I dislike the ring my boyfriend is going to propose with...how do I tell him?

Let’s face it, you’re a piece of trash. You’re so worried about that but he’s way too good for you. 

1 Like

Lol that’s a you problem. Sounds like you’re not ready for the relationship in general

You sound very petty and ungrateful. You probably don’t deserve him. You’re not marrying a ring; you are marrying a man. Shouldn’t have been nosy. Grow up!!!

3 Likes

Your petty!, can you imagine you go out of your way to get someone something just to have them look at you and say, i dont like it! Suck it up girl! Or let him find someone who will truly appreciate him

1 Like

Ehh I don’t think ur completely over ur ex

Omg, you sound so entitled. Grow up and enjoy the husband/journey, not the damn ring.

At the end of the day it’s a stupid piece of jewelry. My husband and I were married over 35 years when he died and we never wore our rings. Who cares

1 Like

P.S. if you still think about your ex you aren’t ready to get married or engaged in my opinion cause my ex is dead to me I could see him in person and still not think about him

1 Like

The next time you’re in the wall or you’re downtown walk past the jewelry store look at the Rings and oh I like that one I don’t like that one over there but I really like that one this gives him a clue of what you like if you see one like the one you know he has a that ring looks too much like the one my ex-husband gave me I wouldn’t want one like that again giving him a clue

I feel like this is an easy subject to resolve lol if it were me I’d casually say something like “hey babe look at these beautiful rings, I was just browsing around the internet for fun or making a Pinterest board” then show him a few you like and then show him a couple you really don’t like or describe them to him and include a photo or description of the ring he bought that way he realizes on his own that you won’t like the ring he bought and maybe he can return or exchange the ring in the proper amount of time needed in order for him to do that. Problem solved

Since you saw it by accident . Start showing him pictures of rings you really like.

I’m not sure how I would approach it but if he hasn’t bought the ring yet then it would be easier. I don’t think guys really care what the ring looks like so maybe just show him styles you like and mention which one was your previous ring and explain why you would want to stay away from that one. For all these judgy & snarky women trying to make you feel bad, they obviously didn’t read the whole post :woman_facepalming:

You would reject the proposal because of a ring? :woman_facepalming: maybe don’t get married again.

Maybe had a photo so he knows not what to get??? Bloody hell…

What? Seriously don’t. No matter how you say that, it’s gonna hurt. Don’t start out on that note. My advice is accept the ring graciously then upgrade later on.

1 Like

It’s about the love it took for him to pick the ring out. Just because it’s similar to the one your ex gave you doesn’t mean anything. Think of it as a fresh start and good reason to not dwell on what happened in the past. If you can’t get over that maybe you shouldn’t be getting married and you need to be in counseling if the “look” of a ring has that much control.

3 Likes

Tell him asap so he can dump you :heart:

1 Like

Telll him to find another woman

1 Like

You could just tell him. If you can’t communicate, you’re gonna have a rough relationship

Just be open and honest with him, being gentle with your words but open.

Surprise him with a ‘ring shopping date’ (don’t tell him beforehand) and discuss why you don’t like a certain style because of your ex. Discuss ones you DO like and perhaps how positive they make you feel

Add something to the ring after your married to make it look different from the previous one I think.your shallow about the ring he loves you wants to marry you why so much emphasis on a ring ?

Just tell him up front. But be gentle about it

Accidents happen! You MUST tell him the truth! You Will Look at THAT every day! He will understand,he doesn’t want you to remember your ex.

I’d think he’d want to know. Better you tell him than someone else

This is why I told my man if he ever proposes, it needs to be with a jetski. Rings are so played out :rofl:

If you have a picture of the previous ring, show him, and say something like, it’s a ok ring, but would really like our one to be different, and describe a different setting, stone/s etc

I think you need to let go of the packages from your past relationship. Because you’re going to disappoint about other things he might like or do that reminds you of your ex. Maybe he and your ex have the same taste of some stuff and it also could be the reason it draw him to you. There’s gotta be something that is similar.

If you still had ol hubs ring I would show him someday. Or even get a few jewelrycatalogs and go over them together pointing out what your old ring looked like…even similar ones…he should feel he wouldn’t want to have anything resembling another man…all on his own…another thought…feelings,truths, each other…communication is a must to have a healthy marriage!

These posts kills me. I feel bad for these men lol. Spend the time and effort picking out the perfect ring just for a woman to not like it. My proposal was a full on surprise I had no idea. My boss at the time took him shopping and after everything was said and done she told me it took like 8 hrs and a million different stores untill he found the perfect one. I absolutely love it. Wasn’t a normal engagement ring like just a band with a big stone on top, but it was beautiful and I will always cherish it.

Don’t marry him if u can’t tell him how u feel . This is important in marriage. Communication is very important

It’s no way to start a marriage. Tell him the truth.

I would be honest- say you accidentally saw the ring and you’re so excited to marry him someday- butttt the ring is in fact the same ring your ex-husband gave you. Make some kind of joke about how you must be the poster child for this ring. I’m sure he’d appreciate the honesty so he can get a different one!

Just be honest with him. From my experience my husband bought me a ring when he proposed and I didn’t like it. So I ask him if I can get it exchanged to the one I liked. He said “yes”:heart:. I only plan on getting married once and I will see that ring everyday. Get a ring that you will love and symbolize happiness whenever you look at it. It’s always better to be open and honest with your partner. His my best friend and he knows and I know we can be honest with each other. We’re still going strong and happy after 12 years​:heart:

1 you shouldn’t have seen the ring til he proposed to you… and 2 you should love it cause he choose it and put love and what money he had into it etc end of the day ita not about the ring your marrying the person you could discuss getting a new ring in a year or 2

Maybe don’t waste his time then? Break up.

I can’t believe someone would ask a man to buy you a certain ring.

Shame on you.

I told my hubby no diamonds, he bought me diamonds, I said I want an anniversary band with sapphires, he got me a band with diamonds, I said no an anniversary band showed him a pic of the sapphires he bought me diamonds, I had the rings mounted together to look better then lost weight and now they dont fit, so they are tucked away. Ring or no ring doesn’t matter he got what he thought I wanted and that’s what counts. If your willing to reject the proposal over a ring girl you need to move along and let him be. He deserves far better than you, you need a sugar daddy…

He picked the first ring for her out of love. He picked your ring out of love. If it’s similar, than perhaps that’s his style maybe. It seems like you have someone that loves you enough to propose and want to spend their life with you. It’s wild that the “ring” is even brought to mind. If you have ill feelings then that’s an issue you should address and let it be known to him and NOT try to make him feel guilty for choosing a ring that resembles his ex fiancés.

Just say no when he proposes and save him the life of being with an ungrateful b***h.

Maybe you should show him the old ring then he’ll be like oh shit I got the same one and trade it out for a different one on his own :sweat_smile: reverse psychology lol

I’m not coming off like a bitch but No diamond is identical. You think of your ex because of a ring. Theres seems like there’s more to this story than a ring that may resemble a ring ur ex gave you. You have to ask yourself Are you ready for marriage?