I feel like my spouse just doesn't care about me: Advice?

Mamas I need serious advice me and my baby’s father have been together over 3 years and are engaged. But since I’ve had our baby I don’t feel like he’s really there for us. He never gives me a break even when he’s home I have to fight with him to take care of the baby at all. All of our needs are pushed aside so he can get whatever he wants. I’ve brought it to his attention before that I need taken care of so I can take care of our baby and I even left before to prove I was serious. It’s been 2.5/3 months since I left and everything is spiraling back. I feel like his mother. I have to constantly yell at him for 2 hrs in the morning to turn off his alarms because they wake the baby and he won’t even get up to put him back to sleep. He comes home showers and sits on his phone and couldn’t care less if we were here. No matter how many times I tell him I’m burnt out and things need to change nothing happens. I don’t feel like I mean a thing to him unless it’s sex I get a max of 3-4 hrs of sleep a night because his alarms keep me up and by time he leaves for work baby is waking up. I have no time for me or my mental health. I don’t know what to do at this point. The most obvious would be to leave but how am I supposed to completely start over with my baby when I don’t have a dime to my name or anything at all?

6 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I feel like my spouse just doesn't care about me: Advice?

You need to find time for your mental health. I made excuses for years and it ended up ruining my marriage. You can’t help those who don’t help themselves. Be strong for your babies. Thats all that matters. Even if its online councelling and maybe medication will help. Its been a week and a half since my husband walked out. I’ve made so much progress on myself.

3 Likes

File for child support & SNAPS, in the meantime try and get a job, you can get assistance from the state to help with childcare once you start a job. Don’t settle for him bcuz he will never change since his mindset is that your not gonna leave. It will only get worse. Trust me, you and baby deserve better. And yes it will be hard starting from scratch. But you can do it. :heart:

2 Likes

Get yourself a job and get on your own. You can do it! There are a lot of successful single moms!

5 Likes

Soooo, it looks like the baby decision was one sided… and your leaving game didn’t work. Get out, get a job, file for custody, assistance, and child support!!! Looks like your gonna have to learn to be a single mom.

2 Likes

First stop giving him sex altogether. Second plan a day for yourself even if you can’t spend money go relax at a park for a few hours or just browse stores and on his day off leave the baby with him and shut your phone off when you leave.

Starting over sounds better than settling.

5 Likes

You can do it! If you aren’t happy trust me you can do. Been a single mum since I was pregnant and yeah it was hard at first but now it’s brilliant. You get into a groove and get used to it

3 Likes

It won’t get better. Look at the time you have already wasted in this relationship. What do you think it will be like 6 months or a year from now? Is this what you want for yourself and your child?

1 Like