I feel guilty staying home: Advice?

Recently quit my job due to it being an unsafe environment. When my son was first born I stayed home for a full year so I could breast feed and my husband worked. I felt so guilty that I ended up getting a job but obv now I don’t. My husband assures me constantly to just enjoy time with our son plus starting to try again come fall… basically how do you not feel guilty about staying home?

24 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I feel guilty staying home: Advice?

I don’t, the fact that we can stay home means we are incredibly lucky. Enjoy your time momma!

You’re providing for your family in other ways by raising kids and keeping house, caring for your husband etc. If he’s happy with you being home don’t worry about it. Kids grow so fast, the first year’s are precious and not everyone is in a position to be able to spend that time with the kids so enjoy it hun.

8 Likes

I didn’t feel no guilt whatsoever! I enjoyed every second. I didn’t have the privilege of having children the way others could but when God blessed me I stayed hm till I felt the need to! Never take the little time you can have with your children

Just enjoy your son and be the best mom and husband you can be. Your first born will be grown up before you realize it.

Just know that it is so much better for your kids to be with you. Maybe you can find something from home to supplement? enjoy your kids, they grow up too fast, and spoil hubby.

4 Likes

You only get them moments one time! I wish I could have, but our circumstances wouldn’t allow it! I always encourage babies and kids first it goes by way too fast!

I enjoyed my 13 yrs at home with my kids. I loved watching them grow. My daughter is 13 and my youngest is 4. He just started 4k and honestly I’m ready to work, but then again I don’t have to and my husband doesn’t care if i work or not. Bring a sahm is like 100 jobs.

I stayed home for 12 years with my 3 boys. I just recently went back to work part time. Don’t feel guilty! It’s a lot of sacrifice and hard work! Stay at home moms don’t get the credit they deserve! Enjoy your time home! It really goes by so fast!

1 Like

Every woman is different. Some women love being stay at home moms while others love working and feeling like they’re providing just as much as the dad’s. Maybe talk some more with the hubby about how you feel and continue getting that reassurance about what you provide with being in your kiddos life.

1 Like

If you can stay at home for a couple of months, enjoy the time with your kids and do a little bit of stuff around the house you just couldn’t get to before. Maybe you’ll be able to find a legitimate work from home job that will be the best of both worlds.

I never did, I’ve had odd jobs but always quit to stay home with my kids. Plus I was a cake artist and worked out of our home. Hubby always told me he was willing to work hard so I could stay home with the kids. You dont need to feel bad about raising your child and taking care of your home

I don’t see what is to feel guilty about? I have been home for 5 years and I have yet to feel any sort of guilt. It’s not like I am not doing anything…… now if I didn’t have a kid and I stayed home that would be weird but your busy mothering. You know what I have guilt about, I worked throughout my oldest sons life. I missed everything!! First day of kindergarten, every show, every award ceremony, countless Christmas’ and holidays. I worked almost every Christmas morning and not I had worked overnight and was delirious opening gifts before I napped and had to go back to work. It took the joy out of everything in my life. That time I can not get back with him. I have cried myself to sleep countless times because time is precious and it’s lost and it moves by very fast. One minute they are singing Rudolph the red nose reindeer and the next they are graduating high school. So, don’t feel guilty.

1 Like

When l was a stay at home home dad with 3 kids, l loved it. I kept the house ean, did all the laundry, cooked every day. Even volunteered at the schools for different events. Made sure my wife had everything she needed to relax and set her up for the next day. I was only able to do it for 8 months but it was great. Kids and l had a routine and we had fun. I also did small car repairs for the neighbors like brake jobs and maintenance for my own pocket cash. Not big jobs but kept about $100/week in my pocket. This was in 2003 in Texas when minimum wage was $7.25/ hr so $100 was good. I got to buy kids lunch and ice cream all week. If you put in 8 hrs a day at home, no way should you feel guilty in anyway.

3 Likes

Don’t feel. Guilty. You are making precious memories!

You get to form a great bond with your son.

Guilty about what​:roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Easy, you’re working harder now then you probably did at a job. Plus, if you’re going to have another baby, daycare is expensive.

Honestly if you can make it on his pay then you’re probably saving money in the long run. Your husband sounds amazing!!

3 Likes

Think of it this way. You do have a job. You have several. Just at home.

I’ve felt guilty for all of my life for working but I had to. If 1 income is enough for your family be glad to stay home!:+1::blush:

I felt incredibly lucky to be able to stay home with my babies until they both started school full time! Not many people are able to afford this. We of course were going and living pay check to pay check but I LOVED being able to be the one to raise my babies and be able to make a nice hot meal and have a clean home for my husband every day when he came home from work. Even now that my kids are teenagers and I’m working full time, when I get home from work the LAST thing I want to do is make dinner or have to clean up the house!.. it is just so overwhelming for me! (My kids and husband do help a LOT with house chores but man, if I could go back to being a stay at home mom, I would do that in a heartbeat! It’s a privilege to be able to stay home with your kids. Don’t feel guilty about that. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

There are MILLIONS of women who wish they could be in your shoes.

Enjoy your time with your son and do impactful things with him. He is at the age when he will remember the most, and you being a part of that is precious beyond compare.

Blessings.

3 Likes

You be such an awesome mom that you don’t even have time to feel guilty.

1 Like

If your family can afford it, then having one parent at home is incredibly beneficial for everyone involved. It might not bring home money but it’s still valuable work; you’re not just taking care of your kids, but your whole family. You can do the household chores at a slower pace and still enjoy time with them, rather than having to rush through everything in your limited spare time. And you’re also saving a ton of money on childcare; I know some dual-income families who spend almost all of one income on daycare alone.
It really sucks that our society emphasizes income-generating work as the only “valid” kind.

3 Likes

I didn’t feel guilty in the least. I worked 10x harder than that man did and I was on call 24/7. Not to mention, I gave up my career, my ability to continue to add to my retirement, my independence, etc. I felt like I sacrificed a lot and worked way harder than I ever did at any corporate job. I was grateful for the opportunity but I also felt it was well earned.

2 Likes

Do you have any idea how much newborn childcare costs? You are easily saving at least 1000 dollars a month. No need to help guilty at all

Your husbands most i portant people are his family … he will feel guilty getting you back to work and putting the kids in daycare , enjoy your time with your babies that’s what your husband wants for you, it won’t last forever

1 Like

What you’re doing is important too. Don’t feel guilty, give your son the best memories with his mom as possible :heart:

Looking after your kid is a job! If you had a different one, you’d have to pay someone to look after him. If you can afford it, enjoy it. Once he starts school you can look for a job again.

1 Like

l Get paid over $114 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12941 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay232.pages.dev/

Raising your child is a full time job in itself. Enjoy your son like he said. Nit many people these days ger ro enjoy that. They have to pay someone else to pretty much raise their kid for them so they can work. Enjoy him while he is little.

1 Like

I am pro whatever you want to do!!! However in my opinion there’s NOTHING wrong with you being there to raise your baby 100% of the time vs. Someone else part of the time!! With that being said…do you feel guilty because of you not working OR do you feel guilty because you want to work BUT you feel like you should be at home? Either case…maybe babysit other people’s kiddo(s) or try and find an at home job…they are out there. Or maybe a part time delivery service job like uber or doordash…that gives you flexibility! I would like to add…at the end of the day us parents will feel guilty about multiple things a day…just remember a happy and healthy child will need a mom who tries her best to practice self care!! They don’t need us perfect, they need us to try. After all, they learn it’s okay to make mistakes AND how to take care of themselves from US! (parents and or other care takers alike)

l Get paid over $114 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12941 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay268.pages.dev/

You are working- taking care of a home, child and husband are all jobs just not traditional. You’re lucky to be able to be home and raise your child instead of having someone else do it. You actually have the most important job in my opinion.

3 Likes

l Get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12596 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay318.pages.dev/

Guilty? Why? Baby needs it’s mama.

4 Likes

When I looked at daycare prices I knew staying at home would save us a bunch of money! I stayed at home for 3 years and saved my family money! You’re doing plenty and that time you get with your baby is priceless :heart:

2 Likes

I was told that every archievement begins with a decision to try, ignorance destroy so many opportunities, I’m a victim but I was convinced by the right person thanks to you Mrs Lisa jennifer

I’m so lucky to invest with Mrs lisa jennifer , I can assure you that she’s 100% legitimate and also keeps to her words, I don’t really know if there are others out there. But I can tell you since i started investing with her I’ve been benefitting from her platform. Indeed this has been a life changing opportunity to me and all thanks to lisa Jennifer for helping me out on cryptocurrency trade,you can give it a try

I have been hearing about cryptocurrency I never know how it works until I came across Mrs lisa jennifer trades and She makes me understand how it works, since then I’ve been investing in her platform and i have being making massive profits that’s why I decided to tell you, invest with the right manager today. Click on this name to message her

Think if the money saved on childcare. That’s a big one. A lot of times, depending on where you live, childcare can cost the weekly income of one of the parents. Then you’re out of the house all day every day. You being at home saves that money, allows you time with your child, and allows you to do all the things, during the day, that you would typically have to rush around doing in the evenings or on the weekends… cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, errands, meal prep etc.

If you feel like you’re not contributing to the household (even though SAHMs usually contribute plenty) look into going back to school. You could take online classes, while being at home with your child, and ultimately your degree could benefit your family in the long run.

I’m team do what works for your family. If hubby is fine with you staying home then don’t feel guilty. You do so much as a stay at home mom that it becomes a job in itself. As for me I couldn’t just stay home forever because I dont have any friends with little bitty kids so I felt isolated. If you need to get out of the house but find you miss your babies too much try something part time. Then you can try to have the best of both worlds. But in my experience i felt guilty staying home and not contributing financially but I feel guilty going to work too. So overnights works best for me. I’m always tired but i get to be home with the kids all day and evening and still can help contribute financially.

1 Like

l Get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12596 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay344.pages.dev/

If u have the opportunity to stay home and raise ur child do it. You will never get that time back and it u have a choice it’s better than a daycare raising ur child. Ur also running a household which is a full time job. I worked after my 1st turned one because I had to then I stayed home after 2nd and had a 3rd and now feel blessed to be able to stay home and raise all 3 who r now 14, 15 and 18. I’m self employed now however I’m able to still stay home.

1 Like

If your husband encourages you, doesn’t make you beg for necessities for yourself, for the home, or children- you have zero reason to feel guilty. Being a stay at home mom is often times more work than a job, but also very rewarding and better for the child/children. If you simply can’t kick feeling guilty, you can stay home and do many other things to earn money. You could watch another child or two, bake things (farmers markets), make jewelry, candles, wax melts, crafts, plan events, make tshirts, decals, an endless amount of things you could do to supplement income. Just make sure it’s something you can do at your own pace and enjoy it. I will say again though, that you have no reason to feel guilty.

I’ve been a SAHM for 22 years…never felt guilty about it!:woman_shrugging:t3:
It IS my job!

1 Like

Being a stay at home mom is one of the hardest jobs out there so you are definitely contributing so I would listen to your husband and enjoy the time with your son

i am making these days easily more than $500 per day for doing work online. i got my 3rd payment last month of $18335. i was surprised when one of my close friend told me she was making $17771 per month but now i see how it works.

Check This >>https://DollarProfits1892.pages.dev/