I caught my partner cheating: Advice?

Question: I caught my partner cheating on me but we have kids should I stay for the sake of the kids or what?

90 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I caught my partner cheating: Advice?re

You can forgive but you will never forget…

3 Likes

NOOO !!! Leave. It wont be the last time. Your partner has no respect. Kids are happuer in a loving respectful home :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Nooooo…, if he’s done it once he’ll do it again!

Do NOT stay for the kids ,leave for the kids !

1 Like

No you should not stay for the kids. That is teaching your kids to put up with it. You deserve better!

1 Like

It will never be the same. Get out now.

4 Likes

Why so the kids can have trauma for the rest of their life’s. All it will be is fighting

2 Likes

Uh no :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: girl, let that :mango: for the sake of the kids

2 Likes

Toxic is toxic and kids catch on. Don’t stay you’ll waste your life away with the wrong person

4 Likes

Listen to your gut and know your worth

Absolutely not. The relationship will never be the same and your kids will suffer

Nope! I did and regret it
He’s done it several other times… once they cheat they always will

NOOOO. Your kids will see your resentment, fighting and hatred. You and your children deserve better. I’m sorry he did this to you, but take your kids and build your best life!

Leave and fille for custody.

Trust is pretty much gone leave while u still have your dignity

1 Like

4 kids and you and he cheated. I wouldn’t stay. Hes had no problem ruining his family why bother tbh. Wont ever trust him again and itll never be the same .

Why teach your kids it’s acceptable to cheat?

Hell NO take you’re babies and go.

1 Like

Never stay just because you have children. That’s teaching the kids it’s ok to treat your partner like shit because there’s no real consequences.

No if you’re not happy, leave.

You already know the answer to that. Your kids learn what to tolerate from you. Best wishes.

No. Kids can feel the distance and tension that will be there and it will take a bigger tole on them than if ya’ll are not together. Know from experience. Just glad mine come to me and told me how hard it was on them and that they could tell.

1 Like

I would say no. But some will stay because that’s what there used to

no… your kids will never benefit from staying FOR them… and neither will you

LEAVE!!! Don’t waste your life away cause you will never get that time back and it’s something that will haunt you forever. The kids deserve a happy mom!

Lmao no. “Hey, my husband is a giant POS, let’s continue to treat each other like garbage so my kids see how dumb we are.”

2 Likes

I learnt the hard way with my 1st husband, NO never stay for the children

3 Likes

That fact that you’re even questioning it :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No. Show your kids what self respect looks like.

1 Like

No! Only thing it teaches them is that disrespect is okay.

Everyone has a breaking point, for me. Cheating is that. I couldnt and wouldnt stay somewhere where loyalty wasn’t matched. Respect yourself cause he clearly doesn’t!

1 Like

That’s attempted murder gross. You have no idea who else he has been with or who they have been with.

Don’t stay anywhere you’re unhappy you’d inadvertently teach your children that. Life is so short do what truly makes you happy. Would you want your daughter to stay? Single parenting is hard being unhappy is harder. :two_hearts:

The relationship will never be the same is a true thing. However it is easier said than done to leave. I know how you feel and just want to say follow your gut feeling. You know what to do you just have to talk yourself into it.

1 Like

NOOO…Take his as to court divorce and child support fuck all that toxicity ps if you are with him for over 7 years alimony… you will hurt but women are strong as fuck!!! We don’t deserve to be cheated on especially when we have children we hve to set the example!

No don’t be miserable all your life let him pay child support once a cheater always a cheater

You should only stay if you’re happy living with a cheater

It’s between you and your partner.
Asking people you don’t know will just confuse you more.
Some people are able to do counseling together and work past it.
Others not.
Depends on what you want.

Never stay for the sake of the kids! It never works out that way! What matters is how you feel about it. If you love him enough to forgive him and try to work through it orrrr if you just don’t tolerate cheating … leave.

I have found once a cheater always a cheater.
Once the trust is gone the foundation is cracked. You can’t have a solid relationship if you don’t have a solid foundation.

1 Like

He can get visitation

1 Like

Snip snip snipper-roo.

1 Like

Never stay for the sake of anyone unless you truly want to stay and make it work.

Depends. If you both want to fix it you can. We cannot make that decision for you.

oh yes … most definitely stay & go thru it repeatedly… :flushed::person_facepalming: do you really want to put yourself & kids thru this every time your partner cheats & possibly brings something home you can’t get rid of? no… :no_entry_sign:

2 Likes

What would you tell your kids if they asked this?
Staying for the kids isn’t actually healthy if there’s anger & resentment.

2 Likes

Staying in a toxic relationship “for the kids” is actually worse for the kids. They are better off in a “broken” home where both parents are happy.

2 Likes

Kick him out…. Once a cheater always a cheater

3 Likes

I wouldn’t. Idgaf. My kids would understand

Only if you want to teach your kids that is how a woman should be treated.

3 Likes

Will you be able to forgive and move on? If not, no. A toxic family dynamic will damage the kids. If you think you can heal and create a positive family environment, that’s a different story.

I’m not saying you need to forgive them but the kids need to be around healthy relationships if you want them to have healthy relationships in their own lives. If that isn’t possible due to the cheating then you need to move on.

2 Likes

Depends on whether it’s more important for your child to have their father in the home or for you to have a marriage with loyalty. Only you can say.

2 Likes

Why would you do that to yourself ? You need to set an example of self respect. You don’t need to be with anyone who treats you poorly. You deserve better. So separate create a visitation schedule and move on . It will be hard but better for you.

1 Like

Never stay for the kids. They will pick up on how unhappy you are.

3 Likes

If your only wanting to stay for the kids, no. That’s not healthy for anyone involved.

1 Like

Nope see ya leave not worth it set up visitation for him to see your kids

If your gonna leave then leAve. If you not gonna leave then don’t. But don’t be surprised if he does it again. You already know what he’s capable of.

1 Like

Leave his sorry ass. He cant have the cake & eat it too!

Only stay if you want to work it out and your partner does too. Don’t stay just for kids, miserable angry parents still together can do more damage than being separated and happy!

Hell no! Teach ur kids to stand ur ground. Not that u let someone treat u like shit

Ask yourself what would he do if it was you?

2 Likes

Leave. You may be able to get over it now… And maybe they won’t do it for awhile, but it will happen again. Then you will be stuck… Don’t put yourself thru that shit… Just go now.

From experience I would leave as soon as I could get as much finances as I could

Are you serious? Why would that even be a question. HELL NO!

You have to do what right for you and decide if you can forgive him. No one else’s opinion matters you have to live with him.

No leave and get child support

Heck no. Leave and never turn back. Would you want your kids to deal with that if it happened to them? No. So be that example and leave. You deserve better. Find your worth. You’ll be much happier and better without that.

I do not understand why everyone asks this question. Stay for the kids and let them see a relationship that is unhealthy which teaches them it is okay to stay in an unhappy relationship. Everyone deserves to be happy. Your happiness will be your children’s happiness.

2 Likes

Ew no. Based on their ages, if theyre young & you leave theyll eitehr not remember or forget. Or if theyre older & you stay, they’ll think it’s okay & you’ll be a parent watching your kids in toxic relationships because that’s what they saw growing up.

Get in his phone cashapp yourself as much as you can pack ur shit and leave…if you stay ur telling him it’s ok…he will do it again.

Never stay for the sake of the kids! If you stay, do it because you want to and try to work it out. Living with tension and stress is not a healthy environment for anyone, let alone kids. You don’t want your kids to grow up in a toxic household.

1 Like

He wasn’t thinking of the kids while he was hooking up…staying for their sake doesn’t do them any good if the environment is an unhealthy one. Toxic is toxic

2 Likes

If that’s what u want your kids thinking is normal growing up than I guess stay but it’s in yours and childrens best interest for you to leave

1 Like

If you’re already questioning it maybe you should leave .

2 Likes

Well are you planning on taking him back? That’s the question…

As a child of a marriage where Dad cheated, Mom got so hurt she made sure Dad’s day were miserable, Dad was unhappy, we were unhappy. Whole life had drama, unhappiness and angry words. So IF you can’t forgive and move on building a better home , leave. Don’t pull down everyone around you because your heart and soul was shattered. If he won’t learn and build a better foundation, leave. The choice is yours and yours online to make. It actually depends on YOUR reactions and ability to forgive.

6 Likes

No please don’t teach your kids that that’s ok because it’s not

1 Like

get out leave him sitting

So you can teach your daughter it’s okay for her future husband to cheat? And your son that it’s okay to cheat on his future wife? No MA’AM! Leave you deserve better than that.

1 Like

Staying in a bad relationship will only teach your kids that poor relationships are normal, and they will learn to cheat and be cheated on, and will believe that is normal. So no you should not stay.

In the very least take the kids to stay somewhere else and give it time to see how you both feel after a temporary break.

1 Like

LEAVE, set a better example for your kids! Someone who CHEATS on you doesn’t love you, period.

4 Likes

I stayed in a relationship after I got cheated on and it happened again for one but 2 it made me extremely insecure and anxious at all times. You NEVER move on from it even on good days there will be times it’s like an annoying little voice in the back of your head. I left and am much happier now

1 Like

How did you catch him…?
And no, you are worth so much more. Kids or not. You’ll always wonder. It hurts, and I understand with children it adds an extra layer, but be strong and say goodbye.

1 Like

No it just gets worse. Then you end up falling into a cycle of him cheating and forgiving him just to keep up the family image for the kids. Once they’re old enough they’ll figure it out it’s not worth it for you or the kids.

1 Like

It’s never okay to stay for the sake of the children. The children are the ones always affected the most and end up with mental issues or trauma in some form. Speaking from experience of living in a house hold where the parents should of parted ways long before we got grown.

1 Like

Nope, put his crap on the girl he cheated with lawn with a sign that says “here’s his crap, he’s all yours homewrecker”

1 Like

what?! no!! staying for the kids is the most selfish thing you can ever do. leave his cheating ass. don’t show your kids that you don’t value yourself, don’t show them that it’s normal to be treat like shit and still stay.

No you’re worth more !

Leave girl leave.its not going to stop there.stay if you like your heart :broken_heart: broken.

2 Likes

I honestly can’t believe this is even being asked!!!

if you stay it will happen again and again your choice

2 Likes

Why even post these questions? This is not something that thousands of strangers on social media can’t answer. This is something you need to have a discussion with your partner and a therapist about.

1 Like

Your kids are watching and learnings. Is that the kind of relationship you’d want for them. They are learning what it’s like to be in a relationship from you, what to tolerate, what to expect. Don’t stay for the kids, leave for them.

I’ve been in your exact situation. When I remarried my now husband treats me so much different, I’m so much happier and so is my husband. My kids both have said when they older they want relationship like mine now.

All relationships are based on trust if you don’t have that it is over already

No… never stay for the kids they will know you’re unhappy and it will cause more problems for them than just having 2 separate happy homes

No they don’t stop cheated on me again 11 yrs I tryed 4 children together and never worked once a cheat always x last straw was when he cheated with what j thought was a good friend stay strong x

You will never forget or forgive. Trust me I’m living my own hell.

Yeah you should stay! The kids are gonna need a clown for their birthday parties! :clown_face:

2 Likes