I feel like other moms are threatened by me

Have any Moms here ever experienced being “shunned/avoided” by other Moms for jealousy/insecurity reasons? My Husband thinks I’m being silly, but I cannot think of why other local Moms seem to purposely NOT want to connect. My kids are very friendly, well-behaved, same ages as the other kids in the neighborhood, yet I find these Moms always keeping their distance. I have tried thinking of reasons why this is happening, because all of our interactions with these other families are always positive and friendly. I’m starting to think it is ME! I am pretty and have a rewarding career, but I do not flaunt my lifestyle in any way, I live in a very modest house and my Social Media is very reserved/only posting appropriate, positive content… I have had issues with other females being threatened by me before, and I honestly feel that may be what is going on here. Has anyone else experienced this? How did you get these women to ease up a bit and make them realize you’re not out to ‘steal their husbands’ or ‘compete with them’

507 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/i-feel-like-other-moms-are-threatened-by-me/17525

1 Like

They have their cliques.

7 Likes

Maybe they just haven’t had the time or opportunity to get to know you! Stop worrying about what other people think and be yourself and the friends that you find and stick with will most likely be the ones who are worth it! Also I personally find that women who think that others are jealous of them tend to walk around with their nose in the air a bit. Try and soften that and you may be more approachable.

I would also suggest speaking to other women go up and compliment them! Just pick one thing you genuinely like. Next time they will probably remember you in a good light. First impressions matter. Plus we constantly hear all the negative stuff we do wrong! It’s nice to hear a compliment once in a while.

26 Likes

I found healthy women to befriend. I don’t do jealous friends. There are other women who will respect you and see you as your equal.

30 Likes

Honestly you can’t. There are going to be women that you can be friends with and they’re secure with themselves and there’s going to be a women you can’t, no matter what you do.

10 Likes

Farrel, you & me!!! Personally I like being left alone. Find your tribe!

7 Likes

It happens. I don’t have mom friends. Only 2 of my friends are women and we grew up together. It’s sad but sometimes that’s just how it is.

7 Likes

Your statement " I’m pretty and have a rewarding career." Is probably why the keep their distance. You might be flaunting yourself without knowing it.

Fuck them! You dint need friends lol :laughing:

I had a jealous friend who ended up hurting me deeply so be careful

4 Likes

Yes yes and yes. Shunned at a play group for not being wealthy

9 Likes

Just be yourself. I tend to have RBF and don’t even realize it. Eventually the right ones will come along, wave, smile, keep doing you…but at the end of the day you may just have to see that having a smaller tribe is best.

9 Likes

Kind of sad !! Lots of jealous women now-in-days.
It’s pathetic… maybe they’re threatened by your looks like u said. Maybe they don’t know how to approach you. :woman_shrugging: good luck the less people in your life the better

13 Likes

Eh, being pretty, having a great career and a perfect social media isn’t what I look for in a mom friend. I want mom friend’s that have messy hair, eat mozzarella sticks in sweats and say swear words. They probably feel judged by you and this perfect image you portray.

73 Likes

I feel judged by other moms too. Like at school functions and stuff. I don’t think it has to do with me being good looking or not. I feel like the judge because of my tattoos and maybe my style. I’m still a good mom and love my kids as much as they love theirs. But I always feel the stares and stuff. But maybe it’s just me.
But still my advice is always be polite regardless and be yourself and eventually if that person is meant to be your friend they will like you for who you are.

10 Likes

I mean if they are only keeping their distance but previous interactions have been positive/friendly then maybe they’re just busy? Or maybe they could just be slow to warm up? Also, some people may have had bad experiences in the past with making friends, so they could just be on the cautious side. They also just could be more introverted and like to be by themselves frequently. There’s so many reasons why honestly. It really may not be personal.

11 Likes

Many people need
To put their nose down. They walk around thinking they are all that and so do their kids. It’s better to keep your circle small

4 Likes

I used to have a few mom friends until I realized it was high school drama all over again. There were a couple I’ll talked to here and there but they gossip so much I know I’m talked about too. There’s 2 in particular that I absolutely love. Like they are amazing role models to their children and they do everything without a man. But they are so busy they just don’t have time to do much.

5 Likes

Do you really want those kinds of friends anyway? :heart:

5 Likes

You sound like a piece of work. Just from your post, I’d probably avoid you too :grimacing:

38 Likes

Who cares!? Fuck em.

I personally don’t know anyone who’s jealous of someone because of their looks. Besides, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Just because you think you’re pretty doesn’t mean everyone else in the world does. Maybe look inside yourself. Are you acting like you’re better looking and more successful than the other women are? That alone, will push people the wrong way. If you aren’t acting better than thou then you don’t need them as friends and are better off without them.

13 Likes

Stop showering and rub mud all over yourself like Arnold did in Predator, that should make them feel more comfortable around you, if your smarter than them then practice whats known as “intellectual hobbling”, or you could try loosening up and being warm and genuine

18 Likes

Honestly you come off suuuuper snobby. I would probably write you off as shallow and not give you the time of day either. I’m not TRYING to be mean on purpose. You’re trying to figure out what it is, and this is my personal first impression of you. You may not be that way at all, in which case you should evaluate how you present yourself and words because something is coming across wrong. You don’t have to change your personality. Just soften how you present yourself. Show don’t tell y’know?

32 Likes

A lot of people tend to stick with who they know or alone

I see it at the school pick up.

4 Likes

Hold on tight to that ego before you drop it from that high horse ya got there :cowboy_hat_face:

21 Likes

“I’m pretty and have a rewarding career”
Or
“I’m not out to get their husbands”…
might be the kind of thoughts they ~know~ you have regarding your own overconfidence/conceited demeanor. They may not feel intimidated by you. But they might see that you ~feel~ you should be intimidating… & that’s not what people look for in friends or people to just be around in general. :woman_shrugging:t2:
I think you’re unknowingly giving off snobby vibes.

28 Likes

Yes, but I think mine is bc I am older than the other moms that have kids the same age as my youngest😬

1 Like

Lol sorry to break it to you, but maybe your vibe just sucks :rofl:

23 Likes

Lmao you sound stuck up and probably carry yourself with an “I’m better than everyone attitude” I would avoid you too.

11 Likes

Arrogant, maybe some narcissistic… look at yourself more, instead of a lot of others.

10 Likes

Lol lol lol. Your vibe just from this post tells everyone and should tell you, everything you need to know about why people don’t like you. And it’s not cause they feel threatened by you by any means.

16 Likes

Fuck all these people who say you aren’t worth hanging out with because of the way your lifestyle is. To me it seems as though youre more modest and private-which is me too. And it’s hard because woman have always been like thos with me. No matter what I tried to do. At the end of the day they don’t matter-being lonely sucks but it’s better than filling a void with false love and respect. :heart:

Well hello Conceded :wave: how are you today?!?

3 Likes

Um girl read your post!

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:we all see why noone wants to sit with you

3 Likes

They’re not threatened or jealous - they don’t like your attitude. Plain and simple. Just by reading this, I can openly admit that I do not like you either.

23 Likes

I’m pretty sure it is you, however if you were as balanced as you claim to be you’d just relax and women of the same standard/stature would be available for friendships.

I avoid throwing the word jealous around. Someone doesn’t have to envy you to simply dislike you. These women might just find you disagreeable. I hope your kids are able to socialize though. That part is sad.

8 Likes

They’re not the friends for you.

3 Likes

I just MIGHT have an idea as to why these woman don’t wanna hang out with you…

4 Likes

I’m trying to think of a way of putting this.
I have no man for you to “take” because I don’t want one.
I don’t care what anybody looks like. I am happy as long as it’s a decent conversation and we can have a laugh. I get on with most people.
I don’t think I would like you. You seem extremely self righteous. This post screams volumes about why they don’t want to be your friend

21 Likes

What do you have to offer them as a friend? Humor laughter moral support? Also write what you printed and put someone else’s name to it and reread it with their name and see what you wrote from their prospective and see how it comes across to you. Just thinking that you are coming across as a very strong personality

5 Likes

It’s definitely a you thing…

1 Like

Maybe they just don’t like you. Not everyone has to get along and be friends. They probably aren’t intimidated by you. Maybe you need an ego check? :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

This post alone comes across as having a bad attitude. Very conceded & self centered. Potentially without even realizing it because you’re too wrapped up in yourself… That’s probably why the others “turn away” so to speak. The vibes one gives off, says a lot to others.

5 Likes

Posting anonymously says it all…

Could be they just don’t want to branch outside of their circle. I am a VERY introverted person. I have no friends, I don’t hang out with other moms. The only times I ever tried to make friends with other moms, is so my kids would have other kids to play with. I’m awkward and anxious. I find it difficult to interact with others. It could be something as simple as that. My next door neighbor used to think I hated her, just because I always stuck to myself and never made plans with her.

4 Likes

I think a part of the problem might be
-1 I am pretty with a rewarding career
2- I’ve had problems with females being threatened by my before
3- how to get them to ease up/realise I’m not out to steal their husbands or compete with them…

Your attitude SUCKS! I wouldn’t want to hang around you either you are litterAlly looking down your nose at the people around you like they should feel honoured you want to be friends with them :laughing::laughing::laughing:

14 Likes

i actually think it’s fine to know you’re pretty. and she did write this in a private way.
i teach my girls to thank the Lord for their beauty because it can be taken at anytime and real beauty comes from inside BUT it is fine to know you are pretty. she didn’t say she thought she was prettier then anyone else. i actually don’t think she said anything wrong. it’s sad she has to feel like she has to dial down her success and confidence to make other people feel comfortable but it is the truth.
my advice to her is to find friends who are confident in themselves and in their marriage. find friends who feel pretty and are humble about it. keep being you and don’t think to much about it❤️ everyone has their own insecurities and you should have friends that build you up and cheer you on. pray about it and be patient. don’t talk crap about people and be humble. youre beautiful and don’t ever be sorry for it , keep being you, youll find your friends

28 Likes

Most women are intimidated by secure, confident women. I mean, look at some of these comments lol just b/c u said that u are “pretty” & have a “rewarding career” that apparently makes u “snobby” “stuck up” & “shallow” rather than “honest” “real” & “sure of yourself”. I guess if u want to make friends, better start calling yourself “ugly” & say that ur job sucks :woman_shrugging: But another thing is SAHM tend to stick with other SAHM, it’s like they’re a cult :joy: I’m half joking don’t lynch me :sweat_smile: But try to find other moms who vibe how u vibe, or just start lowering ur standards lol :joy: There’s nothing wrong with loving yourself, be your own friend :sparkles::black_heart:

Come on gal, it’s okay not to be liked.

2 Likes

Your energy speaks so loud that it’s hard to hear anything else. Maybe you thinking that your someone above these ppl, and that they should be feeling threatened…:thinking: if that’s what you think maybe that’s your vibe. If that’s the case, it’s unappealing and undesirable to make friends or have you in around….it’s kinda of embarrassing honestly….your not probably threatening or the object of jealousy, it’s probably just that you vibe on a completely different frequency.

7 Likes

Read your post & you’ll see you’ve answered your own question.:joy:

7 Likes

Try telling them this…. Im sure they will be understanding and come to their senses.

2 Likes

You gonna be friendless having that strong stuck up vibe you got. I wouldn’t wanna befriend you.

6 Likes

LOL I guarantee you it’s your personality :joy:

3 Likes

of course you call them females…

1 Like

Funny cause I’m pretty and have a good job yet make friends just fine. you sound really into your head on how amazing you think you are. (maybe you are too) I’m getting some pick me vibes and that tiktok sound “am I better than everyone else”? :joy: chill and dont be too strong at first. also not everyone needs to be your friend. I’ve wanted mom friends then realized our personalities don’t click. Maybe it’s as simple as that too. It’s okay to be confident but seriously don’t read into shit like that. I have no idea if you’re genuine or fake so I’m just surprised at this post in general :rofl: good luck to ya. people don’t want to do things on their own so genuinely I hope you find that perfect person that you click with and can be yourself. I kinda like you but not for sure yet. The confidence cracks me up. 🤌🏼:cold_face::laughing: you sound like someone I’d grab coffee with

Ik I (and I’m sure tons of other ppl) sense others’ energies n just reading this had me rolling my eyes. If your husband (who I’d imagine knows u better than the majority of ppl on this planet) is tellin u that they aren’t “intimidated by u” n ur a lil off on this one… maybe realize even HE is trying to tell u that ur bleh without using the word bleh probably out of fear/avoidance of having to deal with ur response. Ya know the whole if problems repeatedly continue to happen to u in dif situations and with dif ppl and in dif places… mayyyyybe “the problem” is u.
I can bet that if you climbed off ur high horse n changed up ur “pretty” face n ur “rewarding”vibe n ur “non competitive” lingo a little bit you’d be more approachable.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s your attitude

6 Likes

I live in a modest house! They should love me! We are practically the same. But I’m pretty and have a rewarding career.

11 Likes

It’s that mindset , it’s creates loneliness

2 Likes

Girl, dont bother being friend with women like that. Sounds like a bunch of women still stuck in high school. Also nothing wrong with loving yourself and being proud of your success. Id say dont worry about it and keeping doing you. Youll find your tribe eventually.

15 Likes

I don’t normally comment on these posts because surely this has to be a wind-up. However, this struck a chord with me. Call me crazy but I have NEVER selected any of my friends based on their looks, their house, their job, their social media content or the chance of them not chasing my partner. However, I do select my friends based on how they make me feel. So to answer your question, how are you making these women feel? Are you making them feel accepted? Welcome? Able to approach you as themselves? Or are you making them feel guarded, wary, unsure and judged? I’d put money on the second option. My suggestion would be to check the vibes you are sending out before assuming they’re terrified you’re going to steal their husbands

23 Likes

Most of the women commenting on your post are like your local moms. If you are reading this, enjoy your life, make new friends and care zero about who thinks what. Confidence takes years to build, don’t let insecure people rob you of it. Let the haters in your neighborhood and …cough cough….in the comments here, do their thing. Why would you wanna be friends with them? Sending :heart:

24 Likes

This is too much. :roll_eyes:
Honestly, why do you care?
You’re assuming they are acting a certain way because of you.
And judging by your post…ya know…I have to say, I would stay away too. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

You should focus on your kids and maybe not so much on why you seem to think other moms don’t like you. Just a thought.

7 Likes

Damn you really do think you are amazing!!! I hope you read all of these replies

This just the life being pretty. Unfortunately women will always be like this.

9 Likes

People can sense that energy.
Maybe don’t go into a situation assuming ALL other females aren’t going to like you, because well, then they probably won’t.

Also, this post is strange.

14 Likes

I would assume it’s your narcissism that would make you lousy company…I doubt they are jealous…I’m pretty sure they are grateful that they are regular gals …maybe one day if you come down from that pedistal you can have an honest conversation with some of them …but as long as your high opinion of yourself and your appropriate “posts” I doubt anyone would feel comfortable around you …humble pie is free by the way …and there is zero calories…you can eat as much as you like …try having a piece …see where it takes you

22 Likes

You sound very into yourself and if these females are anything like us non snobby ones then they can feel the self conceded ways you throw out. Maybe quit thinking you’re prettier or better and maybe you will find friends. Just the fact u had to put out there u think they’re jealous and then say you’re pretty that in itself made me not like u.

21 Likes

ma’am don’t listen to these comments it’s nothing wrong with wondering why you don’t have any friends. understand that some of us are a riddle & not meant for everybody. in the meantime keep doing you, being you & the people that’s meant to be in your life will flock to you. I know it gets lonely sometimes, everyone wants friends but it’s better to be alone than to jst be around anyone jst to say you have friends !!

10 Likes

Been there. Its because you’re hot and prob they husbands been looking and or they’re insecure. Im a very very respectful woman. I wont even barely talk yo to another womans man/hubby- because of this . No matter how reserved i am, there’s alwayssssss catty ness/jealousy . Im very humble, reserved, a social worker, i dont seek attention… but its given no matter how hard I try to hide from it. Honesty hate it… same thing happens to me. As shit weird as it sounds, i purposely dress down/no make up etc… then other women be more chill.
Don’t listen to the hater comments.

Is this actually a real post ? Are we being pranked ?

9 Likes

Oh you flaunt it 100%. Your flaunting it to thousands of strangers on here right now👌🏽

15 Likes

Hmmm once I got to the " I’m pretty and rewarding career"I kinda stopped reading. And NO we are not like your local mom’s as someone mentioned above. You come across as you’re better than them already. Are you saying that they aren’t pretty or successful in life?
Maybe you should go up and ask them. They could just be a close knit group of friends. Why would you assume it’s because of that. Assuming doesn’t make you any better than them.

Seriously. You seem a little judgey yourself. Not everyone is going to like you. Maybe find a group of friends a little more your speed … Pretty and with rewarding careers.

18 Likes

The amount of ego you show in this post, I can only imagine what you are like in person. Which probably plays a big part in why they want nothing to do with you.

13 Likes

Judging by this post. I’m assuming they avoid you cause of your ego :joy: I doubt they are jealous.

11 Likes

Is your husband sleeping with one of them?

11 Likes

Everyone saying this woman is into herself may just be the “jealous type” that she’s worried about. Sounds like she is very self aware. Which isn’t bad, but makes it hard to make friends.

Just branch out! There’s an app called peanut here that’s for moms to meet on, try something like that!

10 Likes

Wait, it’s perfectly fine to be confident but confidence shouldn’t come across snobby-like. That’s what your post is representing. Someone made the comment that this thread is sounding like the local women that you’re referring to. I don’t think that’s it at all. I think some of the things you said towards the end of your post is what’s rubbing people the wrong way. But in the same breath, we should be encouraging women with confidence, not tearing them down because they are. Maybe I just contradicted myself lol. Oh well. I guess my point is, if you come across snobby even if it’s unintentional, people will have an issue with that and rightfully so.

10 Likes

You are correct it is 100% you and your attitude

9 Likes

Who’s gonna tell her? :joy:

7 Likes

There are so many :clown_face::clown_face: in this thread that are hella mad lol!!

1 Like

I think it makes her uncomfortable the vibe thats put out towards her and i think she just ran into that crowd on here.are we not allowed to refer to ourselves as attractive do i have to declare myself a swamp witch to meet your standards?lady ignore that talk i understand when you try to feel comfortable and fit into your community and certains vibes looks can make you feel insecure in that just find yourself and you will find the right people that feel you :kiss: and as for the shes stuck up comments come on guys dont you ever look in the mirror and think shit i look good today?who are you to tell her otherwise or to shut up about it

I could have written this myself.
It’s true. Jealousy is a real thing.

9 Likes

Just talk to them and see why

1 Like

Oh its definitely you.

10 Likes

Coming to conclusions before knowing much more?? Have you really tried making more activities or other types of interactions with them??
Just because you’ve had it before doesn’t mean that will forever be the reason

1 Like

I’m not sorry to burst your bubble, no one is jealous of you. Not even close. Get over yourself. My guess is based on your attitude and yes, you flaunt all the way, that no one wants to have anything to do with a diva that thinks she’s better than everyone else. The ego in this post is unreal. I read this and immediately didn’t like you.

22 Likes

She went straight to pretty like these other moms are looking for a play mate :skull::skull::skull::skull:

6 Likes

You WISH they were all jealous of you and wanted your husband! You’re acting beyond confident and someone who is simply happy with her life…you have convinced yourself that you’re better than these other women rather than being equal. Nobody likes someone who thinks they’re better than everyone else.

15 Likes

Well … I see the problem here :joy:

6 Likes

Re-read your post. If you still don’t understand why they stay away, it may be for the best that you just allow them their distance :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

Yes l have when my youngest was in high school it was stupid

1 Like

Appropriate content lol nope I prefer those who post awesome memes :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Wondering why, she insists, women are “jealous”, yet is anonymous… Show yourself…

3 Likes

Why not just ask them? Say, “I’m feeling a little left out of the group. Can you clue me in on anything I’m saying or doing that might be off-putting?” Then listen. Pick a more extroverted and blunt mom who is more likely to tell you the unvarnished truth.

When you’re 20 you care what others think. When you’re 40 you no longer care what people think. When you’re 60 you realize no one’s been thinking about you at all all along. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

21 Likes