he could just be catching up.

1 Like

Kids make milestones differently. At this three month if he still isnt meeting milestones then talk to your pediatrician

My two year old “failed” his two month check up because he wouldn’t put beads on a string or jump :woman_facepalming:t2: A - I have two boys so no beads! (Or he’d eat them!) & B - he now climbs & jumps off everything! Just because they don’t tick all the boxes at the right time, doesn’t mean there’s something wrong or your doing anything wrong. He’s 2 months old chick, he’s got a long way to go regardless of “milestones”
You’ll both be fine x

2 Likes

All babies are different. Just bring it up to doc to ease your mind

1 Like

My 3 year old isn’t talking, my 11 month old JUST learned how to crawl last week. Don’t compare your child to others. All babies/ kids are different… I wouldn’t stress about it.

1 Like

At 2 months they’re pretty much still a potato lol he will do things at his own pace. Dont worry

5 Likes

He’s two months old! Chill out.

2 Likes

All babies developed in their own time. Some tend to do things in older milestone first before their own age milestone

Is this your first baby? He is only 2 months old, some babies take more time. His pediatrician will be able to tell you if their is need for concern.

1 Like

Is this serious ? Hes TWO MONTHS! Babies will do things when theyre ready …

1 Like

Babies don’t do much until 6 months. :woman_shrugging: If it’s an issue then, bring it up to your pediatrician.

I’m sure your baby is just fine. Their personalities start to show more after 2 months old anyway in my opinion at least. As long as your baby is eating, smiling, laughing , and is at a healthy weight I don’t think you need to worry :blush:

3 Likes

They are milestones, not requirements. They all develope at different rates and he’s only 2 months. They don’t have to turn to the sound just react and if he reacts to hand claps and other sudden sounds like that then his ears are working. Don’t worry so much about what you read cause it can be very misleading.

2 Likes

That’s average age milestone guide.

I would be more worried about that around 5 months

1 Like

Those milestones I dislike. All 5 of my siblings went at their own rate. We all function just fine. Another month or 2 you will see allot more from your baby.

It doesn’t necessarily have to right at 2 months. Kids all develop differently. If you get to 6 months and haven’t reached the 2 month milestone, THEN there would be cause for concern, but not at 2

1 Like

It’s okay every child is different. My 6 month old did not do everything the same time frame as my other 2. But he is perfectly fine

Babies reach those milestones at different times. Just because he’s not ticking all the boxes right now doesn’t mean that he want be ticking them in a month or two. Bring it up to your doctor if you want but I honestly wouldn’t stress about it

Oh man. If you’re freaking out about that stuff already, by the time that kid is 5, he’s gonna wanna blow his brains out. Let the kid develop at his own pace. Some kids are Harvard grads by 15, all on their own. Some are “duds”. They are all human beings though. I got one dud at 10 years old and one TBD at 7 months. My 10 yo is a lot of work. Hoping my 7m won’t be as much work, but he may be. He may just be a different kind of work. Who knows? Either way, I love them both. And even my dud shines bright in her own ways. There’s really no point in worrying. If your kid turns out to be a dud, you’re not gonna love him any less… are you?

1 Like

That’s not bad but speak to doctor maybe needs LO hearing checked.

Your baby is just 2 mos old my god! You dont have to follow milestones! Each kod are different from another! My son first learned how to walk than to talk! Every child is different! I dont even follow that freaking milestone milestone! I just do my own way of parenting without any books or whatsoever! Turns out my son grows normally without that al! He’s now 8 and very active in school and in everything! Just do your parenting skills and just go with the flow… Just enjoy every moment of beong a parent…

1 Like

…he is only 2 months old. :woman_facepalming:t3: babies/children all develope at their own rate. If he was 6 months and not looking or responding…different story. Calm down a little mama

My eldest at 11 weeks, my middle was 2 1/2 and my youngest was 5 weeks when I could tick all those off

He’s 8 WEEKS OLD! Bloody hell

All baby’s are different dw he will be fine

All babies develops different. Some is early some is later. 2 months old. It will come. Don’t stress. Not necessary. The milestolps is just a guideline where most of babies learn by the age and around that time. But it’s never written in stone.

Don’t worry, it isn’t an exact “Oh I’m two months, time to start following the finger” thing. If he gets older and still hasn’t, then I’d worry. Some babies do stuff earlier/later than some.

1 Like

You can always ask your pedi, but honestly I would start worrying more around 6 months if not rolling over and or sitting up

Babies do things in their own time.

2 Likes

Just go to the appointment that’s what the pediatrician is there for. Also - babies aren’t all on the same timeline.

1 Like

Best to just wait & let the Dr tell you how he is doing. Probably everything is ok so try not to worry.