I feel like I am never good enough for my daughter: Thoughts?

I feel I keep failing as a mom. I try to be there help more than I should make myself absolve to my daughter, and somehow it’s just not enough. She has been spoiled her life, and when the answer is no I’m sorry, I can’t. She stops talking to me, relying on my niece her cousin saying she is always there for her this hurts when I am here and if I don’t give my last penny do things her way I’m the bad guy she is having a baby I chose to buy gifts that others wouldn’t feel burdened to buy expensive things parents should by still not enough the shower I backed out of to extravagant for my wallet we aren’t like that she hangs with these people that money grows on trees it does not I work hard barely make ends meet help a mother be a mom.

1 Like

Well to me it sounds like if she isn’t happy with what you get or do and she’s an adult then tough stop doing it! Tough love or whatever you wanna call it. I was always happy with what my dad and grandma got me for my kids and if I wasn’t I still said thank you. Sorry she hurt your feelings but you can only do so much and if she’s still unhappy let her buy the stuff

1 Like

If she’s a grown up and can’t appreciate you then stop buying her stuff or helping her, and when she NEEDS help maybe she’ll ASK. Just maybe she will grow more mature and appreciate you when she is able to feel your absence of helping her or buying her stuff. Sounds like she needs tough love.

1 Like

If she’s a grown up and can’t appreciate you then stop buying her stuff or helping her, and when she NEEDS help maybe she’ll ASK. Just maybe she will grow more mature and appreciate you when she is able to feel your absence of helping her or buying her stuff. Sounds like she needs tough love.

1 Like

This is sad. At 5 yrs old my granddaughter understands if there isn’t enough money for something. I would say stop doing until she learns to be appreciative!!