I feel guilt that my daughter has been with her dad so much....advice?

Maybe it’s just me but I literally feel like a terrible mom. My daughter has been with her dad for almost 3 weeks and out of those three weeks she’s been here probably 5 days. She usually only goes on weekends but he’s out of work, so I figured they could spend some daddy daughter time together. But…I literally feel mom quilt like crazy right now. I’m 16 weeks pregnant, throwing up like crazy, super tired and all I want to do is lay around. So it’s benefiting all of us, I just can’t shake the mom quilt.

48 Likes

I think that you did the best thing for your child!! She gets some extra dad time while you get the needed me time! Great job momma!!

10 Likes

Don’t feel guilty and having that extra support when you need it is a good thing. Take advantage of it while you can. From the sounds of it she needed dad time too. You are doing a great job! Also, don’t let your pregnancy emotions get the best of you which is making you feel that way. You got this mama! :heart:

2 Likes

Momma be happy, your doing what’s best for her, get along and be equal😊

It’s not guilt you feel, it’s just you missing her. This is wonderful that they are able to have this time together to foster a deeper relationship and bond! Be happy that this time can happen. She will be back in your arms soon enough and the regular schedule will be back in session. Your family is blessed and this will prove to be a very pivotal time for all of you! Rejoice in this fostering of love!

2 Likes

Understandable to have those feelings, she’s your daughter. Just keep reminding yourself that she’s having a great time with her dad and that’s great for their relationship and you need to get some rest at moment. Try to focus on the positives than letting your mind wonder off to guilt

It is amazing your allowing her that extra bonding time with her dad, not all kids get that chance. Don’t feel bad mama, your doing absolutely the right thing.

2 Likes

Allow her to be with her father for now and get yourself to feeling better soon too. Dont feel guilty for allowing her to have a good visit with her Dad. You need alone time too! Be blessed feeling that you can get a break before the baby comes too.

Since she only normally goes weekend, this is a good thing for her. You should not feel guilty. Only feel guilty if you prevent it. Sounds like a blessing in disguise for you if you are feeling sickly. School will be starting again soon. Maybe she is having more fun since you aren’t feeling well. Think of all the time you normally have with her. I understand your feelings though. I hated when my daughter went to her Dads on the weekends. Take care of you so when school starts you can feel stronger!

It would be weird if you didn’t have it because you love your child…you said it’s benefitting both of you so take advantage of the time as I’m sure that your ex is creating memories with your child…if you have a strong bond with your child nothing changes that…hang in there

1 Like

Hang in there!!we all need both parents

It’s okay to take time for yourself.

There is nothing for you to feel guilty about. Take care of yourself and your family. You are doing the right thing. Good mom

3 Likes

Needing some you time is nothing to feel guilty about, rest up and do enjoy it while you can :heart:

It is normal… but don’t feel guilty… you are helping to create a strong bond with her other parent. And that is priceless.

8 Likes

Imagine how he feels when you have her all the time and he only gets her on weekends! You are supporting her relationship with her father and that’s so important for her. Don’t feel guilty that you are doing whatever is best for her!

34 Likes

I understand mom guilt but she’s with her dad your going thru a tough time. Ur not doing anything wrong and I think it was sweet of you to give dad extra time.

You are sick !! How do you expect to take care of her ?
You should be grateful that she is spending this with his dad , it’s not a forever situation, he has her weekends, so this is great for all of you , take this time to rest , you can also call and video call her daily .
Maybe by the time he is returning to work you will feel better. So this is a win win situation for all of you

I’m just hear to say mom guilt is exhausting lol but eventually you’ll have a newborn and daughter sill be home again alot take the little break your getting and use it to lay down, clean, organize/prepare for baby, and know that it’s okay to have some time away from her just call text let her know you love her and she’s welcome to come home whenever she’s ready your doing your best mama and your letting dad have some time so in my eyes your doing amazing <3

1 Like

Mine 13 year old has been with her step non since June 10. Her sister came home June 30th. She chose to stay. Her dad is currently deployed. I love that they like being there. Even when dad is away. It’s great bonding time and fun things. Don’t feel guilty. He deserves the same amount of time you get.

1 Like

Don’t feel guilty it’s not that your denying her time with you your allowing her to have quality time with her dad well she has the opportunity to do so.

2 Likes

Is she having fun?? I’m sure Dad appreciates it that she’s staying more.
But I’d say as long as she’s having fun and what not, no need to feel guilty. Everyone needs a break now and then. Just enjoy it.
Maybe video call her so you don’t feel bad.

As long as she’s happy there you have nothing to feel bad about. It’s normal for a mother to second guess herself and feel guilty about anything and everything.

1 Like

There’s nothing to be guilty for you’re allowed to rest that doesn’t make you a bad mom

He’s her father… That’s all.

It’s normal. My middle son spends the entire summer between his grandma’s and dad’s. He hasn’t been home since they got of of school in May. As much as I miss him, I lobe that he is getting to spend all that time with his dad grandparents and cousins on the other side. Being I have him all school year It’s good for him and them

1 Like

Honey let me tell you the guilt bag is here to stay. If you didn’t let her go you’d still feel guilty, let her go, guilty, from here in out everything that goes even the slightest bit wrong , wether you had anything to do with it or not that bag will grow. And when the new baby comes, there’s another bag on the other shoulder.
It’s called being a mom. It’s normal. Not right. But normal. Daddy daughter relationships are epic. As long as it’s not effecting her let him do his thing.

Not gunna lie … that dad is having the best time of his life ! Never feel bad about a man spending time with his daughter it’s the best gift an ex can give

It sounds like the perfect life but you have anxiety about it.
Weird to me. I’d be enjoying every minute. Even if it’s relaxing and doing nothing cuz you’re preggo. Take advantage to start nesting as well.
There’s soooo much to do but you just want to worry. I used to have severe anxiety but I know it’s me doing it to myself so I stop it before it even tries to come out.

1 Like

I been going through the same thing minus a pregnancy, it sucks I am so sorry you feel it too! I think it’s bc we have a healthy attachment maybe

If you and dad were still together and under the same roof, she’d still be spending the majority of time with him rn cuz you’re sick!! And most importantly, it’s temporary, not forever…this will end up being “a drop in the bucket” as my mom says…be grateful you have an involved bd that’s willing to help you out when needed and not obsessed with making your life harder

2 Likes

Is she taken care of & happy at dads house? If so let go of the mommy guilt. You deserve to take care of you.

1 Like

It might help if you FaceTime or video call with her

Children are ones that suffer you feel guilty own it because if it was okay you would not feel it. Explain to the dad maybe you can go visit her depends to how old she is. You can rest and spend a bit more…babies need mommy’s…your choice to get pregnant again not her fault. But I do agree you will need rest cause you have another child on the way. Need to balance the time spent with her. That way you feel much better. Children understand more than we think. Scars are a lifetime …if child is old enough explain and go face to face on your phone.

1 Like